User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Sixth month review for SYW

Well, the Ledge was down on the actual sixth month anniversary of SYW, so I'm doing this today.

Do you like it as much as you did day one, or less? We all know that some songs have grown on us and others have grated on our nerves. LOL So, tell us, what are your thoughts and feelings regarding SYW.

I have to say, first of all, that I use to listen to it like 5-6 times or more a day when it first came out, and I'm now down to maybe 5-6 times a week, but my love for the album has not diminished at all. I love it more now than I did on day one, but I didn't hate it then either.

The song that I never liked to begin with and still don't care for is Silver Girl, but I think most of us feel that way towards the song. I do like it more than I did at the beginning, but not a ton. Those lyrics...*shudder*.

The title track was cute at first and very catchy, but these days, ugh. I do like the radio edit better than the album cut tho. It is STILL too repetitive. She should have written a third verse or SOMETHING to cut down on that.

I wasn't crazy about WTWCT at first, but it's grown on me, I love the "ahhh"'s at the end. It's not my fave song, but it's cool with me.

When I first heard SAY, I went at how different it was from the demo, but I LOVED it at that first listen!!

I was a lil disappointed with Peacekeeper, Miranda and Say Goodbye as they sounded different than the ACLU and GOS versions respectively.

BUT, the fact that Red Rover, Murrow and Come were basically the same...WOOHOO!!!!!

RTTG was cool because I love the 80's sound and I love the demo!!

Thrown Down is alright, I prefer the WOS version and it's more "beefy", but I like this one too. ANY version is better than the demo. Ugh!! LOL

Illume was also very cool, I like it alot and was glad it wasn't a weepy September 11th song.

SYHA and BTLH I could do with or without in terms of being on the album because one was on The Dance and the other was on that Best Buy sampler thing, but nevertheless, they both rock!!

Goodbye Baby, I wasn't nuts about and still am not, but it's a sweet song anyways.

Destiny Rules and EFO are two of my fave songs on the album, they both ROCK!!