The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John drove a Volkswagen Bug / Beetle when they came back on the market in the 1990's he bought the first year of the second generation bug.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
John drove a Volkswagen Bug / Beetle when they came back on the market in the 1990's he bought the first year of the second generation bug.
So the 1997 onwards model? Was this at the time of The Dance?
Old 08-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1998 Silver VW

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-19786436.html

AP Online
03-29-1998
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Beetle mania is sweeping Hollywood, where flashy luxury cars and sport utility vehicles have been the preferred mode of transportation.

Singer Lyle Lovett, actor Larry Hagman and Fleetwood Mac's John McVie couldn't wait to be the first celebrities with the new helmet-shaped $15,000 Volkswagen Bug in their driveway.

``I've never had a Beetle before. But I saw this car and I really wanted it. It's so cute,'' Hagman said before driving off the lot in Ventura last week in his 1998 silver Bug.

``It's a little lower profile, which is what I want,'' Hagman said.

In Thousand Oaks, McVie picked up his new silver Volkswagen, while Lovett was the first person to rent a new Beetle on Friday at Beverly Hills Budget Rent A Car, where stars usually rent Mercedes-Benz M-Class sport utility vehicles, Corvette convertibles, BMW Z3s, Jaguar XK8s or Porsche Boxsters. …
Old 08-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John is driving the Jeep in the Kiln House-era footage (the Station Man film with the fireworks). He parks it up next to Lettuce Leaf. I guess that Jeep was John's car at that time.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
So the 1997 onwards model? Was this at the time of The Dance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-19786436.html

AP Online
03-29-1998
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Beetle mania is sweeping Hollywood, where flashy luxury cars and sport utility vehicles have been the preferred mode of transportation.

Singer Lyle Lovett, actor Larry Hagman and Fleetwood Mac's John McVie couldn't wait to be the first celebrities with the new helmet-shaped $15,000 Volkswagen Bug in their driveway.

``I've never had a Beetle before. But I saw this car and I really wanted it. It's so cute,'' Hagman said before driving off the lot in Ventura last week in his 1998 silver Bug.

``It's a little lower profile, which is what I want,'' Hagman said.

In Thousand Oaks, McVie picked up his new silver Volkswagen, while Lovett was the first person to rent a new Beetle on Friday at Beverly Hills Budget Rent A Car, where stars usually rent Mercedes-Benz M-Class sport utility vehicles, Corvette convertibles, BMW Z3s, Jaguar XK8s or Porsche Boxsters. …
I like the original Beatle better but the new one looks ok.I can picture Mick with his 6 plus feet trying to get into one of those.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I can picture Mick with his 6 plus feet trying to get into one of those.

When Mick got in his new Bug for a test drive with the salesman this probably happened...
Old 08-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I remember an article back during that time where Mick was talking about buying 2 of those New Beetles- 1 for him, 1 for Lynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Take that info with a huge chunk salt. That site (or similar site) said that Robert Pollard was worth $20 million, but he's not worth a fraction of that.
$50 Million definitely seems aggressive for John. However, he is far and away the most frugal member of the band. He dresses simply, doesn't live in multimillion dollar homes, and seemingly the only expensive hobby he has are his boats. Even those seem extremely modest by rock star standards. He's a known conservative, too... I bet he's been smarter than the rest of the band about investing wisely from the beginning.

Yes, Mick was the manager for the band during it's heyday. However, Mick blew that money 30 years ago. Still, I have my doubts John is worth more than Lindsey. That's simply because Lindsey gets so much larger of a cut of touring revenue than John does. Despite Lindsey's lavish lifestyle, he still has to be coming out ahead of John.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

When Mick got in his new Bug for a test drive with the salesman this probably happened...
Hahahaha.Yea He had to fold his body up and get in like Bubba did.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John shopping at Volvo Honolulu

'Another Happy Volvo Honolulu Customer - Legendary John McVie (Fleetwood Mac)'

(On my phone and can't reduce the screenshot size so that it loads).

http://fb.me/2yVwdxsGI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1463077598207.jpg (56.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1463077591431.jpg (53.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, a Volvo is hardly the car for a rock star. I remember John had a black Aston Martin DB7 Volante in the Destiny Rules documentary. It's not like he can't afford one anymore! I'm sure he has a few cars, like Mick.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't John buy a house recently for Molly? I wonder whether he's buying her a car. If you have some cash you treat yourself to sports cars. For your closest family you buy a safe, reliable...Volvo!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Didn't John buy a house recently for Molly? I wonder whether he's buying her a car. If you have some cash you treat yourself to sports cars. For your closest family you buy a safe, reliable...Volvo!
Indeed. I'm going to assume that the Volvo is for the wife or daughter and that J still drives rock star cool, at least in Cali. And yes, he bought a Cali house for Molly / all of them and was interviewed there for something (I forget which article but J referred to his wife & daughter in another room).

Last edited by jenniferuk; 05-12-2016 at 02:10 PM..
Old 05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
There was an article in the last couple of years with Mick where he was tearing around Maui in some sort of very high end tuner BMW 7 series.

In Ken's book Lindsey drove a BMW 3 series during the Rumours era. Ken himself drove an Audi at that time.

During the Tango era, Christine owned a Jaguar... which Lindsey choked her on the hood of.

According to Carol Ann Harris book, Lindsey had a Porsche 911 convertible during that same time... or was it rented to try to woo her back?
I just finished her book! Rented to woo her back. I love Porsches are much as the next man... but that's the best he could do to woo her back!?
Old 05-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

doesn't John drive up to the Bellagio house in a Porsche in the DR doc? (where they ask him how fast does it go? and he says "55" LOL)
Old 05-13-2016, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
doesn't John drive up to the Bellagio house in a Porsche in the DR doc? (where they ask him how fast does it go? and he says "55" LOL)
That's an Aston Martin DB7 Volante.