Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Remastered 2015 Tusk CD versus 2004 CD

Greetings. Super into the Tusk Deluxe set now. I also created stereo tracks from the 5.1 disc and have played "Sara" 418 times according to my iTunes. Love the vocal put up front etc.

My question here for those who know audio etc is what are the differences between the Tusk 2015 remastered version and the 2004 version. I have "Sara" from VBFM in my iTunes library at 700+ plays. I assume that's the same "Sara" from the Tusk 2004 remaster. Is the 2015 remaster better? I can't hear much difference but my ears are aging!
Old 02-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad7 View Post

My question here for those who know audio etc is what are the differences between the Tusk 2015 remastered version and the 2004 version. I have "Sara" from VBFM in my iTunes library at 700+ plays. I assume that's the same "Sara" from the Tusk 2004 remaster. Is the 2015 remaster better? I can't hear much difference but my ears are aging!
The remaster version released in 2015 is a million times better than any other live version of SARA.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:09 AM
Junior Ledgie

hi nomad7,

how did you make a stereo version of the 5.1 surround tusk mixes? I am only looking for the stereo version of the 5.1 surround "sara", because that's an alternate version. can you post it on youtube? or send that one to me? thnx.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:04 PM
Ledgie

Default Tusk

Sorry if I asked to many questions but was just getting confused with the Tusk remaster. No problem if no one wants to tackle this but I saw somewhere that the original Tusk cd isn't the complete album but an edited version of the vinyl lp? Is it only the track "Sara" this is shortened on this original cd? Does the 2015 remaster have everything that the 2004 remaster has? I read somewhere that there was track called "Butter Cookie" but I didn't see that title on the remaster unless it's under a different name? Did Fleetwood Mac ever perform Tusk live complete from beginning to end? Is one of the discs a live performance like this? I read that one of the discs is an alternate Tusk. Is every track from the original album represented in an alternate version? Are they just small differences that are hard to notice?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfire View Post
Sorry if I asked to many questions but was just getting confused with the Tusk remaster. No problem if no one wants to tackle this but I saw somewhere that the original Tusk cd isn't the complete album but an edited version of the vinyl lp? Is it only the track "Sara" this is shortened on this original cd? Does the 2015 remaster have everything that the 2004 remaster has? I read somewhere that there was track called "Butter Cookie" but I didn't see that title on the remaster unless it's under a different name? Did Fleetwood Mac ever perform Tusk live complete from beginning to end? Is one of the discs a live performance like this? I read that one of the discs is an alternate Tusk. Is every track from the original album represented in an alternate version? Are they just small differences that are hard to notice?
Ok, I'll take a crack at it. I'm sure someone else can go more in depth in answering your question but here goes. "Sara" is the only shortened track on the original CD. The 2015 remaster does not have everything on the 2004 remaster. Maybe not even most of it. "Father's Daughter" is another key exclusion of the 2015 version. The version of "I Know I'm Not Wrong" that has appeared on all previous CD releases of Tusk is nowhere to be found on the 2015 set. This is a different mix than that on the original LP and it's that original mix that is featured here on the main disc. Even though several outtakes of the song are included none of them are the CD mix. No, they have not played Tusk beginning to end or even all the songs at different times. Some have not been played still. The alternate Tusk is different performances of every song and while the extent of the differences vary they are all noticeable. Some of them are very different.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:23 PM
Ledgie

Ok, thanks Mike. I've never heard the 2004 version so I just wondered about what was unearthed for 2015.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Ok, I'll take a crack at it. I'm sure someone else can go more in depth in answering your question but here goes. "Sara" is the only shortened track on the original CD. The 2015 remaster does not have everything on the 2004 remaster. Maybe not even most of it. "Father's Daughter" is another key exclusion of the 2015 version. The version of "I Know I'm Not Wrong" that has appeared on all previous CD releases of Tusk is nowhere to be found on the 2015 set. This is a different mix than that on the original LP and it's that original mix that is featured here on the main disc. Even though several outtakes of the song are included none of them are the CD mix. No, they have not played Tusk beginning to end or even all the songs at different times. Some have not been played still. The alternate Tusk is different performances of every song and while the extent of the differences vary they are all noticeable. Some of them are very different.
Thanks for that Mike. I'm streaming the original mix of IKINY now and I like it a lot more than the CD version (I never heard Tusk on vinyl, though I heard the other four from that line-up on vinyl first time round).