Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Goodbye baby...

After more than 20 years on this board, I have had enough. Enough of the cruelty of members of this board towards Stevie and towards each other. I am a fan of this band and don't want to be involved in the negativity of this place anymore.

Some of you may know that I was banned a few weeks ago for standing up to a certain bully on the Rumours board. No action was taken against him. Only against me...despite him implying that I was not as intelligent as him or under some kind of influence...so I am done. Good luck to you all. I have quite a few friends I met here who made their exit here in the past because of the same reason. I guess it just took me longer for it to sink in. Cya!!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I had no idea you were banned. I wish you would reconsider leaving for good, though I can certainly understand why you would. I use the ignore feature on a few posters here and it's made a big difference in my enjoyment of this forum. Plus, this is a good site to get info about the band and the members.

Take care, JohnL!
Old 04-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Sorry to see anyone go. We all have different opinions and all get to share them. I think sometimes humor is seen as a personal attack. Its all part of life. We all must make fun of ourselves too sometimes. Can you imagine life or a message board with no humor or disagreements? Boy that would be boring. Message boards are made up of all kinds of people. Hope you reconsider and stay.
For the record, I think half of the people that post here have no taste in music at all
See...that was a joke
Old 04-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry to see you go, JohnL. I've enjoyed your input here in this forum over the years. Yes there is a lot of negativity toward Stevie in the Rumours forum that has seeped over into this forum as well. It sucks.

There are a lot of users here who ONLY post negative things to get a "rise" out of the rest of us. They've been lifelong Ledge members but, to me, the delight that they take in posting this negativity only makes them come off as trolls. We all know the Rumours forum "bully" of which you speak. The dude can't even comment on topics unrelated to Stevie without throwing a "dig" towards her in there somewhere. It's laughable and shouldn't be taken any more seriously than an infant throwing a temper tantrum, for that is its equivalent.

Likewise, there have been certain users in this forum recently who have posted a lot of negativity about Stevie, her voice and the current tour. They keep going on and on about it because they delight in the negativity and how it affects other Ledge members. They get off on it. They post comments the first time around under the guise of it being "their opinion", but they can't let it go. As soon as someone call them out on it, they keep at it again and again and again until it becomes antagonistic, and their posts and "reasoning" stop making sense altogether. It's annoying as f**k!

I for one choose to ignore their comments and not even acknowledge them...for their opinion and negativity means nothing to me. It doesn't take away my devotion. It doesn't chip away at my "fandom". I refuse to let it. So I ignore them, continue to revel in my interests and let them wallow in their own negativity and misery. I suggest everyone else do the same. If you think someone here is being negative, antagonistic and just plain rude, then DON'T RESPOND to their posts. Don't give them the time of day. And most of all, don't give them the power for their negativity to affect you in any way.

JohnL, I wish you would reconsider and stay!
Old 04-05-2017, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, I had no idea you were banned. I wish you would reconsider leaving for good, though I can certainly understand why you would. I use the ignore feature on a few posters here and it's made a big difference in my enjoyment of this forum. Plus, this is a good site to get info about the band and the members.

Take care, JohnL!
Oh tell me about the ignore feature and how to use it....I NEED TO USE THIS.

I am tired of having to read that someone's a ho or a bleating goat.....if someone was called a wife-beater I would be equally offended. It makes no difference who is being pinpointed in the band...
Name calling = bullying to me and I feel by reading it and trying unsuccessfully to stop it from continuing, that I am ultimately encouraging it.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

People should be free to post without scorn. And this goes both ways. Once in the Stevie photos thread I commented how drugged out Stevie looked. It looked like day 3 of an all nighter. It was a totally fair comment. However, I was flamed big time by someone who obviously wants no negative comments about Stevie. That's not fair. You cannot have a message board if you censor member's comments because one member disagrees with you. Or in my case simply because you feel an obligation to overly defend a member of the band.
I am not afraid to post things that may not be in the majority of fan's opinions. I am also not afraid to challenge someone when they are wrong. I will also call myself out when I am wrong or proven to be wrong. This is a rock band forum. Not sure why we all cant get along just because we like or dislike certain things about the band.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-05-2017 at 05:08 AM..
Old 04-05-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Oh tell me about the ignore feature and how to use it....I NEED TO USE THIS.
You just have to click on the name of the member in question and so enter their profile, then click on "Add [name] to Your Ignore List", which is the second link from the left under the username, here an example (click to enlarge):

Old 04-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wanted to respond to the posts above. I appreciate what everyone has to say. I know that the rules of the board allow for the things he says which is most of my problem. I don't agree with how this board is run and I DEFINITELY do not agree that I should have been banned and no action has ever been taken on him even when he made a personal attack on me. So...while my love for Stevie and her music will always continue, I just don't see myself posting here anymore. The board seems to be more about who you are friends with here than if you have positive input to post. I will likely lurk when new things are coming out or when there is news of a tour , etc. I wish you guys good luck as I only see this board going more in the wrong direction but I hope I am wrong.

I am sure news of my departure will be great news to the bully...but I hope he realizes that HE is the problem around here. It is obvious from the comments above. Respect and treating others with kindness is something of the past it seems...and not just here, everywhere. I call it the Trump syndrome. And I don't think I can ever watch another Simpson's episode again because of that troll's screen name. Take care!!
Old 04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand that everyone has different opinions, but there comes a point when the criticism is no longer constructive. I think that point has definitely been crossed on the Rumours board. I rarely read anything on there anymore because I'm sick of the outright slander that goes on. It's a shame really because while I love Stevie, I'm still a fan of the whole band and I'm excited about Buckingham McVie.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you have negativity in your own tag of every post, you know you are defining yourself as a negative person. I try and ignore it.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
When you have negativity in your own tag of every post, you know you are defining yourself as a negative person. I try and ignore it.
Me too. Literally!
Old 04-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Some of you may know that I was banned a few weeks ago for standing up to a certain bully on the Rumours board. No action was taken against him. Only against me...despite him implying that I was not as intelligent as him or under some kind of influence...so I am done.

I can imagine that being a huge, huge, huge kick in the teeth. I've never experienced that exact thing before but I envisage it being extremely frustrating and a far bigger deal than it rationally is.

Please reconsider though... don't give in!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I just wanted to respond to the posts above. I appreciate what everyone has to say. I know that the rules of the board allow for the things he says which is most of my problem. I don't agree with how this board is run and I DEFINITELY do not agree that I should have been banned and no action has ever been taken on him even when he made a personal attack on me. So...while my love for Stevie and her music will always continue, I just don't see myself posting here anymore. The board seems to be more about who you are friends with here than if you have positive input to post. I will likely lurk when new things are coming out or when there is news of a tour , etc. I wish you guys good luck as I only see this board going more in the wrong direction but I hope I am wrong.

I am sure news of my departure will be great news to the bully...but I hope he realizes that HE is the problem around here. It is obvious from the comments above. Respect and treating others with kindness is something of the past it seems...and not just here, everywhere. I call it the Trump syndrome. And I don't think I can ever watch another Simpson's episode again because of that troll's screen name. Take care!!
~Being in the legal field, this gives the Bully more power if you leave. Please stay and show whom ever it is that they cannot break you...~
Old 04-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I understand that everyone has different opinions, but there comes a point when the criticism is no longer constructive. I think that point has definitely been crossed on the Rumours board. I rarely read anything on there anymore because I'm sick of the outright slander that goes on. It's a shame really because while I love Stevie, I'm still a fan of the whole band and I'm excited about Buckingham McVie.
Agree 100%. Negative opinions are fine, we all have them. FM members have all behaved poorly at some point in their lives so there is so much to openly discuss. I am not even a Stevie fan per se but I detest how she is constantly picked in, with name calling and bullying. Its not OK.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would hate to lose you or any other members of the forums here. There's another board I read from time to time (the webmaster also posts here). Here's a sort of "netiquette" that is used there:

http://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/f...ad.php?p=14697

Maybe we could all benefit from thinking about these principles, including guideline #8, which seems to be the one bothering a few people on these boards.

John, I know the lyric to "Outside The Rain" includes words don't matter, they don't matter at all but I appreciate you are feeling Stevie is somehow getting beat up here. But honestly, no one can touch her here. But I understand what you are trying to say, and that she means a lot to you.