"...of the Moon... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!..."

Last edited by greendaze5; 11-30-2019 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post

Go to the 5:47 timemark:

"...of the Moon... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!..."
when Stevie's voice was powerful and Lindsey's guitar solos were not yet neutered by SN not allowing him to do any.

one of her best songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
when Stevie's voice was powerful and Lindsey's guitar solos were not yet neutered by SN not allowing him to do any.

one of her best songs.
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again - $tevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM. #nastyoldgoat
Old 11-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again - $tevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM. #nastyoldgoat
I would respectfully disagree. After 40+ years as a MAC fan the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac was firing Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. SHE was the reason Lindsey was fired, no one else. Her "him or me" ultimatum was final. It was an easy decision, really. Millions were at stake, not to mention hundreds of jobs.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I would respectfully disagree. After 40+ years as a MAC fan the worst thing that ever happened to Fleetwood Mac was firing Lindsey Buckingham.
Agreed...

But yet, WHO caused that?

The nasty old goat.

MY dream would have been $tevie leaving the band for good, to do her solo thing, and Lindsey and Chris fronting the band until....the end.

Like BuckVie!!! So, we got the last album, just not the part where the nasty old goat goes bleating off into the sunset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms
Old 12-01-2019, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Agreed. SHE was the reason Lindsey was fired, no one else. Her "him or me" ultimatum was final. It was an easy decision, really. Millions were at stake, not to mention hundreds of jobs.
And I wish her nothing but misery for her ultimatum.

I wanted to wish her a permanent itch somewhere, but people are so easily offended these days....
Old 12-01-2019, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed...

But yet, WHO caused that?

The nasty old goat.

MY dream would have been $tevie leaving the band for good, to do her solo thing, and Lindsey and Chris fronting the band until....the end.

Like BuckVie!!! So, we got the last album, just not the part where the nasty old goat goes bleating off into the sunset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms

I will say that the Fleetwood Mac/BuckMcVie album speaks volumes.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I wish her nothing but misery for her ultimatum.

I wanted to wish her a permanent itch somewhere, but people are so easily offended these days....
Yeah, because last thing we know, it's the band's wish to give fans a last proper album the reason Nicks got Lindsey fired. So, basically, it's his own fault he was ousted….. ok...…
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, because last thing we know, it's the band's wish to give fans a last proper album
Well I seriously did have a dream last night that I was in a car with my mother and brother and the DJ on the radio said he was about to play cuts from the new Fleetwood Mac album.OMG was I ever excited. The first track was a Lindsey Buckingham song!! It sounded a bit like Caroline but it was a new song and then the next track was a Christine tune with LB prominent on the vocals as well and I remember thinking it reminded me of Hold Me a lot. Then came a brand new rendition of Smile At You!! This was an incredible vocal and a version that doesn't exist in real life but of course I knew all the words cause it's a released song already.They made it a serious rock and roll song and Stevie sounded like she did in 1981. But then somehow in the dream I was in my 20's again and then the dream ended. But it was so frikkin' cool to hear those 3 new songs that don't exist.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YUP!!! I can't even listen to them anymore. My lifelong (since I was 15) favorite band has been RUINED because of her.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well I seriously did have a dream last night that I was in a car with my mother and brother and the DJ on the radio said he was about to play cuts from the new Fleetwood Mac album.OMG was I ever excited. The first track was a Lindsey Buckingham song!! It sounded a bit like Caroline but it was a new song and then the next track was a Christine tune with LB prominent on the vocals as well and I remember thinking it reminded me of Hold Me a lot. Then came a brand new rendition of Smile At You!! This was an incredible vocal and a version that doesn't exist in real life but of course I knew all the words cause it's a released song already.They made it a serious rock and roll song and Stevie sounded like she did in 1981. But then somehow in the dream I was in my 20's again and then the dream ended. But it was so frikkin' cool to hear those 3 new songs that don't exist.
Your dream was pretty accurate because Stevie had to contribute on old song. NO GAS LEFT IN THE TANK.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
YUP!!! I can't even listen to them anymore. My lifelong (since I was 15) favorite band has been RUINED because of her.
Same(although I did listen to BuckVie while driving on Thanksgiving).

My lifelong band since I was in 8th grade. It's RUINED. And we know who ruined it. I hope karma gets her big time, and nice and slow. Although she won't care. She's too self absorbed to regret anything outside her group of yes people.

I ask myself why I still come here... Because it's the band I've followed my entire life.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But if we did get new songs, I hope they wouldn’t sound like old ones, because they would surely suffer by comparison.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Your dream was pretty accurate because Stevie had to contribute on old song. NO GAS LEFT IN THE TANK.
Hahahahhahhahaa touche'