Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Bad News: Third Watch replaced w/ Michael Jackson Special

Thats right.....you heard correctly...Does this mean the episode gets pushed back a week?! I dont know.....Damn Michael and his nose!!!!!!

~Alex

Old 02-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Ledgie

aaauuughhhhhhhhiiieiieiiie!!!!!!! this sucks!!!! i've been waiting elatedly for this@@!! . 3rd Watch is my very favorite show in addition to FM being my favorite band!! surely it will still be shown tho - the episodes are related to one another ...
i'll check some of their boards and see what's up.
i've been dying to see how the song will figure into the storyline, what character, etc. it will have some sort of meaning, the music on the show always does.....
Old 02-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LMAO...i DO think MJ is getting too much attention now.Leave the man alone..there is something on with him now...the parts of the interview that the bastard producer cut out to make him look bad.I know the guy is weird..but i don't think he is bad..i think he is the result of a screwed up life..he never really had a childhood,his father beat him and his siblings...so yea he is strange..but,he really has no choice but to be a recluse...he can't go anywhere or do anything..i dunno..jmo...but it does suck that Third Watch is not gonna be on

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Ledgie

YESS! it will be shown 2/24.... guess i can hang one more week...
Old 02-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

This would have been the night to hear Peace Keeper for the first time.... !!

Has anyone read anything "official" about it being aired next week - on the 24th?? I hope so ~ I'm sure Reprise wasn't too happy about this change of events... I also wonder if it will impact when the first single goes out -- ??

If anyone knows anything new, please POST away!

-Josh

Old 02-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Ledgie

Hi Josh~
yes, the same episode will air next week (as of now, anyway)
the shows are in sequence with continuing storylines, so they can't (Or, they better not, the fans would FREAK!) just leave one out. on the NBC site, the episode that was labeled '2/17' now says '2/24'. i can't wait to see how "Peacekeeper" will pertain to the story....!!!

*reruns of TW air on A&E nightly at 11PM EST if anyone wants to check out the premise of the show... season 1 just began again fri.night (careful, it is addicting, lol..)

(btw Rick Vito also has had material on the show)
Old 02-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey, thanks SilverGirl! (- cool name & great pic to go with it! Hope the song is as well~ I'm pretty sure it will be!! )

So we wait *one more week* -- you definitely are a BIG fan of Third Watch!! I guess the rest of us shouldn't be complaining, since you had *two* of your interests yanked around...

Regarding this Michael thing -- when does it end??!! It's like the news media is building it up to some crazy climax, where Michael goes flippin' POSTAL, or leaves for outer space (anyone see SNL over the weekend?!

- Josh

Last edited by riff_Shuffler; 02-17-2003 at 07:23 PM..
Old 02-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Ledgie

no problem Josh! i'll let ya'll know if I hear anything else...

thank you too, I hope the song will be really good, I just liked the name : ) (if it's not...hmmmmnn)

I'm just very surprised and happy the Song and show got hooked up! I'll just have to settle for the rerun tonight, I'm just impatient!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I think it's Michael Jackson who initiated this new interview. I think the one they played really pissed him off and showed him like the public wants to see him -- compassionate but strange and, for lack of better words, "messed up." It's like a "Michael strikes back" thing. And btw, they are still playing Say You Will on That 70's Show commercials, I heard it again today while watching the last Joe Millionaire episode.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If he doesn't get into bed with other people's kids I don't care what else he wants to do, he can go do whatever he likes to himself other than that. The one kid who dared speak out against this beloved superstar must cringe at people making exceptions for this guy to continue to be alone with so many kids to share his special and pure love. I don't like to have any adult showing so much of an interest in sharing their pure special misunderstood and different love with kids. Why can't he just help charities that help kids or something? I think Barry Gibb doesn't do this no matter what Jacko was trying to say, not shown any preoccupation about it. Jackson needs to not be alone in beds with people's kids is all. The same as anyone else really. He gets away with all this weird stuff with twelve and thirteen year old boys because of who he is and how rich he is too. Excuses are excuses not justifying his behaviour. He should not be doing this, he obviously has a long standing preoccupation being alone in beds with kids and it's much more unlikely to buy that he is some kind of exceptional pure innocent Jesus type person. His video media image is of a crotch grabbing mobster-dictator-gang wannabe type thing, and yet in bed with other people's little kids he is supposed to be some kind of child himself? I don't think that is a good thing.

I wish they would just put a restraining order on this guy to keep him away from vulerable children and not let him keep trying to get validation from the public for his different misunderstood etc. etc. sort of adult to child love. The more I have heard from this guy the more convinced I am that he has a major (and not just a little odd) problem. You can find boys on the kiddie stroll in larger towns, doesn't make it right and why make Jackson an exception? The harder he tries to get people to buy his fantasy idealization the more convinced I get.

I am sorry to have to stumble on this again here. I really am up to here with people who don't know much about the subject convinced it's somehow okay for this guy to be alone with lots of little kids; that is almost as disturbing as he is to me. People have good reason to ask questions about it. He is not a victim at all, he is an extremely wealthy extremely self absorbed person with some big problems trying desperately to convince himself and others he is pure and innocent rather than behave responsibly and look at his behaviour. He uses kids from all I saw. They don't have enough information to be able to consent to any such relationships with non related adult men. It's amazing one actually dared to tell and the more the public makes an exception for this guy and supports his fantasies the more harm might be done to children. Treat him as you would any 40 something single man or woman who works hard to engineer being alone with other people's children and has admitted to being in bed with many. Pedophiles lure children with puppies, candy and so forth. If you have $300 million I think maybe you build an amusement park. That seems far more logical than many of the things this person claims.

I'm sick of this and people who allow different rules of conduct for celebrities. I'm sorry it gets so much attention instead of someone dealing with what has and continues to go on with him.

Last edited by becca; 02-17-2003 at 11:03 PM..
Old 02-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default oh, this again.

now i know i dont often leave messages on the ledge but when it regards something i have a strong opinion on...

Becca, u seem to know a hell of a lot about a man uv never met. ur basically saying that he IS a paedophile. ur entitled to ur opinion but u could at least get ur facts straight first - those being that there is no incriminating evidence ever been found against the man. u also seem to think u know how the mind of a paedphile works?? well maybe uv been educated on the subject but i hardly think a man would publically announce on worldwide TV that he loves children and he sleeps in the same room as them if he was sexually molesting them. i dont believe for a second that he was doing this as some sort of cover up - why would he go to so much trouble? If the children's parents are happy to let them stay over then i have no idea why it should bother u. i'm pretty sure that if indecent things were going on then social services would intervene, afterall that is what they're paid for, so maybe u should let them worry about it instead and perhaps then ur blood pressure will go down.

why r u having such a rant on a Fleetwood Mac message board about michael jackson anyway?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you watched dateline last night I think most would agree that there was evidence against him.
I think He is a nice man who is misunderstood in many ways.
But no sane parent should allow their children to sleep with a grown man.
Michael has many problems and needs help before it is to late.
He is need of great healing steming from his abusive childhood, and his many facial changes. God loves him like any other person. We should be praying for his wholeness not his destruction.
Alison
Old 02-19-2003, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Bad News: Third Watch replaced w/ Michael Jackson Special

Thanks Alex. I was away in New York City on Monday night. I was away from my PC I was looking on the cable TV guide and did not see it. I thought I was going crazy. I did get a few Fleetwood Mac related things, however Now I am home and online

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
Thats right.....you heard correctly...Does this mean the episode gets pushed back a week?! I dont know.....Damn Michael and his nose!!!!!!

~Alex