The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Does anyone have clear shots of Stevie's new coat & the boots?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac: Acer Arena, December 8

Loyal fans ignore the cracks in heritage rock
Bernard Zuel
December 10, 2009

THIS is not meant to be a story about change. Things don't change in a hurry, if at all, in what the Americans call heritage rock. As in, solid as a rock. As in, preserved just as it was when we first saw it rock.

This of course is hardly going to cause complaints in an audience who have come for the security and comfort of the familiar: if they wanted new songs, they would buy a new album by some new artist. And what's an MP3 anyway?

The structure of this tour is much the same as five years ago: the songs - the hits, naturally, with one song each from a Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks solo album; the solo spots (Buckingham alone for Big Love; Buckingham and Nicks duet for the excellent Landslide); and the solos (Buckingham, as often as possible; John McVie briefly and Mick Fleetwood once).

There were also the absences. Without Christine McVie's songs this show is diminished and let's not get started on the wiped-from-history pre-1975 versions of Fleetwood Mac. And the additions (the multiple extra voices and instruments augmenting the remaining parts of the ''classic'' line-up).

But there were some changes worth noting and not just the fact that Mick Fleetwood's banal drum solo, complete with gibbering, was kept to less than 10 minutes (oh hallelujah!). Or that apart from occasional great moments such as Second Hand News and the set-closing Go Your Own Way, tempos and energy levels were frustratingly half a pace off, deadening songs such as Storms.

First, while Nicks's voice is in even poorer state than five years ago - the top range is long gone, the middle range is wobbly and songs such as Rhiannon can never recover - and her movements more stiff and limited, she seemed much more engaged with the songs, the audience and her bandmates this time.

On the other hand, a self-satisfied Buckingham was even more over the top, balancing his evident status as the healthiest and most capable musician in the band with a tendency to mug furiously and ridiculously. Perhaps unwittingly his voice was considerably louder than anyone else's in the mix so that when he and Nicks sang together her voice disappeared.

Not that the audience, wildly applauding anything and everything and offering standing ovations freely, minded. That's another thing which never changes.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertain...034299929.html
Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

this may be the most beautiful pic EVER...i may have to steal it
You mean, the most beautiful picture ever taken of Mama Cass post-mortem?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris_Sydney: WOW! Those are such great photos...REALLY nice job. The first 2 of Stevie are just gorgeous. Stunning. The close up of Mick is fantastic ( he'd probably like a copy! ). Nice to see you got some of John too. But my favorites are the two B&W Lindsey shots. Mmmm. HOT!! And the "I'm So Afraid" shot too. THANKS for sharing : )

Oh, and nice you got to enjoy the evening with your dad. Very cool.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
On the other hand, a self-satisfied Buckingham was even more over the top, balancing his evident status as the healthiest and most capable musician in the band with a tendency to mug furiously and ridiculously.
It cracks me up that they said Lindsey was the healthiest member of the band. Has it come to this? Are our guys so old that they have to be ranked according to their physical status?

Next tour, they will mention which band member still has their own teeth.

Michele
Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But if you’re looking for a guitarist who is both unique and totally in-control of his instrument, you can’t go past Lindsey Buckingham. He knows when to hold back and when to let loose
Some people don't agree that Lindsey knows when to hold back.

Michele
Old 12-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
You mean, the most beautiful picture ever taken of Mama Cass post-mortem?
er...mate uve got the wrong band
this is Mama Nicks
and if post mortem is post Street Angel...then yes, yes it is what i mean...performing wise not just in regular life
Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wardrobe change!

I found these on youtube this morning. Just a short snippet of Stevie and Lindsey walking out before SS and then about a minute of SS, but you can see the white fur thing that we heard Stevie was wearing. Even looks like Lindsey says something to her about it in the first video.

Thanks to whoever posted these.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That fur thing doesn't look like anything more than something wrapped and tied around her neck... Here's a photo:

http://picasaweb.google.ca/ScottandA...42300552712610
Old 12-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I'll say something to you Chris_Sydney:

"I think you are a really, REALLY great photographer and these photos ARE SOME OF THE BEST STEVIE CONCERT PHOTOS TAKEN IN YEARS...So, with that being said, I want to thank you for showing us your shoots...I LOOOOVVEEE them!!!!!"

Love,
/Hanna

Old 12-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
So, I'll say something to you Chris_Sydney:

"I think you are a really, REALLY great photographer and these photos ARE SOME OF THE BEST STEVIE CONCERT PHOTOS TAKEN IN YEARS...So, with that being said, I want to thank you for showing us your shoots...I LOOOOVVEEE them!!!!!"

Love,
/Hanna
I whole heartedly second that!! they are stunning...I gasped when I first saw them!! Beautiful job!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
That fur thing doesn't look like anything more than something wrapped and tied around her neck... Here's a photo:

It's odd to say the least...along the same vien as those arm coverings/gloves she's been preoccupied with on this tour.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
I found these on youtube this morning. Just a short snippet of Stevie and Lindsey walking out before SS and then about a minute of SS, but you can see the white fur thing that we heard Stevie was wearing. Even looks like Lindsey says something to her about it in the first video.
Oh, that's really cute the way he keeps pointing at her while talking. Either he liked her fur collar or her necklace. Michele
Old 12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post

WTF is that... it's not really a shawl and it's not a scarf
it's like a velcro collar
actually it looks like my cat's tail...

i love John's expression in that pic
and Stevie does look cute tho
Old 12-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the Monday night show at acer arena, it was my first time seeing the Mac as well as my first true concert,

It was probably one of the best night of my life, since then i've been pretty bummed out that i couldn't go see them again and again and again etc etc

I dragged my mum along with me because nobody else in my family can deal with my crazy obsession and there was no way i could convince my girlfriend to come with me.

The show was totally amazing, my mum and i where dancing for the best part of the set, i noticed alot of other people around us where really boring and just sat there, the guy next to me in particular had his arms crossed the whole time except to give the occasional half hearted clap.

There was a mix issue as many other people have said, either Lindsey was purposely singing louder than Stevie, or her mic volume needed a serious turn up, but it was still awesome.

We where seated in the 35th row which wasn't really that great but where the best tickets at the time that i was able to get, We still snuck up as close to the stage as we could during the encores.

Gold Dust Woman by far was one of stevie's best of the night, i loved how when she wailed "black widow" towards the end she streaked her red nails down her face, it gave me chills it was so eery, i wish i had gotten a photo of that.

After all the encores where finished, i was screaming my head off trying to draw some attention to my self, i was the tallest person for about a five metre radius being six foot 2 and i yelled out to stevie while i was waving, she looked right back at me and waved and although she may have been waving at everyone, i seriously claim that wave as my own and no-one can tell me any different.

I really hope that there is another album in the works, even if it's just an EP or something.

Sorry this is so long i just had to get it out.

To not see Fleetwood Mac on this tour is to any fan a high injustice.

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~