Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up A new Bekka Bramlett album?

Bekka posted this bulletin via her MySpace:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekka Bramlett
Drop on over to my space and listen to "Misty Blue", a cut from my new CD titled ' I Got News For You" that is coming out soon. It is from a project I did for Joe Stampley that he liked so much, he asked if he could release it......... so watch for it soon!
Love,
Bekka
http://www.myspace.com/bekkabramlett

Exciting!

Matt
Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Bekka posted this bulletin via her MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/bekkabramlett

Exciting!

Matt
Fantastic news. I've always thought that Bekka should have released several solo albums by now. Her voice is wasted being backing vocals for Billy Joel, Vince Gill, etc.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well she did backing vocals for Iris DeMent and that's no waste, but YES! I'm excited she has a new album coming out.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Fantastic news. I've always thought that Bekka should have released several solo albums by now. Her voice is wasted being backing vocals for Billy Joel, Vince Gill, etc.
She has had offers in the past from big labels but they wanted her to do this that and the other thing (you know how they are) and of course she stuck to her guns (I'm glad about that) and has held out until releases could happen she could be happy with so assuming this is a genuine offer where they're just letting her be herself, I'm excited to hear this new album too!

John
Old 07-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't find anything on Amazon or iTunes about this release, but here is info that makes it sound like it's available now(?).

For a look at the tracklisting and cover art

BEKKA BRAMLETT – KSGN 1707

WHAT’S ON MY MIND
I GOT NEWS FOR YOU
I WANNA BE THAT WOMAN
ALL THESE THINGS
LOVE THE MAN
YOU’LL NEVER LOSE MY LOVE
WHAT DO THEY KNOW
THE TRUCK STOPS HERE
MISTY BLUE
SWEET LOVE

Review and cover art

I GOT NEWS FOR YOU
Bekka Bramlett
CD review by Preshias

Quote:
If Bekka Bramlett had been around in the late 60s, she would have been snapped up in a heartbeat by Stax and turned into their first white soul megastar. That isn't to say she is retro. Far from it; her sound is definitely 21st century. But Bekka pours soul into every note that come from her unique vocal cords.

Taking a break from being a very much in-demand back-up singer (for the likes of Vince Gill, Sam Moore, Buddy Guy, Faith Hill, etc) and belting out duets with Billy Joel, Dwight Yoakum, Joe Cocker and Bad Company, Bekka has released I Got News For You,'a new solo CD that will be gobbled up by her avid fans. It will also serve as the perfect introduction for anyone who was unaware of this stunning talent. (What? Where have you BEEN?) Yes, this is the same Bekka Bramlett who replaced Stevie Nicks in Fleetwood Mac back in the 1990s.

The daughter of blues-rock legends Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett, Bekka's childhood was spent immersed in music in the company of her parents' friends such as Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Tina Turner.

Recorded at several Nashville studios and produced by the legendary Joe Stampley, 'I Got News for You' is the perfect showcase for Bekka's talent. The album kicks off with 'What's On My Mind' with Bekka layin' it on the line for her man: 'Don't tell me what I been thinkin' / Don't tell me what's on my mind / Coz you're in deep water and your boat is sinkin'

But she can turn around and deliver heartstring-tugging ballads such as 'I Wanna Be That Woman' and the Aaron Neville torch song 'All These Things' (Trivia sidebar: In the 70s, Joe Stampley recorded his own version of the song that topped the Country charts.) Take a listen to Bekka's rendering of 'Misty Blue' that she delivers closer to the 60s Eddy Arnold version (complete with steel guitar and fiddle) than to the hit soul version from Dorothy Moore or the pop/R&B treatment from Mary J. Blige. But Bekka's voice bridges the valley between soul and country and makes it her own.

Bekka seems to be in her element when she busts loose on a rockin' number like 'The Truck Stops Here' where she tells her truck-driving man, who might be looking for a little 'comfort' elsewhere: 'Let's get one thing clear / When you're done with your run / The truck stops here.' Yes, ma'am!

Bekka's voice can go from sweet and sassy to hoarse and honking in an instant. Grab Bekka Bramlett's 'I Got News For You. If you're a dedicated country fan, a lover of soulful R&B or something in between, you are going to devour this near-perfect album, produced by country artist Joe Stampley. Check the writing credits. You will see the cream of the crop.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
She has had offers in the past from big labels but they wanted her to do this that and the other thing (you know how they are) and of course she stuck to her guns (I'm glad about that) and has held out until releases could happen she could be happy with so assuming this is a genuine offer where they're just letting her be herself, I'm excited to hear this new album too!

John
Yes didn't she say they wanted to turn her into the next Whitney Houston or something? I'm glad she had standards, but at the same time I really wish I had more of her music to listen to.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Yes didn't she say they wanted to turn her into the next Whitney Houston or something? I'm glad she had standards, but at the same time I really wish I had more of her music to listen to.
Yup, that's it. Couldn't agree more, can't get enough of Bekka.

John
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Thanks for the links Matt! I just ordered my copy.

Thinking this would be at cdbaby.com I searched there and couldn't find it but I found a "single" there by Rachel Williams called "Some things make her cry" which apparently Bekka is on but it says "CD not available" and you can only download the mp3 version of the single there. Anyone know where I can get this on CD and preferable on an album instead of the single?

Also, did any other Bekka collectors here get their live Allman Brothers CD in the mail yet? I ordered the volume she's on from the site back in Apr/May when the news broke (and got charged for it) but never received my copy so I wanted to check to see if I "should" have received my copy yet (as I though maybe it hasn't been released yet or whatever).

John
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just ordered my copy of it too... hopefully they don't charge too much to post it to Australia!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Just ordered my copy of it too... hopefully they don't charge too much to post it to Australia!
Yeah, did seem weird they say (after you order) you'd have "additional charges" for orders outside the U.S. and not say how much that'll be. Hope it's not a big one.

John
Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Yeah, did seem weird they say (after you order) you'd have "additional charges" for orders outside the U.S. and not say how much that'll be. Hope it's not a big one.

John
Well in the end it came to US$30.93 for the album and postage. Oh well she's worth it...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bekka has posted another one of her new tunes on her MySpace page. For those who do not have a MySpace account or do not have Bekka as a friend, here is a bulletin post from her today:

Quote:
Hi,
I just added another song from my CD due to be released Sept 1. Its called SWEET LOVE. Come on over and take a listen.
Bekka
Matt
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now how did I miss this?! Awesome, I'll probably wait until it comes out on iTunes or something. No wait, I'm boycotting iTunes, so Amazon!

Chris you'll have to tell me how it is!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Now how did I miss this?! Awesome, I'll probably wait until it comes out on iTunes or something. No wait, I'm boycotting iTunes, so Amazon!

Chris you'll have to tell me how it is!
I'll let you know...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Got It

So much for the Sept 1st release date, I got mine today, sounds great, was just surprised though that they're all covers, she has like a hundred songs logged at BMI alone yet none of the tracks are ones she took part in writing. Maybe it has to do with those legal reasons she had to stop selling her first CD? I don't know, I was just hoping there'd be at least a few originals so everyone could see she should be noticed for her writing talents as well as the voice, but hey I won't complain I'll take the CD any day of the week!

John