Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Good editing job on your part.
Again, much appreciated.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you have a problem with him?

Just because he's a mod, doesn't mean that he's not a fan(WHY would anyone mod who's not a fan), and doesn't have an opinion. He's allowed that. So settle TF down.
Awww, thanks Homer. You put a smile on my face. I'm very much a fan. But, I've got thick skin. Until our admin. tells me to cool it, (and she has once or twice) I'm going to voice my opinion. If I wasn't a fan, I might just go along with everything mgmt. does. LIke my brother does with the Cleveland Browns. **

** don't ask.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I do agree he could have taken his time and let things die down. But, I suspect the Goat's Mgmt went to the promoters and blew things up that even Mick couldn't do damage control. Which forced him to start lying for Goat and tow the company line.
I agree this is exactly what happened. Mick was probably willing to try and mend things between Lindsey and Stevie. But Goat was determined to get rid of Lindsey. And this time it had to be final.

Even though I blame both Stevie and Mick, I don't blame him equally. I strogly believe we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for Stevie. Mick was just a tool. But, hey, I understand it's maybe easier to believe Mick's lies in order to allow yourserlf to love Stevie again....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I agree this is exactly what happened. Mick was probably willing to try and mend things between Lindsey and Stevie. But Goat was determined to get rid of Lindsey. And this time it had to be final.

Even though I blame both Stevie and Mick, I don't blame him equally. I strogly believe we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for Stevie. Mick was just a tool. But, hey, I understand it's maybe easier to believe Mick's lies in order to allow yourserlf to love Stevie again....
Can I get an AMEN??? Sleazy Nicks and Co. don't need Mick. He needs her.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-05-2020 at 02:13 PM..
Old 02-19-2020, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly.

Unfortunately, Sleazy Nicks holds the cards.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
AMEN! Mick actually needs a lot of people

Old 02-20-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
AMEN! Mick actually needs a lot of people
True, but for the million dollar figure. He needs Sleazy Nicks.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-05-2020 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-24-2020, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...mike-campbell/

“ As far as his other day job as the new guitarist in Fleetwood Mac, Campbell says that he’d like to do an album instead of only live shows, but that might have to wait until Stevie Nicks does her Rhiannon film.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-24-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

“ As far as his other day job as the new guitarist in Fleetwood Mac, Campbell says that he’d like to do an album instead of only live shows, but that might have to wait until Stevie Nicks does her Rhiannon film.”
What a surprise!!
Old 02-24-2020, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Re-reading his quote tells me that he might be being sarcastic. Meaning he'd love to record a FM record but the likelihood of that happening would be equal to SN releasing her Rhiannon film.

And we all know that's never going to happen.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Re-reading his quote tells me that he might be being sarcastic. Meaning he'd love to record a FM record but the likelihood of that happening would be equal to SN releasing her Rhiannon film.

yup! guess a bit more subtle equivalent to when pigs fly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-24-2020, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Obviously. If anything, I give him props for going there.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-25-2020, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Obviously. If anything, I give him props for going there.
i like how you give a touring contractor props for shooting his chances down. but a full fledged band member who has crafted their sound and wrote and sang their biggest hit? nah, that guy should just appease the lowest common denominator, according to you.

btw i just loved how for Mick interview preceding his PG tribute tonight, the music they played in the studio to introduce Fleetwood Mac was - Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop and Tusk.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-25-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

btw i just loved how for Mick interview preceding his PG tribute tonight, the music they played in the studio to introduce Fleetwood Mac was - Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop and Tusk.
BuckVie!!!
Old 02-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike's actual quote re: FM and Stevie:

Interviewer: I would like to ask, if you're ok with it, one about Fleetwood too, because that's sort of your other life right now. Is the future of FM in live music only?

Mike: That's a good question! Coz when I first got the call from Mick, and he said 'You're in the band, you know, if you want to be. This is not an audition'. And I said 'Ok great.' Well...I..I thought about it for a day and called him back and said 'yeah, I'm in'. I said, 'You know, it starts with the songs'. I assumed we were gonna make a record first. And he goes 'oh well we've got these tour commitments' -- which ended up being a year and a half! (laughs) And.. so... we had a meeting at the end of the tour, and they all decided that uh..they don't really want to do any more looong tours like that again, but they're open to doing a handful of gigs if they come up. And nobody really mentioned recording... I mean, I would love...with Neil Finn and me and that band we could make a great record, and if they want to do it I'm up for it.

[Interviewer mentions FM history of bringing in new guitarists and styles, etc]
Mike: The greatest rhythm section. You know, if you think about it they're the longest lasting rock and roll rhythm section still together. And.. it was a joy playing with them every night, they're just amazing. So we'll see. I mean I would love to record with them, but I don't know where their heads are at exactly on that, but... we'll wait and see.

Interviewer: You cowrote a lot of songs with Stevie too for some of her solo stuff. Do you all ever talk about bringing that stuff out?

Mike: uh... it's funny I found a track the other day that I forgot we had done. It was really good and I sent it to her and said, you know, 'you should check this out'. I haven't heard back yet (laughs). But...you know, she's real busy, she wants to do a film, about Rhiannon, she's got some tour dates, and...she wants to, you know, do that for a year, year and a half, so... everybody else can do other things for now.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-25-2020 at 07:33 PM..