The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hello -- I am just becoming active in this forum after about a year of sitting on the sidelines. I have been a huge FM fan since I first heard Rhiannon on the radio in 1976. I first was the band in concert at the LA Forum in December 1979 for the Tusk Tour. I was also present at the Bella Donna concert that was taped for the HBO special, as well as both US Festivals. Being from the Los Angeles area, I have the good fortune of having so many opportunities over the years to have seen FM and its members perform at different venues.

I am primarily a Stevie fan, but have seen Lindsey solo as well and am thrilled that Christine is back. During the 2013 tour I was really missing Christine's presence, so I will be going to multiple shows this fall in LA as well as NY. Looking forward to being more active in this forum.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yay, just got validated! Thanks, mods/admin. Long time intermittent lurker here eagerly awaiting Stevie's new album
Old 09-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenim View Post
Yay, just got validated! Thanks, mods/admin. Long time intermittent lurker here eagerly awaiting Stevie's new album
Welcome aboard!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi, just recently joined...I've become a big fan of the Ledge over the last few years & been enjoying all the great live clips and photos that people share...Some real treasures here to be sure...It's also been a great resource for news about the band...I usually hear about anything that's happening with them on the Ledge first. All that to say, I'm really grateful that this site exists, and to all who keep it humming along!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Ledgie

Hi everybody,
A relativley young fan here, 17 years old.
I got into Fleetwood Mac during the summer - not sure why I decided to listen to them but I'm glad I did!

My favourite album is Rumours (obviously) and least favourite is probably Mirage (Empire State is the musical equivalent of a mid life crisis *shudder*),
although saying that it contains my favourite song of their's, Gypsy. Haven't touched Behind The Mask, Time or any pre-1975 stuff but I'm a bit of music completest, so I'll definitely get around to them sometime.

And naturally enough I've delved into Stevie's stuff - her first three albums are quite something, especially The Wild Heart. Although the metaphorical lyrics are quite hard to get your head around, I suppose it's nice to be able to develop your own interpretation of them.

I've been lurking around reading the forums and I hope I can add my two cents in, even though I'm not half as knowledgeable about the band as you are.
So I'm gonna go look around a bit more!
Sean
Old 11-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I tried to post the below post someplace else on the site, not sure if it made it. Either way, I am re-posting it here.

I am looking for someone in Palm Bay, Florida who would like some Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac stuff. Must pick up.

Hope I am posting this in the right place, if not, I apologize

I am going through boxes of stuff that I would like to get rid of. Mostly SN / FM stuff I have collected over the years. I do not want to sell it just want to have it gone, but don't have the heart to through it in the trash. If anyone lives close to me and can get it, I would really appreciate it.

Hope I get some kind of response so I know I am posting in the right place. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
GoldDustGal
Old 01-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi everybody.
Thanks for accepting me. Hope to make friends here.
Cheers.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy_sunday View Post
Hi everybody.
Cheers.
Hi rainy, and welcome!!
Old 01-09-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy_sunday View Post
Hi everybody.
Cheers.
Awww so cute!

Welcome on the Ledge!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to say a big welcome to all new Ledgies, as some above missed out on a welcome. It's always great to see new members, and your contributions help to keep The Ledge a lively place
Old 01-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Hello

Hello,

I am new here. I have always been a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, but had never joined any internet groups.

I had the very fortunate opportunity to meet Mick in Lahaina at his awesome store Fleetwood's on Front Street in December. He was a very nice, humble, down to earth and have to add......very good looking man. I am almost never speechless as anybody that knows me will agree with, but I pretty much froze when talking to him and even though I probably acted like a crazy person, Mick was very patient and kind.

I bought his autobiography at the store and read that. I learned so much and am so glad I read that book. If you are ever in Maui, the store is really cool and has a variety of Fleetwood Mac and Mick Fleetwood items. The staff there are awesome and very helpful. I wish we could have gone to the restaurant that he owns in Maui, but we were getting ready to catch our flight back to Ohio.

I am so sad for Mick that he has lost his mother and hope he does take the time he needs to grieve her loss.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Hello!

Hello Everyone!
I've been listening to Fleetwood Mac since I was born (parents were big fans) and rediscovered them about 2 years ago when I was talking to some friends. I'm happy you've accepted me and hope to have some fun times here
Old 05-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Welcome Vanessa!
Old 05-29-2015, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I guess I can reintroduce myself. I'm holidayroad. Obviously, I'm a megafan of Lindsey.
I've been an LB fan since 1984 when I was almost 10. I became an LB fan when I first saw the vid for Go Insane. This means I've been an LB fan for 31 years now. I guess that makes me old!
I used to be here at The Ledge a lot. It's been a difficult year and a half, so I haven't been here much.

I am glad to see some of the same people still here and happy to see people with new interest.

I guess it may be cheesy or weird to say so, but if it hadn't been for Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey, I am unsure I would have made it through my teen/early 20s years.
They were always something to depend on, give sound advice, and help make it through. That's why they are still my faves today.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I am glad to see some of the same people still here and happy to see people with new interest.
Welcome back. No one got wished a Happy Birthday the whole time you've been away.