Originally Posted by chazlightyear View Post
'Do you know' is my favourite
Is 'Do You Know' on Youtube?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartboy View Post
Is 'Do You Know' on Youtube?
Don't think so, I couldn't find it anywhere.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazlightyear View Post
'Do you know' is my favourite
Err actually having listened to it this morning for the first time in a long while i'm a bit torn between Do you know and Hard feelings
Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Ledgie

Hello Chaz & all: I noticed something in reading your posts. While nobody seems to give the BTM cd much credit in FMs history, there are a variety of songs listed as individual favorites. An indication that a range of different styles offers something for everyone? I hesitated (for quite a while), before purchasing BTM. I wasn't quite sure if Rick & Billy were a good fit. Would Lindsey's guitar work & production skills (the absence of), result in subpar FM? When I finally picked it up a couple years later, i almost kicked myself! I love it, and would recommend it to any new listener of the Mac. Even today, I'm not sure I could pick a single favorite. I'm thinking we should start looking at BTM in a much brighter, more favorable, light! Thoughts, anyone?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't kill me, but I like BTM much more than TITN. I rushed to the record store to buy TITN the morning it was available, was really exited - and hated it. The saccarin sweet borefest the godawful Mystified represents to the fullest still manages to be a sonic vision of hell for me - I'm pretty sure they have that track on repeat down there, probably shuffling with You and I....

I had many reservations about BTM with Lindsey gone and Mick talking stupid chauvinistic stuff like: "Christine helped producing the album and it was suprising to see that she is not just a pretty face!" (DOH!) and reluctantly bought it, just because I was a fan - and liked it from first listening.

Not so much ego, more band-feeling, imho earthier production and far better songs. I know that technically the production is far worse than Tango's, but I'm not a stereophile. Overall the atmosphere of the album is great. Christine wrote great songs and Rick's and Billy's contributions weren't too shabby either. Stevie wasn't herself at that time, in retrospect it is great that she did show up at all. I liked her stuff, compared to TITN she was making an effort.

My favrite songs are:
Do you know, Save me, Behind the mask, Freedom

I could have done without "Skies the Limit", as the first song on the album, it seems to be created as the bridge between TITN and BTM, repeating what made TITN nearly unbearable to listen to for me. I wanted a new beginning. BTM fully delivered that to me from the second song on and I have a soft spot for that album and that incarnation of FM in my heart.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 08-19-2010 at 07:28 PM..