User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This honestly does not come as a surprise to me. I wonder what her reservations are?

Is she being denied her choice of producers for her own songs? Or is she demanding the entire album be produced by her choice of producer? The latter could be tricky, given how Lindsey & Christine's songs are apparently finished.

Or is Stevie not liking what she's heard from Lindsey & Christine's sessions? Maybe she's demanding a reboot?
I doubt that Stevie has even heard Lindsey and Christine's sessions yet. It's been clear that she hadn't agreed to a new album all along, so it's not a surprise.

When those new 2015 dates came out, I couldn't see how a new album could be fit in. No matter what they hope and dream, I don't see them working on an album after this tour. The only thing I wished was that they could do an album between tour segments, but now that 2015 will start so soon, that hope was dashed too.

The only way there will be an album is if Lindsey and Christine record without Stevie. Since they will already have made lots of tour money in 2014-2015, I don't see what they could lose by recording without her at this point. They won't lose money and I doubt they will lose critical acclaim. They will lose some album sales without Stevie, but this wasn't going to be a block buster album anyway. If they care anything about expressing themselves creatively, they'd just put an album out without her. They disappoint me by not doing so.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may have a point. I agree with her when she had qualms with Lindsey's production on Say You Will. He killed some of the songs on that album with overproduction: Bleed to Love Her, Say Goodbye, even Red Rover. Sometimes another producer/sound engineer, whoever that may be, is a good thing and gets a discussion going. Get Pharrell from The Voice, Stevie, I hear he's a huge fan...he'll get you on the radio again and modernize your sound...lol. Also what is their objective? Do they want to sound adult contemporary/easy listening? Do they want a concept for the album and songs that support that...or will this just be accumulated songs? Even as the industry has moved away from albums, a single concept works better and gets everyone in the band in the same mindset, if that is even possible with FM. Stevie in the studio has made great contributions, adding her vocals, lyric suggestions, The Chain.

Also Stevie might be holding up because she's scared the album sales will reflect poorly on the band. How did the EP do last year? I think this is weighing on her mind, as she has commented publicly on her sales for In Your Dreams and not being too thrilled about it. She may also honestly not have songs ready that are good enough. When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?
Old 10-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?
If this is something Lindsey would actually do, Stevie's reluctance to record would be more than understandable.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?
You Can't Fix This?

for FM ... def Everybody Finds Out

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-13-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
You Can't Fix This?

for FM ... def Everybody Finds Out
I think Lindsey would like You May be the One.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I think Lindsey would like You May be the One.
well i like ... love that too
but i was thinking most recent and all i could think of that wasn't IYD was YCFT
Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Ledgie

It's comforting to note that Stevie did ultimately participate in the EP, and she'll likely contribute to a new album once it's close to completion.

They'll pick a few of her songs (likely both old and new), work out the arrangements, then invite her in to sing them.

That's how it's worked since Mirage. She spent only a couple of weeks with them working on Tango in the Night.

Maybe they'll add her backing vocals to a song or two.

Of course, I'd love it if she were more involved. But spending too much time around Lindsey the Studio Boss may be too much for her, and they don't need her there as a musician.

One of the things I really liked about Say You Will is how they added her voice to Lindsey's songs (something that hadn't happened since Rumours, to my recollection). Otherwise, it would have sounded like Tusk (with a disconnected Lindsey solo album built in).

Stevie loves to sing harmony, but she's been criminally underused in that capacity since joining the Mac in 1975 (Rumours outtakes like Oh Daddy, YMLF, and NGBA indicate how much more she could have contributed).

At this point, she's probably thinking, "Why bother getting involved too early? Lindsey's just going to dominate the album anyway."
Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I doubt that Stevie has even heard Lindsey and Christine's sessions yet. It's been clear that she hadn't agreed to a new album all along, so it's not a surprise.

When those new 2015 dates came out, I couldn't see how a new album could be fit in. No matter what they hope and dream, I don't see them working on an album after this tour. The only thing I wished was that they could do an album between tour segments, but now that 2015 will start so soon, that hope was dashed too.

The only way there will be an album is if Lindsey and Christine record without Stevie. Since they will already have made lots of tour money in 2014-2015, I don't see what they could lose by recording without her at this point. They won't lose money and I doubt they will lose critical acclaim. They will lose some album sales without Stevie, but this wasn't going to be a block buster album anyway. If they care anything about expressing themselves creatively, they'd just put an album out without her. They disappoint me by not doing so.

Michele
Would WB even be interested in a "Stevie-less" FM? But then that might be in the band's best interest as any number of smaller labels would be thrilled to sign them even without Stevie and a smaller label would probably give them better promotion.