Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Sure, that's my favourite Stevie hairstyle:

Yes I love all eras of Stevie's hair.Stevie got into the Farrah which she looks so beautiful with it.

I guess today nobody has any time to play with their hair like they used too including Stevie.Stevie looks so beautiful now with her long strait hair.Not many women her age let their hair get that long.

As of Lady Gaga.She got a quite of beautiful wig collection .She always looks great every time I see her.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Watch ‘Paul McCartney’ Explain Kanye West to John Lennon
by Jeff Giles February 13, 2015 9:03 AM

Paul McCartney surprised older fans (and younger listeners) when he collaborated with Kanye West, and West himself later explained that he brought McCartney’s music the sort of “angst” it had when the former Beatle wrote with John Lennon. What would Lennon have thought of all this? Dana Carvey has a few ideas.
The former Saturday Night Live cast member, recently back on the set for the show’s 40th anniversary special, sat down alongside fellow SNL vet Bill Hader for a chat with the Hollywood Reporter, and — as often tends to be the case with Carvey — the conversation quickly turned to the sort of pop culture comedy riffing at which the master impressionist has always excelled.
Part of Carvey’s THR routine was offering up an imagined conversation between McCartney and Lennon, with Lennon phoning in from the afterlife with a series of confused questions regarding West’s role in the creative process. “Well, what does he do? Does he play an instrument? Does he sort of just hum along?” asks Lennon, while McCartney tries in vain to explain the concept of Auto-Tune — and Hader collapses in hysterics.
We’ll have another chance to see Carvey back in action Feb. 15, when the SNL 40th anniversary special takes over NBC’s primetime schedule: The show, which just added another half hour to its already-extended running time, will air from 8-11:30PM ET.

Read More: Watch 'Paul McCartney' Explain Kanye West to John Lennon | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dana-...ckback=tsmclip
Hahaha.I taped the show.I got to watch the whole show.

Speaking of artists being pissed off on live awards shows.

40 years ago .I remember watching country singer Charlie Rich setting John Denver's ballot on fire on camera on the 1975 CMA awards.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...-slip-20140601

Old 02-18-2015, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hahaha.I taped the show.I got to watch the whole show.

Speaking of artists being pissed off on live awards shows.

40 years ago .I remember watching country singer Charlie Rich setting John Denver's ballot on fire on camera on the 1975 CMA awards.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...-slip-20140601

Oh my God, and I thought that country music stars were boring... That's brutal!
I don't believe in the alchool and meds theory passed off by the son.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-18-2015 at 05:35 AM..
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh my God, and I thought that country music stars were boring... That's brutal!
I don't believe in the alchool and meds theory passed off by the son.
Thats what they say about the older country artists and bands plus classic country from 1980's and earlier is boring.I dont think so.

Like your original post about Paul McCartney .I wonder if Luke Bryan's or Jason Aldean's fans ever heard of Loretta Lynn,George Jones ,Tammy Wynnette ,Roy Acuff or Eddie Rabbitt are unknowns to them.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thats what they say about the older country artists and bands plus classic country from 1980's and earlier is boring.I dont think so.

Like your original post about Paul McCartney .I wonder if Luke Bryan's or Jason Aldean's fans ever heard of Loretta Lynn,George Jones ,Tammy Wynnette ,Roy Acuff or Eddie Rabbitt are unknowns to them.
I think that a lot is up to the individual personality of the fan.
Those that truly love music, are curious or thirtsy of knowledge will investigate on their idol's usical influences and artists that inspired the genre.
Others will be perfectly content to keep on listening just their favourite band or artist and what radio or I-tunes or spotify make available.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:10 AM

Paul McCartney Has a Top 5 Single for the First Time in More Than 30 Years
by Jeff Giles February 19, 2015 10:45 AM

It’s hard to argue with success, so the next time someone gives Paul McCartney guff for collaborating with Kanye West and Rihanna on their recent “FourFiveSeconds” single, he can just point to the pop chart.
ABC News Radio reports that the trio has leaped to No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “FourFiveSeconds” this week, in the process delivering the former Beatle his first Top 5 single in 31 years. That sets a new record for longest gap between Top 5 hits; the previous record holder, Carlos Santana, went nearly 29 years between 1971′s “Black Magic Woman” and his 1999 collaboration with Rob Thomas, “Smooth.”
Some might quibble that since this isn’t a solo McCartney single, it doesn’t count — but McCartney’s last Top 5 hit, “Say Say Say,” was a duet with Michael Jackson, as was the one before it, “The Girl Is Mine.” The one before that, “Ebony and Ivory,” found McCartney singing with Stevie Wonder; to get to his last truly solo single to reach that high, you have to go all the way back to “Coming Up,” which topped the U.S. charts in the summer of 1980.
The moral of the story, as fans of his work with John Lennon have known all along, is that collaborating agrees with McCartney — and perhaps more importantly, that taking unexpected creative chances can pay off in big ways. Here’s hoping Sir Paul keeps surprising us for many years to come.

Read More: Paul McCartney Has a Top 5 Single for the First Time in More Than 30 Years | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 PM

Default This is another VERY entertaining guy...

Billy Corgan Wants Rock ‘To Be More Aggressive in Taking on Pop Music’
by Jeff Giles February 26, 2015 11:38 AM

Rock artists have been losing ground on the pop charts for years, and Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan thinks it’s time to go back on the offensive.
In a new interview quoted by NME, Corgan says he thinks rock “needs to be more aggressive in taking on pop music,” explaining that the “cozy relationship” between rockers and pop stars needs to end: “Everybody belongs on their own side of the street for a good reason. By definition, a rock star is supposed to be an independent individual who pursues a vision to an end – an Axl Rose, an Elton John. And a pop star is supposed to do whatever they can do to pray at some horrible idol of fame which is ubiquitous and fleeting. And that contradiction, to me, is why everyone should stay on their own side of the street.

That kind of thinking only darkens the artificial lines between genres that close a lot of fans’ minds to “other” types music even before they’ve heard it, but in Corgan’s eyes, the difference between “rock” and “pop” has more to do with intent than execution — and when rock stars try to imitate pop stars, everyone suffers.

[B]What’s difficult about it from an insider point of view is that it sends out a message to kids that that’s the only way to be successful in the music business, is to sort of package yourself,” he argued. “Quite frankly, if you look at the history of the music business the biggest stars are individuals. There’s only one Bob Marley, there’s only one Ozzy Osbourne or Madonna. You can try, but you can’t recreate them. So the industry has become about following rather than leading. I think it’s reflected in the sales.”

Read More: Billy Corgan Wants Rock 'To Be More Aggressive in Taking on Pop Music' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/billy...ckback=tsmclip
Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 AM

Old 03-03-2015, 06:10 AM

Default entertaining people just ensue each others these days

Ted Nugent On Kanye West: ‘I Just Don’t Get It’
by Matt Wardlaw March 1, 2015 8:07 AM

While Kanye West certainly ticked off plenty of classic rockers with his recent actions at the Grammy Awards, Ted Nugent tells Ultimate Classic Rock that it didn’t raise his blood pressure. Calling West “super-talented,” he also admits that he doesn’t pay a lot of attention to the music that Kanye and his contemporaries are making.
You know, I don’t get much of that anymore. I don’t understand. … I mean, I understand beauty and I understand fashion and trends,” he says. “You should Google my son Rocco, he goes by ‘Rocco Moon.’ He’s deep into the hip hop/rock stuff and I just don’t get it. I try to watch Eminem and all of these other guys and I don’t get it. It doesn’t light my fire like ‘Long Tall Sally’ or ‘I Feel Good’ or ‘19th Nervous Breakdown’ or ‘Tush,’ you know?,” Nugent says with a laugh.
I kind of shrug my shoulders and I’m sorry to say, I just don’t get it,” Nugent explains. “I understand he’s a super-talented guy. Nobody likes naked girls more than I do, but would you really want to have your wife completely naked in a magazine? It’s a different world to me."
“Then again, I see where the industry is just so suicidal. Even the incredible U2, so they go in and spend a million dollars to make a record and give it away? Well, that’s convenient, if you’ve got that kind of money, which they do. But what about these new incredible artists around the country that don’t have enough money to invest in a free handout? I’m heartbroken by the whole thing. I know there’s some killer music all across this country that we’ll never ever get to hear because the industry won’t compensate.
As a career musician with many decades in the business, Nugent recognizes that he’s in a good spot compared to the up and coming talent.
“I’m lucky. I’m financially independent and still young at heart and I’ve got a million musical ideas. … I played some s–t this morning and goddamn, is it fun,” he says. “I can’t wait to get in the studio and I’ve got musicians everywhere if I need them and they’re the best. So there’s no telling what I might do.”
Still, he remains troubled by the current landscape of the music business. “I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this technological musical suicide. There would be no more apples if all of the orchard growers were forced to give away all of their apples, they wouldn’t bother growing any,” he points out. “They’d find something that they could actually get compensated for and pay for their property taxes and the fertilizers and the grooming and the transporting of the apples to the market. If you can’t pay somebody to bring your product to the market, you’re not going to grow that product anymore.”

Read More: Ted Nugent On Kanye West: 'I Just Don't Get It' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-n...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-03-2015 at 06:18 AM..
Old 03-05-2015, 11:31 AM

Paul McCartney Posts Unreleased Wings Tracks for Free Download
by Jeff Giles March 5, 2015 11:04 AM

http://soundcloud.com/paulmccartney/...lusive-streams

Paul McCartney has been plenty busy on the new music front lately, but he hasn’t forgotten about his illustrious past.
McCartney reached into his vaults for a surprise series of free downloads recently, casually asking fans, “Have you heard these previously unreleased tracks from ‪Wings‬?” and posting three songs that had yet to even surface on any of his archive collections. The tracks, which you can listen to above, are available to anyone who provides their email address at McCartney’s official site.
One song, “Love My Baby,” first surfaced last fall, and comes from the 1974 Wings film One Hand Clapping. “It was made by a friend of mine, David Litchfield,” recalled McCartney at the time. “We decided that he would shoot a very simple piece, on video. We would just go into Abbey Road and play basically what we had rehearsed. So we went in there and it was very simply filmed, absolute basic stuff, and I think its charm now is that there’s no pretense. It is what it is. We just called it ‘One Hand Clapping,’ for absolutely no reason.”
The three-song set is rounded out by an extended version of “Letting Go” and a remastered version of “Rock Show,” both from 1975′s Venus and Mars LP. Meanwhile, McCartney’s latest recording, an appearance on the Kanye West single “All Day,” seems likely to hit the upper reaches of the charts when it makes its first appearance on Billboard’s Hot 100 next week.

Read More: Paul McCartney Posts Unreleased Wings Tracks for Free Download | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 03-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Old 03-06-2015, 07:07 AM

Default This is ****ing hilarious, when you think it's finished someone starts up again...

David Crosby Calls Kanye West ‘An Idiot and a Poser’
by Dave Lifton March 5, 2015 8:38 PM

Yet another classic rocker has expressed his displeasure with Kanye West. David Crosby recently took to social media to give his opinion on the star.
Crosby was answering questions from fans on Twitter when one asked him about West. “He’s an idiot and a poser,” he replied. “Has no talent at all.”

Artists that did meet with Crosby’s approval include Billy Joel (“Very talented cat“), Eric Clapton (“I think he’s wonderful. Maybe even better singer”) and Jimmy Page (“Totally freaking great“). He also revealed that he kept his ears open by expressing admiration for excellent current acts like Wilco and Americana singer-songwriter Jason Isbell.
Crosby didn’t restrict his scorn for hip-hop stars, though. He said that he “would not” work with Mike Love (“Not a good person“) and that he wasn’t a fan of neither Jim Morrison nor Phish.
The public backlash against West has reached a fever pitch over the past month following an incident at the Grammys, when he walked onstage as Beck was accepting the award for Album of the Year. Paul Stanley said that Beck “should’ve kicked Kanye right in the nuts and said, ‘Get the f— off MY stage!’” Five-time Grammy winner Michael McDonald added his two cents by adding, “When Kanye gets to a point where he can actually put a couple of notes together either vocally or two bars of valid music playing an instrument, then he might have a right to criticize somebody else. Until then, I think he’s just talking to hear the sound of his own voice.”
It’s important to note that Kanye has since publicly apologized to Beck, and stated that his album ‘Morning Phase’ was “kind of good.”

Read More: David Crosby Calls Kanye West 'An Idiot and a Poser' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david...ckback=tsmclip
Old 03-06-2015, 07:32 AM

Default at least some good news...

Paul McCartney Is Taking Part in Alice Cooper’s New Supergroup
by Michael Gallucci March 5, 2015 5:56 PM

Alice Cooper‘s new supergroup — which also happens to feature Joe Perry and Johnny Deppnow has another big name on its roster: Paul McCartney.
The Hollywood Vampires project, which Cooper formed and named after a group of famous drinking palsincluding Keith Moon, John Lennon, Ringo Starr and Harry Nilssonof his from the ‘70s, got together last year for some recording.
And apparently McCartney was there. According to Rolling Stone, McCartney dropped by one of the sessions and performed his song “Come and Get It,” which he gave to Badfinger, who had a hit with it in 1970. McCartney has rarely played the song.
But Perry told Rolling Stone that McCartney had no problem performing it with the Vampires. “I was joking with him and said, ‘You probably wrote this in 20 minutes,’” he said. “And he said, ‘Actually, I was in bed sleeping and I knew they needed a song for this band we signed, and I went downstairs and played it on the piano and then went to Abbey Road an hour before the rest of the [Beatles], played all the instruments, made the demo and gave [Badfinger] the song.’”
McCartney and Cooper share lead vocals on the song, according to Perry. An album by the Hollywood Vampires is on the way, but no details have been announced yet. And it looks like the group plans to hit the road for a tour in the fall too. Right now, the only show they’ve booked is an appearance at the Rock in Rio festival in September.

Read More: Paul McCartney Is Taking Part in Alice Cooper's New Supergroup | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 03-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
David Crosby Calls Kanye West ‘An Idiot and a Poser’
by Dave Lifton March 5, 2015 8:38 PM

Yet another classic rocker has expressed his displeasure with Kanye West. David Crosby recently took to social media to give his opinion on the star.
Crosby was answering questions from fans on Twitter when one asked him about West. “He’s an idiot and a poser,” he replied. “Has no talent at all.”
He is obviously a shameless poser. I think he has talent beyond being an obnoxious and offensive ass, but his arrogance and inflated ego gets in the way. I don't see any appeal in his personality or his wife, whose main claim to fame seems to be, ironically, her big offensive ass -- I believe that is where she stores her "hard earned" obscene amount of money.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-08-2015 at 07:24 AM..
Old 03-08-2015, 08:10 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad. Reason: double post
Old 03-08-2015, 08:14 AM

Default the only voice of reason in all this matter

Paul McCartney Explains Why He’s Working With Kanye West
by Dave Lifton March 7, 2015 1:00 PM

Cross-cultural collaborations are nothing new to Paul McCartney. After all, some of his biggest hits in the ’80s were duets with Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder. Still, we were all surprised when it was revealed last summer that he was considering working with Kanye West. McCartney recently explained how West caused him to understand what hip-hop was about.
As he told NME, it happened while seeing West and Jay Z‘s Watch the Throne tour at London’s O2 Arena in 2012. “I was expecting it to be, ‘Oh it’s great, it’s hip-hop, it’s loud…,” he said. “But I hadn’t until then got the urban poetry aspect. Like, Bob Dylan is a poet. And so is Jay Z and Kanye.”
While it may have seemed strange for a man in his 70s to be listening to hip-hop in the first place, no less attending concerts, for him, keeping his eyes and ears open to what’s new is a way of preventing himself from going stale.
If I’m gonna do a tour I like to go and see what other people are doing. I didn’t wanna bring my tour out and be amazingly old-fashioned. So people if are going, ‘Oh man, Beyonce, she was killer!’ I like to go there and go, ‘Yeah, we can do better than this.’
To date, the pairing of McCartney and West has produced three songs. “Only One” was released on New Year’s Eve. “FourFiveSeconds,” which features Rihanna on vocals, arrived three weeks later and became the first McCartney song to hit the Top Five in more than 30 years. Earlier this week came the newest offering, “All Day,” which has its roots in some unreleased music McCartney wrote in 1969.
West, for his part, has said that it’s a successful pairing because his knack for exposing his emotions is similar to the way John Lennon did. “I might be a little bit more ‘angst’ than Paul,” he said. “And remember the last time when Paul had somebody really ‘angst’ working with him, the type of music they made?”

Read More: Paul McCartney Explains Why He's Working With Kanye West | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-...ckback=tsmclip