User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Okay I'll be the first and probably only person to post saying he wouldn't mind if it was just Mick, John and Lindsey. If Stevie wants to hold out, let her! She could tour solo and I would go see that just as soon. The guys touring together would allow for some seriously righteous jam opportunities. Of course, it would be nice to have Stevie there, but I would be OKAY with just the guys being on the stage as well.

The word "jam" & "Lindsey" in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Bob Welch? Yeah. Peter Green? Yeah. Rick Vito? Yeah. Lindsey Buckingham? I don't think so.

"Jamming" just doesn't seem to be in Lindsey's musical DNA.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where would Fleetwood Mac play if the line-up was Lindsey, Mick and John? What venues?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Where would Fleetwood Mac play if the line-up was Lindsey, Mick and John? What venues?
Probably places the size of the House Of Blues.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The word "jam" & "Lindsey" in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Bob Welch? Yeah. Peter Green? Yeah. Rick Vito? Yeah. Lindsey Buckingham? I don't think so.

"Jamming" just doesn't seem to be in Lindsey's musical DNA.
I am sure he does in the studio. John wouldnt have hold out those SYW sessions before Stevie flew in if they didn't jam. And I bet that some of the GOS stuff came out of improvisation on basic songideas.

I just wish he'd took that tension onstage. In a Mick john lindsey-setting the risk that that would happen is 200% bigger than if Stevie would be involved. Then he automatically falls back in "control"-mode.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably places the size of the House Of Blues.
No. I would think bigger than that. Radio City?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose if John McVie were to join up with MFBB, they could just call THAT "Fleetwood Mac"... I wouldnt put it past Mick
Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems as though there is a kind of a regrouping effort going on, done by Mick Fleetwood. John McVie's presence is essential in calling the thing FM. So he's in, too. Rick Vito should be in, too, since he's been touring with Mick recently. Christine probably still wouldn't want to tour. A BTM lineup tour without Christine would feel somewhat incomplete, but might they bring in Bekka at the last minute?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
It seems as though there is a kind of a regrouping effort going on, done by Mick Fleetwood. John McVie's presence is essential in calling the thing FM. So he's in, too. Rick Vito should be in, too, since he's been touring with Mick recently. Christine probably still wouldn't want to tour. A BTM lineup tour without Christine would feel somewhat incomplete, but might they bring in Bekka at the last minute?

I bet they can use the FM-name only if LB/SN are in. I haven't heard the band broke up. So I can imagine that you have the wish but the fact John isn't in the MFBB could have something to do with that. A band with those two EQUALS FM, so I think there are bussiness-arrangements with
S & L.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
I've read some things that Sheryl Crow may be touring with them. Now "with" is the operative word...would she be the opening act, or actually playing in the band? I think they're getting her involved so Stevie would be more inclined to agree to do the tour with another female artist in the entourage.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've read some things that Sheryl Crow may be touring with them. Now "with" is the operative word...would she be the opening act, or actually playing in the band? I think they're getting her involved so Stevie would be more inclined to agree to do the tour with another female artist in the entourage.
I'd suspected as much myself. But as SC's just brought out a new album, I'm not sure she'd go straight from that into FM.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
would she be the opening act, or actually playing in the band?
Oh please, that would be too cruel.

Just let her be the opening act and then join them for maybe one song or something. I'd rather that Christine perform from her home via satellite than that Sheryl Crow play with FM for a whole 2 hours.

Michele
Old 03-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's interesting Steve. Where'd you read that? I'd like to check it out.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

The only way I see her benefiting my concert experience is by being the opening act. That way, when Fleetwood Mac comes out, they're just that much more exhilarating because of who they're following. Please! Say It Aint So!

Old 03-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
The only way I see her benefiting my concert experience is by being the opening act. That way, when Fleetwood Mac comes out, they're just that much more exhilarating because of who they're following. Please! Say It Aint So!
FM likes to do a triumverate of the 3 strong songs in a row (which Lindsey also did for the UTS tour). If instead of Tusk, Stand Back and GYOW, we got, Tusk, Stand Back and First Cut is the Deepest, I wouldn't want to live anymore. I'd just quit my job, stop eating and wait for death to overcome me.

Then, there'd be Strong Enough in the encore . . .

Michele
Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Ledgie

IMO i could not care lss if LB tours or not.

I would prefer to see Rick Vito back.

But most of all i would prefer to see a different set list.
By all means play Go you own way etc, but please play things like Oh Well, Man of the world etc
I would also like to see some of the Behind the mask demos played live.

My line up would be MF,JM,RV,CM(highly unlikley)/BB/SN & Bob Welch in it.

In other words a different set list after a couple of concerts etc

Julian