The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This song totally own a huge debt to the MAC -- especially the "Hold Me"-esque end of the bridge. The choruses are SO VERY Christine/MAC as well.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Nate Ruess (from Fun) talks about his all-time favourite album, Tusk.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Ledgie

Default Fleetwood's influence on Paramore

This song has "As long as you follow" all over it to me....and they listened to a lot of FM songs while making this album. The lead singer of this group and the guitarist were together and then broke up and the band splintered. For 16 and 17 years old kids their album "Brand New Eye's" was compared constantly to Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" of today. She is an awesome song writer. So much of the story is a like. The second song is about mourning the break-up of the band, their life and moving on ...with a surprise for you in the middle .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_0Hri6GWc
Old 06-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Ledgie

Default In the mourning........landslide

https://youtu.be/fYVpArcH47Y
Old 06-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOWER DENS Escape From Evil

Santa Fe New Mexican by Robert Ker

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/pas...a4a0c83ed.html

[excerpt from review]

This band began as a shoegaze outfit; as she toyed with the format’s possibilities, the music got more experimental. On Escape From Evil, Hunter steers the band in more poppy directions. Like many artists these days, she turns to the 1980s for inspiration. This album is further proof that Fleetwood Mac’s Tango in the Night, with its slippery guitar licks, neon keyboards, and chugging midtempo, remains the most influential album in 2010s indie-pop, but the touchstones don’t end with that album.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Drenge talks about their new album]

NME

http://www.nme.com/news/swim-deep/86416

Williams has also revealed the ambitions he and his bandmates had for the album. "We wanted to radicalise chart music," he said. "So we've taken [Kanye West's] 'Yeezus' and [Fleetwood Mac album] 'Rumours' and put them together with acid house."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/swim-deep/86...V1SfDrSvWZe.99
Old 06-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Tame Impala reviewed by NME]

'The Less I Know The Better'

You can't half tell Parker is a newborn Fleetwood Mac fan on the (almost but not quite) funky 'The Less I Know The Better'. While the punchy drums and coarse base guitar sound are a tad too Detroit-tough for the Mac's tastes, the sugary atmospherics and glassy chimes that grace another show-stopping chorus come off like a soft-focus homage to 'Rumours'' famously super-treble-y, cocaine-informed production.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/t...UVSfHqAQiU0.99
Old 06-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Registered

Don't know if this is here yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echosmith

The group grew up in a musical household playing multiple instruments throughout their childhood. The band says that a range of rock artists including Coldplay, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Smiths, U2, Joy Division, and Fleetwood Mac influenced them while growing up and encouraged them to make music together. Echosmith’s youngest member, Graham (16), plays drums. The only female member of the group, Sydney (18), is the lead vocalist for the band, often contributing on tambourine and keyboard. Noah (19) plays bass and sings back-up vocals for the band. The oldest member, Jamie (22), sings and plays guitar.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac's 'The Chain' Inspired Singer-Songwriter Brandi Carlile's New Album
Concert Preview

Singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile got a lucky break about ten years ago when Dave Matthews heard her singing on a side stage at the Gorge, the outdoor amphitheater located just outside of Seattle. Matthews hooked her up with his booking agent, and Carilile has been busy ever since. Her latest album, The Firewatcher’s Daughter, is another solid effort. It opens with the lilting “Wherever Is Your Heart” and shows off Carlile’s passionate voice as she belts out songs about insecurities (“The Things I Regret”) and feeling weak (“Blood Muscle Skin & Bone”). It’s a highly personal album that was influenced by the fact that Carlile was about to become a mother for the first time as she was writing the songs. She phoned from her Maple Valley, Wash. home to talk about the album and her found memories of playing to a rowdy crowd at House of Blues back in 2012.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...inspiration-in

You were listening to Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain” prior to recording. What made you gravitate to that song?
I always really liked Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks in particular. I have a penchant for their drama. I live in a band that is also my family. Things can get really strange and I love that about bands. I met [Fleetwood Mac’s] Lindsey Buckingham backstage at a Dave Matthews concert and he was so cool and so inspired. I went back to the dressing room and put my headphones on and started listening to “The Chain.” I realized, “We need to cover this song and it represents our band in a way that I can’t really explain.” It was fertile ground for something that happened on The Firewatcher’s Daughter.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Louisa Rose Allen talks about her influences]

Foxes: the 10 albums that blew my mind

By Danny Turner (Future Music), Tech  Music Radar

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/...my-mind-634392

Foxes songwriter Louisa Rose Allen on the artists and albums that changed her life

“I can’t say I knew loads about Fleetwood Mac growing up, but I remember when I was about 15 my friend showed me this video of Stevie Nicks doing this performance, I think it was of the track Sara, and she just starts crying.

“I remember feeling as though I almost shouldn’t be watching it. It was beautiful but sad, and that made me turn to Fleetwood Mac’s back catalogue and I really got into the album Rumours and the story behind all of it.

“The band were all dating each other and the relationships were getting entwined, so they were all singing about each other – it was mad! There was actually a film made about Rumours, which was really interesting.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heather LaRose – The Girl Behind “New Moon”

Heather LaRose is a girl from Westchester, NY. After pursuing music at SUNY Purchase, Heather ended up meeting her band members who were all Berklee College of Music students and/or graduates. From here, she continued to pursue her music career with full force. With a Pop/Rock vibe, Heather has been writing songs since she was a little girl and with hard work comes great rewards. One of Heather’s most recent singles, “New Moon” is set to be played on MTV’s show Teen Wolf and she couldn’t be more excited about it.

http://vergecampus.com/2016/02/heath...hind-new-moon/

How would you describe your sound and who are some of your influences?

Heather LaRose: I’d say my sound is upbeat indie-pop with a meld of acoustic and synth. My inspiration for my first album was the Beach-Boys “Pet Sounds”. I got a lot of lyrical content and inspiration from that record. I love the harmonies and arrangements that they put into that album. A classic inspiration of mine would be Fleetwood Mac which I think comes across in my song “New Moon.”
Old 07-13-2016, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Quietus by Luke Cartledge , July 12th, 2016 08:33

http://thequietus.com/articles/20565...fohr-interview

{excerpt from an interview with Haley Fohr]

It's a fascinating album. The track that stands out to me is the last song, 'Jackie'. Can you describe the significance of it sounding so different to the rest of the album and it being written in the present tense and the third person?

HF: Well, there're no drum machines. It's the same acoustic guitar recorded twice in a row, panned hard right and hard left. Fleetwood Mac did a lot of that on Tusk. But I think it was important to have that song as the last track on the album to show more dynamic presence in Jackie and another facet – self-doubt. She's this brooding, cool-as-a-cucumber badass, very powerful, and has all of this nonchalant kind of self-confidence that I find really empowering. But ultimately, when you're making moves and living life and really doing it, here are moments when you're just lost. That song is her looking back on the years in Chicago and how she got to where she is. It's a heavy trip.