Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb James Bond in Peacekeeper

Kind of a random thought, but I was listening to this song's lyrics and thinking about its style and it occured to me that this would be an excellent song for a James Bond movie. What do you think? Would that be so cool!?

John
Old 01-19-2003, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

lol - Interesting (if not sacreligious!) thought! But you'd need to vamp up the strings something chronic.
Meanwhile if Lindsey wants to do a film clip with dancing naked silhouettes, Bond or no Bond, I'm all for it!
Old 01-19-2003, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

QUOTE: if Lindsey wants to do a film clip with dancing naked silhouettes, Bond or no Bond, I'm all for it!
-------------------

I wouldn'nt put it past him. Remember he wrote Lola. I wonder what the conversation he had with Stevie about that one went.

As for sacreligious, he could do a lot worse than one one of the most successful film series ever. Up to now he's only been related to somewhat second-rate movies:

Vacation: 90 mins of fluff. Christmas Vacation was waaaay better, but Lindsey's song wasn't in the film.

Back to the Future: OK, good movie, but I can't remember his song in the movie anywhere. And why on earth did Huey Lewis and the News get so much attention when they could've had LB?!?

With Honors: I liked this movie, but it was never a contender for the AFI 100 Years 100 Films. I also liked their use of LB's song.

Twister: Good action movie, but not as memorable as most of Spielberg's other films. Besides, Twisted was really Stevie's baby.

I'd say the best movie that an LB song has been associated with was Forrest Gump, and he didn't write that song for the film. Some compiler thought it would sound good in it.

Of course, that's only my opinion, I could be wrong.

John
Old 01-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't really hear Peackeeper as a James Bond soundtrack....it's missing too many of the signature musical traits of the past soundtracks. However, the name would make a very good title for a James Bond film!!

Old 01-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwys_soapbox

Vacation: 90 mins of fluff. Christmas Vacation was waaaay better, but Lindsey's song wasn't in the film.
ARe you serious?! THey killed the cat in that! And there's no Anthony Michael Hall! And the whole "road trip" bit is what made that first film! I love it to death!

Ah, well, no accounting for taste.

Coincidentally, I just bought the Back to the Future DVDs (another one of my favorite movies!) and Marty's alarm clock plays "Time Bomb Town" when he wakes up to go to the mall to meet Doc. I'd never realized it before either.

But I gotta say...The Power of Love deserved its accolades. That song is great!

Old 01-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I can't really hear Peackeeper as a James Bond soundtrack....
Neither do I, although it could be quite interseting.