User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Oh, yeah, I got a reply. But not answers. For those, I will have to pay $1,100.

OMG!!! Definitely the laugh of the day. Thanks for the well performed sarcasm, Carne.

That Mick site is crazy... And all about handling the album... And The Knight??? Who on Earth is this guy??? Now we have to ADORE and praise him because he's feeding us with small seeds of information every fifteen days???

Oh, this whole thing is just incredibly, amazingly wrong. All wrong.

Song of the moment - Stop Messin' Around
Old 02-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian

OMG!!! Definitely the laugh of the day. Thanks for the well performed sarcasm, Carne.

That Mick site is crazy... And all about handling the album... And The Knight??? Who on Earth is this guy??? Now we have to ADORE and praise him because he's feeding us with small seeds of information every fifteen days???

Oh, this whole thing is just incredibly, amazingly wrong. All wrong.

Song of the moment - Stop Messin' Around

LMAO!

OMG~The whole thing is ridickulous!

Nae
Old 02-12-2003, 04:46 PM

Say whatever you want, Mick's board is getting a lot of activity. Certainly a lot more than here. I guess controversy is a good thing if you want to keep your bulletin board popular.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:47 PM

Oh, by the way, anyone who wants to reply to my last post above, that will cost you $1,100.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, by the way, anyone who wants to reply to my last post above, that will cost you $1,100.
I'll reply CV, however it will cost you $1,100 as well to read my reply, so I guess that makes it quits.

I cannot even stand the sight, or should I say site, of Mick at the moment.

The Knight?

Oh you mean the one that wears all the metal armour to stop anything possibly dangerous getting through and causing discomfort but still manages to carry weapons to inflict maximum damage on others?

Oh, I'm thinking of medieval knights! Or am I??

This site and it's membership fees has to be the biggest financial insult to my intelligence I think I can remember. Good old Mick.

Old 02-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Madformac said:

Quote:
The Knight?

Oh you mean the one that wears all the metal armour to stop anything possibly dangerous getting through and causing discomfort but still manages to carry weapons to inflict maximum damage on others?

Oh, I'm thinking of medieval knights! Or am I??
I can't resist...maybe he's one of the Knights who says, "NEE!" (sp?)
Old 02-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
I can't resist...maybe he's one of the Knights who says, "NEE!" (sp?)
lol!

It's funny isn't it...Mick said he wants to "get closer to his fans"....so he's employed some condescending jackass who remains nameless and answers only questions which may ultimately result in financial benefit to Mick. What do you want to get closer to Mick...the fans or their money?

CarneVaca, I don't think Mick's site is as buzzing as it first looks. I really do think a large handful of screenames are part of the site's administration team, pretending to be loyal fans. It would certainly explain why the majority of the regular posters there act like they're permanently on speed.
Take the day of the "Meet and Greet" announcement for example: look at the first few posts. They are totally ecstatic at the idea of giving $1,100 away just like that to meet "a couple of members". No questions asked. One sentence posts. And their post count: 1.
There are also other posters there with huge post counts who I also believe are part of the site's team. Their job: to (try to) make other fans think "ooh, that huge fan has decided to pay the gazillion dollars for Mick's underwear, so maybe I should too!"

Unfortunately (for them) Mick's management/web administrators seem to have made the critical mistake of thinking that "fan = moron." Sorry, Mick, it ain't so: here's a better idea, when the show comes round to London you pay me $1,100 and I'll put you into a hotel room, arrange transportation for you to your drumkit and in the meantime I'll think about whether or not I should meet you. Deal?

Last edited by seteca; 02-12-2003 at 09:22 PM..
Old 02-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking A $1,100 quote

Quote:
Say whatever you want, Mick's board is getting a lot of activity. Certainly a lot more than here.
Can't compare quality with quantity. The ones who are allowed to speak there are the ones with the "you-are-my-favorite-musician-ever-and-I-will-accept-everything-you-say-and-do-even-if-it-costs-me-$1,100-to-meet-you" attitude. Or the ones who don't get too much into trouble. People with other opinions just don't bother going to post there. I am postively sure that I'd be banned in two-three days in that Forum.

That's why I'll stay here. Even though you probably don't care about it.

Song of the moment - Gate And Garden
Old 02-12-2003, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
Their job: to (try to) make other fans think "ooh, that huge fan has decided to pay the gazillion dollars for Mick's underwear, so maybe I should too!"
Woooh.... hold up there. I didn't know Mick's underwear was up for sale. In that case, where's my checkbook?
Old 02-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: A $1,100 quote

Quote:
Can't compare quality with quantity.
Well said!
Some of these posters over there have like a 2000 post count! The site's only been up for a few months! Unbelievable.

Quote:

That's why I'll stay here. Even though you probably don't care about it.
We do, Cristian!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: A $1,100 quote

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Some of these posters over there have like a 2000 post count! The site's only been up for a few months! Unbelievable.

I know!! It's amazing, isn't it? lol, I've been coming here for almost two years (lurking a lot longer than that ) and I've *still* only got like eight hundred and some odd posts.

~Angela~

Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 AM

Well, guys, since I kind of have a thing for fairness, here goes:

There's definitely a creepy undercurrent on Mick's site. But I've made some pretty strong, critical statements, occasionally a wise ass remark or two, and got into a tangle (now there's a surprise!) with another poster or two.

And guess what? So far they've given me no strikes and my account still works!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I can't resist...maybe he's one of the Knights who says, "NEE!" (sp?)

LOL Livia (and hello as well). Maybe we should request a shubbery (sp?)

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I actually went over there to take a peek

...and I wanted to barf!
I used the pc I have at work to go lurk over there for a few minutes (the "bb" crashes my mac broswer as I've said, but it's no big loss) and in the short time I was there and the little I saw I was totally creeped out:
1. I actually saw one of these mick-can-do-no-wrong cheerleaders with 1000+ posts telling someone who was skepitical about the fan club to LEAVE.
2. The few skeptics there who asked more than just simple questions about their concerns seemed to go unanswered
3. One skeptic referred to an earlier post of theirs that had been DELETED by someone other than he/she!
4. The only complaining on one thread seemed to be that there was too much negativity and complaining!
5. Someone apparently posted the fine print you agree to when you get a fan club membership...this I want to see again, I didn't get a good look, but it looked like there are no guarantees to anything
6. More praise and endless thanks for Mick and the "Knight" for working so tirelessly for the fans! (I think they get paid by the hour)
7. Someone pointed out how many tens of thousands of dollars Mick had made off the first day of fan club memberships and nobody seemed disturbed by this!

Now all of this was just my brief observation and in some cases, my opinion. I certainly don't blame or judge anyone for posting or checking over there who wants info. After all, it is an official site and there is so much exciting stuff going on right now. I'm just a little nauseous from these freaky cheerleaders, and their lack of respect for a little dissent/skepticism/questioning that did NOT include any artistic criticism or "trolling."

I'll talke quality and variety over quantity any day .
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 02-13-2003 at 11:43 AM..
Old 02-13-2003, 12:01 PM

Ah, come on, guys. Give the man a break. After all, he went on a hunger strike and stood up to the British, managing to loosen the tight grip of imperialism on India...

Oh, wait a minute. Sorry, that was Ghandi. I got them confused again! Must be all those charitable causes Mick's gotten involved in of late that keep confusing the crap out of me.

Eh, what can you do In These Strange Times?