Addicted Ledgie

Default PG third comeback

Hello from Italy.

Greeny's third comeback coming up soon: let's hope he will be happy with this
new band and on good form.....

Martin and Mario.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh let us all hope so!! It would be great to have Peter back in action and hopefully do a US tour that brings him through the San Francisco area.

I had the pleasure of seeing him with the "Splinter Group" a few years ago when they played San Francisco and it was fantastic. Carlos Santana joined the group after a short intermission and they brought the house down!!! It was outstanding!!!

Please keep us posted.

Ciao from San Jose, California, USA
Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Go west, great man!

If Peter Green makes any stops in the Northeast corridor of the U.S., I will be there.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Ledgie

Any more tourdates? What else is happening? A new record maybe? You always appear to be well informed Mario!

There is no place I know of for official info, so I guess this is the best place for any news!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Take it easy, I'd say. Let's see what happens before crying out for tour dates.
This looks like a low-key affair to begin with.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Yes, it is just like that, only 5 gigs just to see what happens.......

then we will see, let's hope and pray......

Mario.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just pretend you're with friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
You are so right, dino - and also you Mario.

I really really wish PG all the best now that he is taking the BIG step of playing in public, which is another thing all together from playing with friends. The danger of business hassles, stress and audience "cannibalism" (don't take this expression too litterally!) is very much a part of the picture. I am sure (I hope) the people he is with don't underestimate this.

In the november 2008 issue of MOJO he said: "I am a bit worried about going on stage. I always feel inadequate then......Should know more about my instrument, I should know more....I don't want any disasters. I don't want to make mistakes unless I can stop and laugh about it."
I can't help wonder what makes him do it at all?..... He is probably ambivalent about it. He wants to do it and don't want to do it at the same time.

Anyway we are all happy he bothers at all.

Ms Moose
Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
You are so right, dino - and also you Mario.

I really really wish PG all the best now that he is taking the BIG step of playing in public, which is another thing all together from playing with friends. The danger of business hassles, stress and audience "cannibalism" (don't take this expression too litterally!) is very much a part of the picture. I am sure (I hope) the people he is with don't underestimate this.

In the november 2008 issue of MOJO he said: "I am a bit worried about going on stage. I always feel inadequate then......Should know more about my instrument, I should know more....I don't want any disasters. I don't want to make mistakes unless I can stop and laugh about it."
I can't help wonder what makes him do it at all?..... He is probably ambivalent about it. He wants to do it and don't want to do it at the same time.

Anyway we are all happy he bothers at all.

Ms Moose
mm - well put! pete also said something in that article about his playing getting better and that by the time he was 200 he'd be really good. it was very funny and so very peter green.

i know its hard not to have expectations. hell when in the skies came out i was dissappointed. now its my favorite of all his records fm included. obviously i had no idea what i was thinking at that time.

peter's in much better health these days than for the 1st comeback. and i believe from what mario has told us and we've read that he is well looked after by people who care. so to be fair to peter we should have no expectations. he's playing because he wants to. got to presume he knows what he wants to do and what he's doing better than we do. zero
Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Only a few days now......
I really hope somebody record this!

One article said it would be a mix of Mac numbers and blues classics...
I bet they'll play Albatross and the new (original?) arrangement of Need Your Love So Bad from the recent video. And also Blues Don't Change and The Thrill Is Gone.
Probably Black Magic Woman too.
I read somewhere that Peter performed Leaving Town Blues with the British Blues All Star Band at the Orkney gig, ca 2005. But I never got it confirmed.. That would have been something.
And how about Oh Well PART 2??

Haha I'm sorry for this BS .... I'm just too excited!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default leaving town blues

leaving town blues is right up there with my favorites of Peter

especially the version with Nick Pucket

so sad and beautiful

Peter at his best and he does not even play a solo

"if it sounds good , it is good"

doodtyead
Old 02-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Only a few days now......
I really hope somebody record this!

One article said it would be a mix of Mac numbers and blues classics...
I bet they'll play Albatross and the new (original?) arrangement of Need Your Love So Bad from the recent video. And also Blues Don't Change and The Thrill Is Gone.
Probably Black Magic Woman too.
I read somewhere that Peter performed Leaving Town Blues with the British Blues All Star Band at the Orkney gig, ca 2005. But I never got it confirmed.. That would have been something.
And how about Oh Well PART 2??

Haha I'm sorry for this BS .... I'm just too excited!!!
Ok, I can understand people/fans getting excited, but please do not have too big expectations, don't forget that:

1- Peter is .......Peter!

2-He left the SG back in December 2003, so more than 5 years far from the stage is a great deal of time.....

Cross your fingers!!

Mario.

ps: having said that the "Spirit Of '66" gig is already sold out, so fans expectation even this time are big, after all Peter Green is Peter Green!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

'This looks like a low-key affair to begin with.'

I'd guess Peter might prefer it to be a low-key affair to end with too?! If it wasn't low-key I doubt he'd be interested in doing anything like this at all.

As for expectations, for me it doesn't matter what 'style' he plays in, or even what songs he plays, just the fact he's playing again and enjoying himself is fantastic enough!

Besides is there even such a thing as a bad (or even average) PG style?!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink The Come Back Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Ok, I can understand people/fans getting excited, but please do not have too big expectations, don't forget that:

1- Peter is .......Peter!

2-He left the SG back in December 2003, so more than 5 years far from the stage is a great deal of time.....

Cross your fingers!!

Mario.

ps: having said that the "Spirit Of '66" gig is already sold out, so fans expectation even this time are big, after all Peter Green is Peter Green!!!!

Hello Mario - have you had a chance to listen to/see/participate in "The Third Comeback" yourself ???

How do you feel about it all?

Has your good friend Martin had any comments that you would like to share with us?

Ms Moose
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Hello Mario - have you had a chance to listen to/see/participate in "The Third Comeback" yourself ???

How do you feel about it all?

Has your good friend Martin had any comments that you would like to share with us?

Ms Moose
Well, firstly thanks to everybody at the Ledge for sharing infos and reviews, all of you are doing a great job to keep Peter's legacy alive.

Then, I listened to the Paradiso gig and even though there's is room to improvement, I like this new jazzy/relaxed musical direction. I think we can breathe almost a kind of "unplugged and seated" atmophere which I truly believe is okay for the 63 years old Peter.

It's great to see that Peter has now a more central position to the show and all in all that he seems to be at easy and happy with this new band.

Personality-wise Mike Dodds is cleary a better onstage partner then NW ever was.

He isn't a great singer, but I like most of the background vocals he and the rest of the band sing.

Overall, a good start, so let's hope that this Greeny's adventure, his third comeback will be a new beginning with a least a happy ending!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Ledgie

He hasn't been entirely off stage since the PGSG finished. Remember he did some gigs with the British Blues All-Stars before Dick Heckstall-Smith passed away, and I believe he did join a few other bands on stage circa 2005 possibly into 2006...but this is the first regular band for a while for sure.

What I am anjoying is that Peter really seems relaxed and enjoying himself.