The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,854
Default

yeah it sounds like they knew each other in high school.

She;s a better singer now... her voice is better now than 20 years ago? Guess it's a matter of perspective........

so now the story is Jimmy walked out and dumped it all on Rick..... other days it's she fired Jimmy-- I think she has said it was due to the Don't Come Around Here No More story......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-28-2017, 02:56 AM
Lisa W Lisa W is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't know, but the impression I got from the interview was that they all knew each other from high school. Didn't Lindsey and Stevie meet in high school? And Rick is a few years younger than Stevie but still could have met her in high school.

Maybe somebody else can confirm.
I recall that Stevie said in a prior interview from years ago that Rick N. was best friends with Robyn's kid brother, so was always around when she spent time with Robyn. This would have been at Arcadia High School in Southern CA before Stevie moved with her family to the Bay Area and met Lindsey.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-28-2017, 05:16 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Thanks, Lisa W. One thing that is throwing me off is Stevie's comment that she, Rick, and Lindsey are the survivors of Robyn and her brother. To me, that implies that Lindsey knew them just as well, although I guess he could have been introduced to them by Stevie later, and still become fairly close to them, too.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Phil's Avatar
Phil Phil is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 828
Default

If Stevie's comments about herself, Rick, Robyn, Robyn's brother and Lindsey are sincere, why does she persist in this never-ending persecution of Lindsey? Why can't she just bury the bloody hatchet? It's obvious she's learned nothing from life - no lessons, sweet nuthin'...
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
why does she persist in this never-ending persecution of Lindsey? Why can't she just bury the bloody hatchet?
Good questions. We have read Mick's book and the book by Carol Ann Harris: "Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac." We only see glimpses of these people. No lawsuits yet.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:12 AM
wheart's Avatar
wheart wheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 2,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yeah it sounds like they knew each other in high school.

She;s a better singer now... her voice is better now than 20 years ago? Guess it's a matter of perspective........

so now the story is Jimmy walked out and dumped it all on Rick..... other days it's she fired Jimmy-- I think she has said it was due to the Don't Come Around Here No More story......
I find Stevie's constant self promotion very unflattering and quite boring.
__________________

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:32 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I find Stevie's constant self promotion very unflattering and quite boring.
I think Ken Caillat agrees with you:

http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...phs-of-rumours


Ken Caillat: Nope. I don’t think so. I did a Christine McVie album in 2003, and I suggested that before Fleetwood Mac ever goes on the next tour maybe they should go into the studio and record a few songs from Christine’s 2005 album. It would be really great because it would be the first Fleetwood Mac/Christine songs in a long time, and it would break through to the radio.

Christine loved the idea. But, who knows? I told that to Mick, but he has no power over anybody. If Stevie thinks that Lindsey thought of something first, she’ll say ‘no,’ and vice versa. They could be doing so well, you know? If they had only listened to me, they could be doing so well. They’re just people. They have ups and downs, and quite honestly, they’re all down now. They could make a lot of people happy if they’d just cut the crap and just be human beings, not anything special.

They’re not friggin’ special, and their crap stinks like everybody else’s, goddamit! They need to just get it through their heads. They need to knock it off and just be real. Nobody gets to put anybody down with power trips. There’s kind of a thing now with abuse, you know? People get drunk and start to manipulate you. It’s a form of abuse. Back then, we were all too young to say, “Hey, knock it off, buddy.” I wish them the best, but I don’t think they’re ever going to do it with their own insecurities and whatever else they’ve got going.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:49 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I think Ken Caillat agrees with you:

http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...phs-of-rumours


Ken Caillat: Nope. I don’t think so. I did a Christine McVie album in 2003, and I suggested that before Fleetwood Mac ever goes on the next tour maybe they should go into the studio and record a few songs from Christine’s 2005 album. It would be really great because it would be the first Fleetwood Mac/Christine songs in a long time, and it would break through to the radio.

Christine loved the idea. But, who knows? I told that to Mick, but he has no power over anybody. If Stevie thinks that Lindsey thought of something first, she’ll say ‘no,’ and vice versa. They could be doing so well, you know? If they had only listened to me, they could be doing so well. They’re just people. They have ups and downs, and quite honestly, they’re all down now. They could make a lot of people happy if they’d just cut the crap and just be human beings, not anything special.

They’re not friggin’ special, and their crap stinks like everybody else’s, goddamit! They need to just get it through their heads. They need to knock it off and just be real. Nobody gets to put anybody down with power trips. There’s kind of a thing now with abuse, you know? People get drunk and start to manipulate you. It’s a form of abuse. Back then, we were all too young to say, “Hey, knock it off, buddy.” I wish them the best, but I don’t think they’re ever going to do it with their own insecurities and whatever else they’ve got going.

^This.

Richard has said the same thing in his original blog-- about the game playing and the being stuck in old feuds and stuff... then he backs off about it. We've all suspected they can be merciless in cutting people out if they decide to.

It's too late for them to change. Mick used the term "co-dependent" and "co-dependent drama" in his Johnny Walker interview a LOT (I just re-listened to it on a flight) and whoever his therapist was that pointed this out to him was spot on. I'm sure they can all be prima donnas in their own ways (they've been famous and spoiled for a loooong time now) but the friction between S&L is pretty brutal, regardless of what gets said in interviews.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,848
Default

^^EXACTLY. Ken speaks of Richard further down:

There was no responsibility for anybody to take care of anybody else, but they are rich and some of the people like Judy Wong … she was found in her apartment after being dead for a week. Judy did everything for Christine McVie and the band, and for her not to be given whatever she needed … she died toothless. I don’t know. I have a lot of weird feelings about this. I look at Neil Young and Paul McCartney. They still use their same engineers, producers, photographers and people that started with them because they know them well. It’s kind of like a big happy family.

I can’t get Fleetwood Mac tickets. I can’t get through to get tickets. It’s just the weirdest thing. They’re all so self centered and egotistical that they don’t think about anyone. Richard Dashut, the sound engineer, is a miserable guy. He was in an auto accident. He told me that he gave everything away … Grammys, gold records, everything. He said, “You know, for years they cried on my shoulder, and every one of them would talk to me. I was their shrink. Now, Lindsey Buckingham has three kids, and he hasn’t called me once to tell me about them.”
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-28-2017, 11:56 AM
BlueLight BlueLight is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Empire State
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I think Ken Caillat agrees with you:
Well, Ken himself consistently comes across as entitled and self-promoting; really seems like a jerk who consistently tries to rehash decades-old grudges against the band.

Stevie's conversation with LDR was entirely entertaining to me. Yes, she talked about her voice, and her craft, but isn't that the whole point?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-28-2017, 12:11 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

She;s a better singer now... her voice is better now than 20 years ago?
Technically yes it is.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Well, Ken himself consistently comes across as entitled and self-promoting; really seems like a jerk who consistently tries to rehash decades-old grudges against the band.

Stevie's conversation with LDR was entirely entertaining to me. Yes, she talked about her voice, and her craft, but isn't that the whole point?
Yes, you are right, and I liked the LDR conversation very much as well. I haven't totally made up my mind about Ken. I haven't met him. I did read his book, and I appreciated his perspective. I have read a lot of books on the band, and Ken was sort of an outsider, so it was interesting to get his up-close take on the band. The same with Carol Ann Harris. I suppose they all have their axes to grind, but somewhere, looking at all that is written, we probably have a glimpse of what actually goes on within this band. It was also interesting to hear what Ken had to say about Christine McVie--that he worked on her last album, "In The Meantime," and that she was willing to be a part of an interview on the book--but then backed out, after hearing Lindsey might write his own book, and having of fear of "going against the band." There is a lot of craziness that goes on in this band, but they still tend to pull the wagons around in a circle. When you're out, you're really OUT! Bob Welch spoke of this, too.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Technically yes it is.
I agree. When I heard Stevie singing on the Buddy Holly special, I was impressed! She still has the power!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-28-2017, 12:15 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I think Ken Caillat agrees with you:

http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...phs-of-rumours


Ken Caillat: Nope. I don’t think so. I did a Christine McVie album in 2003, and I suggested that before Fleetwood Mac ever goes on the next tour maybe they should go into the studio and record a few songs from Christine’s 2005 album. It would be really great because it would be the first Fleetwood Mac/Christine songs in a long time, and it would break through to the radio.

Christine loved the idea. But, who knows? I told that to Mick, but he has no power over anybody. If Stevie thinks that Lindsey thought of something first, she’ll say ‘no,’ and vice versa. They could be doing so well, you know? If they had only listened to me, they could be doing so well. They’re just people. They have ups and downs, and quite honestly, they’re all down now. They could make a lot of people happy if they’d just cut the crap and just be human beings, not anything special.

They’re not friggin’ special, and their crap stinks like everybody else’s, goddamit! They need to just get it through their heads. They need to knock it off and just be real. Nobody gets to put anybody down with power trips. There’s kind of a thing now with abuse, you know? People get drunk and start to manipulate you. It’s a form of abuse. Back then, we were all too young to say, “Hey, knock it off, buddy.” I wish them the best, but I don’t think they’re ever going to do it with their own insecurities and whatever else they’ve got going.
So he doesn't like the big rock star machine yet he helped to create it? Ya gotta dance with the one that brung ya.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-28-2017, 12:18 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Yes, you are right, and I liked the LDR conversation very much as well. I haven't totally made up my mind about Ken. I haven't met him. I did read his book, and I appreciated his perspective. I have read a lot of books on the band, and Ken was sort of an outsider, so it was interesting to get his up-close take on the band. The same with Carol Ann Harris. I suppose they all have their axes to grind, but somewhere, looking at all that is written, we probably have a glimpse of what actually goes on within this band. It was also interesting to hear what Ken had to say about Christine McVie--that he worked on her last album, "In The Meantime," and that she was willing to be a part of an interview on the book--but then backed out, after hearing Lindsey might write his own book, and having of fear of "going against the band." There is a lot of craziness that goes on in this band, but they still tend to pull the wagons around in a circle. When you're out, you're really OUT! Bob Welch spoke of this, too.
I didn't see Carol or Ken as having an axe to grind so much as people didn't like what they had to say. Shooting the messenger and all that...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Singer Mick Fleetwood Signed Photo 8x10 COA
$99.99
Singer Mick Fleetwood Signed Photo 8x10 COA pictureMick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036
$99.99
Mick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved