The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac is so far removed from any comparison to "most bands".

You're partially correct. A Lindsey led Fleetwood Mac can't record in under a month because it wouldn't involve Mike Campbell coming to somebody's rescue with a buffet of unused tracks that can be aligned to 40 year old demos.

And as I already said, if recording new music were remotely a priority why are some members of the band doing private corporate gigs as of last week?

But back to all the heated discussion about everyone's timeless favorites from Behind the Mask...

Last edited by BigAl84; 06-13-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Fleetwood Mac is so far removed from any comparison to "most bands".

You're partially correct. A Lindsey led Fleetwood Mac can't record in under a month because it wouldn't involve Mike Campbell coming to somebody's rescue with a buffet of unused tracks that can be aligned to 40 year old demos.

And as I already said, if recording new music were remotely a priority why are some members of the band doing private corporate gigs as of last week?

But back to all the heated discussion about everyone's timeless favorites from Behind the Mask...
Not to mention that Stevie in her solo career hasn't recorded any actual 'new' music in quite some time (that involved her writing new music and lyrics, coming up with melodies and chord progressions, collaborating with producers on the sound etc). With 24 KG she just handed off some of her decades old demos with the instruction that they were to be recorded just like the demo, so it was able to be done very quickly and in my opinion the songs suffered as a result of that. I call it the 'Without You Syndrome'.