User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Lindsey tweets about song meanings

There have already been quite a few, but today's one about Down On Rodeo has prompted me to start a thread that puts them all here in one place (also for those not viewing Twitter).

Down On Rodeo
“Down On Rodeo”, another tune from Under The Skin, was cut with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, and coproduced by Rob Cavallo. The song reflects on how much time we all spend window shopping through life...often peering through the glass, only looking without touching, seldom committing for fear of the price being too high.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Treason
“Treason”, from the Gift Of Screws album, is a song that was written about the treason that’s often committed between two people in a relationship, and how there are always deeper, often hidden forces at work that will ultimately reveal renewed freedom and faith. Given what’s gone on recently, the song had taken on an enhanced meaning.

Shut Us Down
“Shut Us Down” is a song from Under The Skin that was co-written with Cory Sipper. It’s a piece that’s evolved significantly in live performance from the album version, taking on a whole other level of guitar performance. The song, which touched on acceptance and commitment, with just a hint of fatalism, had become a staple of my live shows.

Go Insane
"Go Insane” is the title track from my second album. This song deals with the challenges of success, and with the difficulties in working and creating alongside an ex lover with whom there’s been no opportunity for closure. The “Go Insane” album was also a step forward in terms of technology, extensively using the Fairlight CMI, an early digital sampling keyboard.

Soul Drifter
“Soul Drifter”, another song from Out Of The Cradle, is different look at transition and evolution. In having moved away from Fleetwood Mac, I’d felt that it was a choice that was out of my hands, a survival move that was necessary in order to move forward. “Soul Drifter” reflects the reality that though the choice was the right one, it was bittersweet.

Don't Look Down
"Don’t Look Down”, the opening track from Out Of The Cradle, is a song that always resonates with me. In 1987 I’d taken leave of Fleetwood Mac because the members’ behavior had become antithetical to clarity and creativity. Out Of The Cradle was the first album I made working without a net, so to speak, and “Don’t Look Down” captures the spirit of that.

Trouble
“Trouble” is the first single from my first solo album, Law And Order. I may not have begun doing solo projects at all, but the members of Fleetwood Mac had adopted a reactionary stance in the wake of Tusk, the wildly experimental follow up to Rumours that was largely my doing. With the band’s politic being prohibitive, solo albums became the only option for exploring the left side of my palette. I never looked back!
Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

By the way, are all of these included in the liner notes in the 3-CD set?
I'm going to buy the 3-CD set when I'm in the States, so I haven't seen it yet.
I won't bother maintaining this thread if they're all in the liner notes.

You can tell that he (or someone) is copying and pasting them to Twitter each week from a prewritten file because the initial speech marks are sometimes omitted accidentally.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey seems like a very philosophical man
Old 10-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
By the way, are all of these included in the liner notes in the 3-CD set?
I'm going to buy the 3-CD set when I'm in the States, so I haven't seen it yet.
I won't bother maintaining this thread if they're all in the liner notes.

You can tell that he (or someone) is copying and pasting them to Twitter each week from a prewritten file because the initial speech marks are sometimes omitted accidentally.
Not in the liner notes so great to have a copy gathering them here
Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Go Insane
"Go Insane” is the title track from my second album. This song deals with the challenges of success, and with the difficulties in working and creating alongside an ex lover with whom there’s been no opportunity for closure. The “Go Insane” album was also a step forward in terms of technology, extensively using the Fairlight CMI, an early digital sampling keyboard.
I'm sorry - I have to gloat a little bit - eat crow, you haters who said that people who thought this was about Stevie were crazy (actually, "crazy" was one of the milder pejorative terms tossed around). We were RIGHT!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There have already been quite a few, but today's one about Down On Rodeo has prompted me to start a thread that puts them all here in one place (also for those not viewing Twitter).

I'm not a tweeter and it is nice having these in one place to read. Keep em' coming! Very interesting to know what the songs are about and the conditions around which they were written.

Thanks for posting!
Old 10-24-2018, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I'm sorry - I have to gloat a little bit - eat crow, you haters who said that people who thought this was about Stevie were crazy (actually, "crazy" was one of the milder pejorative terms tossed around). We were RIGHT!
Its about Carol too
Old 10-24-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Its about Carol too
I thought the album was dedicated to Carol too?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I thought the album was dedicated to Carol too?
Yes. Carol was able to decipher that all but one of the songs on that album were about her.