Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Political office?

Sonny Bono did it. Clint Eastwood too. As well as Schwartznegger and Reagan. But do you think there is any chance of any Macster running for some sort of political office?
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "
Old 08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Three chances:

Slim, Fat & None.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

That's what they said about Reagan too.
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "
Old 08-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdragon
Sonny Bono did it. Clint Eastwood too. As well as Schwartznegger and Reagan. But do you think there is any chance of any Macster running for some sort of political office?
John should be the next governor of Arizona.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
John should be the next governor of Arizona.

Sure, that's EXACTLY where John McVie should be...landlocked. Right.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Sure, that's EXACTLY where John McVie should be...landlocked. Right.
it's only a couple of hours from the gulf. living in LA it can take you a couple of hours to get to the water if traffic's bad.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Once Mick finds out how much can be made in political bribes, I think he'll try to run for SOMETHING. However, THIS picture will be the premature end of his political career...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FleetwoodCastro.jpg (96.0 KB, 58 views)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Would sound funny. Arizona has a John Mac in the senate (where they ramble on and on, like Mick). And then a John Mac as governor. McCain and McVie. Whoa.

In actuality of course, to run for governor of a state, a candidate would have to live in that particular state. Maybe John could run for governor of California. He has more brains than the Gropinator and he will definetely not use "Don't Stop" as a campaign song. Gropenfuhrer is using too many lines from his damn movies.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In actuality of course, to run for governor of a state, a candidate would have to live in that particular state. Maybe John could run for governor of California. .
He's not living in CA anymore though...is now in Hawaii.

Although he is a pretty sharp cookie (for a republican ) I couldn't see him personality-wise ever running for office!

-Lis
Old 08-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Once Mick finds out how much can be made in political bribes, I think he'll try to run for SOMETHING. However, THIS picture will be the premature end of his political career...
Someone needs to caption that photo.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
that was a good point. Mick is a natural politician, with all the inherent qualities that implies.
When I first saw the caption to your photo, I thought you had Mick wearing some Super Outfit and marching in a gay pride parade. (you know, the Castro?)

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
He's not living in CA anymore though...is now in Hawaii.

Although he is a pretty sharp cookie (for a republican ) I couldn't see him personality-wise ever running for office!

-Lis
Gray Davis was a bore. John could have a chance in Hawaii.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
that was a good point. Mick is a natural politician, with all the inherent qualities that implies.
True. The only reason he hasn't run for some office is because he's not a citizen. Otherwise, you might be looking at Mayor Mick Fleetwood or Rep. Mick Fleetwood. He might even go far as Sen. Mick Fleetwood (where he belongs, like John says). He's an opportunist.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
True. The only reason he hasn't run for some office is because he's not a citizen. Otherwise, you might be looking at Mayor Mick Fleetwood or Rep. Mick Fleetwood. He might even go far as Sen. Mick Fleetwood (where he belongs, like John says). He's an opportunist.
He sure is. And like some other politicians, I'm sure he has lots of good intentions mixed with self serving effluvium. You know, the usual. And that's for good politicians.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gray Davis was a bore. John could have a chance in Hawaii.
He reminded me of a less photogenic Anderson Cooper, and completely devoid of Cooper's smarmy charm.