Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down what an a$$hole!!!!!

no-creativity water-treading shameless a$$hole going by the name Mick Fleetwood.

i'm sorry, but how can anyone calling themselves any era FM fan (Peter Green, Bob Welch, Classic 5, post-Rumours - any version and/or members) give money to this guy in concert is way way beyond me. every time he opens his mouth he buries the current FM version deeper and deeper.

this Mick guy apparently doesn't seem to have an ounce of creativity left in him. he recycles Lindsey's words about treading water, importance of remaining creative, or throwing out some music as calling cards before the tour... so nauseating.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mick-fleet...kip=1529090510

Mick Fleetwood on the new Fleetwood Mac: 'It's important to remain creative and not tread water'

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-24-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Dr.Brown
This message has been deleted by Dr.Brown. Reason: Leaving this site due to heavy-handed mod michelej1
Old 06-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"In fact, [after firing Lindsey] they even considered not going forward at one point, but it didn’t take long before they realized they wanted to stick together.

'Well, it was a huddle, really. It was a team huddle of the existing band members to really not panic into anything, other than really following our hearts as to what this meant — which was huge, any which way you look at it,' Fleetwood muses."

------------------

How can he say it was a "team huddle of the existing band members" when it directly contradicts what he said earlier in the CBS interview, about making the decision to fire Lindsey without consulting Christine?

And how can he say that they considering disbanding after firing Lindsey when they fired him in order for the band to tour? That's just asinine! Obviously, if it were down to keeping him or disbanding, they'd just keep him!

Can't even keep track of his own lies...

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-15-2018 at 07:04 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 06:26 PM
Dr.Brown
This message has been deleted by Dr.Brown. Reason: Leaving this site due to heavy-handed mod michelej1
Old 06-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no-creativity water-treading shameless a$$hole going by the name Mick Fleetwood.

i'm sorry, but how can anyone calling themselves any era FM fan (Peter Green, Bob Welch, Classic 5, post-Rumours - any version and/or members) give money to this guy in concert is way way beyond me. every time he opens his mouth he buries the current FM version deeper and deeper.

this Mick guy apparently doesn't seem to have an ounce of creativity left in him. he recycles Lindsey's words about treading water, importance of remaining creative, or throwing out some music as calling cards before the tour... so nauseating.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mick-fleet...kip=1529090510

Mick Fleetwood on the new Fleetwood Mac: 'It's important to remain creative and not tread water'

That's what he should have told Stevie before he fired HER a few years ago.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I can say is, I am pleased to not have given that shyster a penny of my money since purchasing the Tango in the Night album. Very, very pleased!

Old 06-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
All I can say is, I am pleased to not have given that shyster a penny of my money since purchasing the Tango in the Night album. Very, very pleased!

It's beyond a head scratcher. Firing is a "Dirty word" but much kudos and respect now and into the future.......What does that even mean? No bueno.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Don't all his meandering cliches make you want to play Mad Libs?

“Well, it was a _______, really. It was huge, any which way you look at it"

"We took the ______ by the ______. It was really as simple as that. But it certainly took a real, meaningful breath."

"All of us, probably in our various ways, came to that decision that we want to, we need to, _______."

Meanwhile, I think I detect a hint of actual meaning behind his rambling.

Nancy points out that the logic doesn't fit because "how can he say that they considering disbanding after firing Lindsey when they fired him in order for the band to tour?"

My theory for translating what he's saying is that there were at least two main factions (an anti-LB side spearheaded by Stevie and (in response to that) a pro-LB side solely or primarily constituted by Christine) and that all of Mick's musings about "taking a real, meaningful breath," "galvanizing," "needing to feel good about it" are references to the reservations on the side of the pro-LB faction, and the efforts by the anti-LB side to convince them. But whenever Mick speaks, he only permits himself to talk of the LB-less band as if it's a five-legged octopus missing one tentacle and has only one collective brain controlling its decisions, which results in this conflated nonsense.

So I think that what he is saying is probably an accurate description of what happened per se, once you translate it to two account for the existence of the two factions, and read between the lines accordingly.

But yes, as a statement of record, it ends up sounding contradictory in the way it's currently phrased.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Don't all his meandering cliches make you want to play Mad Libs?

“Well, it was a _______, really. It was huge, any which way you look at it"

"We took the ______ by the ______. It was really as simple as that. But it certainly took a real, meaningful breath."

"All of us, probably in our various ways, came to that decision that we want to, we need to, _______."

Meanwhile, I think I detect a hint of actual meaning behind his rambling.

Nancy points out that the logic doesn't fit because "how can he say that they considering disbanding after firing Lindsey when they fired him in order for the band to tour?"

My theory for translating what he's saying is that there were at least two main factions (an anti-LB side spearheaded by Stevie and (in response to that) a pro-LB side solely or primarily constituted by Christine) and that all of Mick's musings about "taking a real, meaningful breath," "galvanizing," "needing to feel good about it" are references to the reservations on the side of the pro-LB faction, and the efforts by the anti-LB side to convince them. But whenever Mick speaks, he only permits himself to talk of the LB-less band as if it's a five-legged octopus missing one tentacle and has only one collective brain controlling its decisions, which results in this conflated nonsense.

So I think that what he is saying is probably an accurate description of what happened per se, once you translate it to two account for the existence of the two factions, and read between the lines accordingly.

But yes, as a statement of record, it ends up sounding contradictory in the way it's currently phrased.
OMG---Fleetwood MAC libs could be so fun! Great idea.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Dr.Brown
Old 06-16-2018, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mhhhokay, Mick is running in circles.

Nice tribute to Lindseys outstanding work as a wordsmith over the years.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no-creativity water-treading shameless a$$hole going by the name Mick Fleetwood...
Poor Mick. I think that pin in the voodoo doll finally
caught up with him.

Note to self, don't befriend Mick Fleetwood

p.s.
That article finally addressed why Stevie hates Germany.
I never would have guessed the reason...
Old 06-16-2018, 05:33 AM
Ledgie

Agree!
Said it before: why is he using the prospect of Neil/Mike solo material in the set to promote a FLEETWOOD MAC tour?
Pathetic and sad...….at least we have great tours to look back on.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
It's beyond a head scratcher. Firing is a "Dirty word" but much kudos and respect now and into the future.......What does that even mean?
It means that if Stevie, heaven forbid, drops dead tomorrow from too much dancing around her apartment, Lindsey will be Mick's new and oldest BFF who he could not possibly have ever magined touring without.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the sound of the article, it's almost like Mick is trying to say Lindsey quit them and left the Mac not knowing what to do. You fired Lindsey Mick, your decision. And moving forward and not treading water? Stevie is the one not doing that with only wanting to do a hits tour every 3 years. Lindsey wanted new material. I am starting to lose it with these people. I really wish Lindsey would do an interview and tell us what happened. None of this makes sense.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
From the sound of the article, it's almost like Mick is trying to say Lindsey quit them and left the Mac not knowing what to do. You fired Lindsey Mick, your decision. And moving forward and not treading water? Stevie is the one not doing that with only wanting to do a hits tour every 3 years. Lindsey wanted new material. I am starting to lose it with these people. I really wish Lindsey would do an interview and tell us what happened. None of this makes sense.
Yes, acting as if they had no idea who they should call to replace him, and all four of them as a team thought about it hard...and then they came up with Mike Campbell! I bet all that might have been inspired by the TMZ question about Stevie getting Lindsey fired with the explicit purpose of replacing him with Mike.

Nevermind the fact that they had Mike Campbell on the phone to replace Lindsey so quickly that it's possible he might have known about the firing before Lindsey and Christine did!

What was it - 6 days after MusiCares? And Christine and Lindsey left the day after thinking he was still in the band, so they have to wait until Christine goes, so assuming Christine left the very same day and they decided the very next day...

They called Mike at most 4 days after they fired Lindsey.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-16-2018 at 11:49 AM..
Old 06-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd bet anything that $tevie had already "what if?'d" Mike, and knew he'd be on board.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd bet anything that $tevie had already "what if?'d" Mike, and knew he'd be on board.
Of course they had it planned before they ousted him. $tevie played this perfectly.