Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie is the only human being in the world who would boast about having a dream in which Martin Luther King plays her usher.
Seriously, did she do a hit of acid before this interview? Who's editing her?
They can't keep track of her lies, and her "WOW don't say that Stevie!!" comments.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Ken was there, not me. However, it makes complete sense. Just listen to “What Makes You Think You’re The One” and follow it with “Edge of Seventeen.”
They say imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I think Ken's quote isn't fair to artistry. Artists are free to make sounds and craft their art. When I listen to What Makes you Think you're the One, I don't think it sounds like Stevie playing piano. Most artists want their songs to take on individual experiences for the listeners. Like when I listen to Stand Back, I don't think of Little Red Corvette; it's not necessary to.

I don't agree that Lindsey sounds like a goat in the song. I don't think Stevie sounds like a goat either.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I don't agree that Lindsey sounds like a goat in the song. I don't think Stevie sounds like a goat either.
I agree with the former, and disagree with the latter.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“The darker side of “What Makes You Think You’re The One” was rooted in the lyrics and performance that revisited Lindsey’s feelings toward Stevie and their past as a couple, a breakup that was only two years old at this point. If there was any doubt of who the song was about, Lindsey did his best to imitate Stevie’s distinctive vibrato, giving it a bleating, goatlike quality, and her rudimentary piano playing, which he knew made her self-conscious. This only served to exacerbate Stevie’s feelings of mistreatment by her ex, in a very dysfunctional way that I was to discover directly from her." -Ken Caillat
yup. while Ken's descriptions are usually negatively colored towards Lindsey by some kind of who-is-really-FM-producer competition, i think this one is right on the money. Tusk era seems to have been the peak of Lindsey's contempt, hatred and frustration with Stevie, and this song is unusually direct in clearly stating it. that one live version from the Tusk tour?? dripping with hate and contempt. but it's a great song.

looks like 2010s were the other way around - Lindsey completely being at peace with FM, Stevie, his solo career, and everyone's place in each others lives, while Stevie was apparently boiling with resentment towards him. weird thing is that they really never saw each other while working on FM tours, except on stage. he avoided any gatherings she'd pull together inviting the band while on the road with FM, and was mostly doing his own thing.

that last sentence is also revealing - her characterizing his writing bitter songs about being dumped by her, or that she was still expecting him to do stuff foe her as "his mistreatment of her." Just like now - apparently she expects him to just disregard that she kicked him outta their band, and she doesn't see any need to apologize.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“The darker side of “What Makes You Think You’re The One” was rooted in the lyrics and performance that revisited Lindsey’s feelings toward Stevie and their past as a couple, a breakup that was only two years old at this point. If there was any doubt of who the song was about, Lindsey did his best to imitate Stevie’s distinctive vibrato, giving it a bleating, goatlike quality, and her rudimentary piano playing, which he knew made her self-conscious. This only served to exacerbate Stevie’s feelings of mistreatment by her ex, in a very dysfunctional way that I was to discover directly from her. Stevie provocatively described her experience making Tusk as being like one of the hostages in Iran held by Lindsey as the Ayatollah Khomeini who had seized power of Studio D.” -Ken Caillat
He makes it sound like she said the Iran hostage part to him directly, which in theory she could have, but personally I highly doubt it. He's quoting pretty much verbatim what she said in a published interview around that time. His book (and those of Mick) very much rely on padding from published interviews which the "authors" then present as if they were there when these things were said. I take Ken with a major grain of salt, in particular given his bias regarding Lindsey. Sure, he was there, but if you believe him he was as wasted most of the time as the rest of them, and a lot of his attention would have been focused on technical issues....and given that band members declined to share their memories with him for his book he had to pull their thoughts from somewhere. I just don't get the sense that Ken was as "inside" the band members' (especially S&L) circle as, say, Richard.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. while Ken's descriptions are usually negatively colored towards Lindsey by some kind of who-is-really-FM-producer competition, i think this one is right on the money. Tusk era seems to have been the peak of Lindsey's contempt, hatred and frustration with Stevie, and this song is unusually direct in clearly stating it. that one live version from the Tusk tour?? dripping with hate and contempt. but it's a great song.

looks like 2010s were the other way around - Lindsey completely being at peace with FM, Stevie, his solo career, and everyone's place in each others lives, while Stevie was apparently boiling with resentment towards him. weird thing is that they really never saw each other while working on FM tours, except on stage. he avoided any gatherings she'd pull together inviting the band while on the road with FM, and was mostly doing his own thing.

that last sentence is also revealing - her characterizing his writing bitter songs about being dumped by her, or that she was still expecting him to do stuff foe her as "his mistreatment of her." Just like now - apparently she expects him to just disregard that she kicked him outta their band, and she doesn't see any need to apologize.
You think that it could have been her affair with Mick? Had to be one of the most hurtful thing to do to someone you just broke up with and still have to work with everyday. Of all the people to choose. Someone told me that they saw a Rumours show and Mick and Stevie kissed on stage so you can only imagine the feelings that conjured up for Lindsey. Stevie and Lindsey both have done some pretty cruel to each other over the years so they're both to blame but at some point it is time to grow up and I think Lindsey has. Unfortunately, the other has not.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Thanks for posting the entire article. Wow. I mean WOW—she is one delusional gal these days. And it’s so clear that her agent/management engineered this “story” to counteract the negative responses she got for her self-serving RBG tribute and to the now widely-acknowledged lies the band were telling the press about Lindsey’s firing.

There are so many WTF moments in this. But rock-n-roll is crammed with narcissists who believe their every thought and revelation is of great importance. Still, the following bit is beyond embarrassing:

[“Show Them the Way,” due Oct. 9, was born out of a dream Nicks had in the run-up to the 2008 presidential election. In it, she was invited to perform at a political benefit for icons of history. Martin Luther King Jr. led her by the arm into a ballroom where John F. Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy and John Lewis were seated, awaiting her. The dream was so vivid that the instant she awoke, she wrote it down and within days, put it to music.]

Wow. I mean WOW.
Tee hee! Oh. My. Gosh. Taken in isolation, this part of the article could easily be Nigel Tufnel ruminating on "Lick My Love Pump." Wow, indeed. Sigh. Smh

Last edited by Steviegirl; 10-03-2020 at 07:47 PM..
Old 10-03-2020, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Seriously, did she do a hit of acid before this interview? Who's editing her?
They can't keep track of her lies, and her "WOW don't say that Stevie!!" comments.
Apparently her yes-people is doing an awful job. Or her senility symptons are stronger than ever
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He makes it sound like she said the Iran hostage part to him directly, which in theory she could have, but personally I highly doubt it. He's quoting pretty much verbatim what she said in a published interview around that time. His book (and those of Mick) very much rely on padding from published interviews which the "authors" then present as if they were there when these things were said. I take Ken with a major grain of salt, in particular given his bias regarding Lindsey. Sure, he was there, but if you believe him he was as wasted most of the time as the rest of them, and a lot of his attention would have been focused on technical issues....and given that band members declined to share their memories with him for his book he had to pull their thoughts from somewhere. I just don't get the sense that Ken was as "inside" the band members' (especially S&L) circle as, say, Richard.
People will believe what they want to believe. Ken was never an insider, not as Richard anyway. And the Ayatollah part was never told to him directly as far as I know.
And $tevie clearly has no idea what's like to being held hostage. Seriously, the woman is unbelievable.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“I stayed with him from 1968 until that night."

WTH does this even mean?? They broke up in 1976 (she broke up with him). I know they've had "encounters" over the years but as far as I know the guy has been very happily married with children. As he himself said in an interview he married his soul mate. Maybe she stayed with him in her mind but not in Lindsey's mind; he was too busy with his soul mate.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is the only human being in the world who would boast about having a dream in which Martin Luther King plays her usher.
It’s mind boggling
Old 10-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's embarrassing. she says she wrote a "political" song. and then she goes on to describe the song as being about some of the historic civil rights giants (all men) being attentive to her. how is that political?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2020, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's embarrassing. she says she wrote a "political" song. and then she goes on to describe the song as being about some of the historic civil rights giants (all men) being attentive to her. how is that political?
Not sure who is handling her now but they should be fired. She's off her damn rocker.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be fair it she had been famous in the 1960s she would have at least done the Kennedy boys. That one is a natural.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
To be fair it she had been famous in the 1960s she would have at least done the Kennedy boys. That one is a natural.
The mind boggles and reels at the thought that $he actually missed an opportunity. Any opportunity.