Gold Dust Woman 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2023, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
ooooooo ahhhhhh ooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Right back to you, jbrownsjr!

Oh, I see- you were quoting Lindsey’s solo hit Big Love!

What would it take to get you to switch your allegiance from Stevie to Belinda?
Old 09-06-2023, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In fairness, Prove Your Love and Come a Little Bit Closer sound just as dated.
I have a vague recollection of a Jim Ladd Innerview with Chris in . . . 1982? where she told him she wanted to rerecord “Prove Your Love” with Fleetwood Mac again and have Lindsey help.

Mirage was already done by then, but I would have supported a new and improved “Prove Your Love” instead of — “Oh Diane” maybe?

Speaking of the Innerviews, is there an easy way to hear the 1980 Innerview with Lindsey and Mick, the 1981 Innerview with Lindsey, and the 1982 Innerview with Chris and John and again with Stevie and Mick? I can barely remember any of them — except that Jim said the band really cooked on “Oh Well” on the live album, and Lindsey chuckled and said, “Yeah, well, we do cook from time to time onstage.”

Jim Ladd did a segment on the deluxe release of the live album with all those extra cuts last year on his satellite program. He adored it! He’s been waving the Fleetwood Mac banner for fifty years, bless his hippie heart.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-08-2023, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Interesting about the possible redo of Prove Your Love! I adore all of the Chris songs on HAHTF; this one was less immediately appealing to me than the title track and Come a Little Bit Closer, but I now turn to it probably more than any of the others.

She really had mastered her craft with this album, just in time for the commercial appeal (both in terms of music and optics) that Lindsey and Stevie were about to bring to the band.

Back to the topic of this thread, I voted for IDWTK. It is not my favorite of the remaining songs by a long shot but it is fun and catchy and it showcases both Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
^ Interesting about the possible redo of Prove Your Love! I adore all of the Chris songs on HAHTF; this one was less immediately appealing to me than the title track and Come a Little Bit Closer, but I now turn to it probably more than any of the others.

She really had mastered her craft with this album, just in time for the commercial appeal (both in terms of music and optics) that Lindsey and Stevie were about to bring to the band.

Back to the topic of this thread, I voted for IDWTK. It is not my favorite of the remaining songs by a long shot but it is fun and catchy and it showcases both Stevie and Lindsey.
YES! Her songs were so spectacular on that album. She was perfecting her craft. She had "it" and the world was soon going to find out.
Mystery To Me I think is a better album than Heroes but there are some days that I could go the other way and its all because of Chris's songs.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Now this makes the poll a hard one. As a fan I would choose NGBA or The Chain, but as a record executive, looking for a radio friendly, or most of all, a sales hit, a top ten, probably I'd choose Second Hand News or I don't wanna know.

I chose IDWK.
When I voted, SHN was far winning, now my chose dethroned it! Let's see what happens in the long run.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
YES! Her songs were so spectacular on that album. She was perfecting her craft. She had "it" and the world was soon going to find out.
Mystery To Me I think is a better album than Heroes but there are some days that I could go the other way and its all because of Chris's songs.
The way I feel has the air of Songbird in embryo. Why is one of her top five songs ever. HAHTF is so dominated by Bob that she almost turns into him on Bad Loser which is kind of apt as it reminds me of Keep on Going, which Bob wrote, and Christine sang on MTM.

But the musical progression of the band from MTM to HAHTF to FM75 is clear- try playing She's changing me and Say you love me back-to-back.