Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
Really. And those pics make it even more clear for me. Eye color is different, forehead size is different. Face structure is much more round in first pic. Cute turned up nose in first pic, not upturned at all in second. Eyes rounder in first. Lips fuller in first. Even if you compare to the photos of her in storms jacket, which is much more recent than the first photo you posted. Just doesn't look like her to me. jmo. Everyone is certainly entitled to think what they want.
I can back Danielle up--it's very definitely her.
Still, I agree with you that it looks nothing like her. Head transplant? I have no idea. Faces tend to thin with age, but this is an extreme case. Other than the face shape, though, the features don't seem absurdly changed--much of it can be chalked up to a professional make-up job and the difference between a deadpan and a smiling face (everyone's lips and eyes narrow with a smile).
Totally altered, but it's very much her and I think she looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I enjoyed the HELL out of her book! It was just plain old trashy fun. I don't really have feelings either way on Carol. I have to say, I do get very annoyed when people automatically dismiss her, though. After all, she was there for the real thing and none of us were. Even if she was a bit nuts, she's got far more cred than ANY of us. Something else to keep in mind: EVERYONE in the Fleetwood Mac circle (including the band members themselves) were also completely insane back in the day. I am not saying Carol should be viewed as a holy figure, but I'm just saying that I really don't think she was any less credible or crazier than anyone else in that era. Meaning, Carol's recollections of that era of FM are just as valid to me as Stevie's, for instance.
Well said, and I completely agree. Every band member's recollections are at least a little fuzzy; I wouldn't expect Carol's perceptions to be 100% clear or truthful, but neither are they invalid. Yeah, she might have been pretty crazy in the 80's, but so too were Stevie and Lindsey and I tend to believe the gist of what she said of both.
And anyway, I think the reason to read Storms is more for the funny little moments of life with the band than anything else, and those must be true. I wasn't interested in the harlequin romance/tragic heroine aspect, but will be forever grateful to Carol Ann for "Not the granny panties, Chris!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Yeah their was the car incident that Christine apparently witnessed as well as a nasty scene in their hotel room where she makes it sound like their bodyguard knew what had happened. She wrote a 300 something page book about almost 7 years of her life, so I am sure their are incidents that were left out. The frustrating part is that know one will probably ever come out and say what did/did not happen because they don't want to get in the middle of it. If what Carol said is true and even if every band member saw the abuse take place they aren't going to betray LB like that, especially when they are still working together.

I can't stand it when people say she is too self obsessed...she is writing a story about her life! How can she not be self obsessed

I also hope that her loving and taking care of Lindsey is true, which I believe is.

Yet another thing we are on
Ah, the self-obsessed complaint
I have to say, CAH had her work cut out for her. No one was going to buy Storms for the story of CAH--the audience for her memoir was way more interested in Stevie and Lindsey, and apt, I suppose, to deem her an egomaniac. I didn't get self-obsession from her, and agree with you on that, at least.

That said, her writing struck me as self-indulgent. She writes about herself as stock heroine, overcoming hardships and discovering her true light!
That's not necessarily vanity, though--I tend to think she's just not very introspective and fell back on certain literary clichés. A stronger writer could have made herself interesting to even a skeptical audience, but I don't think she fleshed out her own character (or Lindsey's or Stevie's) well enough to pull in her reader. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, believe most of it, and think she's probably a decent person--just not much a writer