User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s not what the reference was about. Bob committed suicide in 2012, and Wendy Welch said that Mick told her Christine refused to go to the Hall of Fame ceremony if Bob was included. It was easy for Mick to blame that on the long retired Christine, thus creating no hard feelings between Wendy and the remaining members.

But was that really what happened?
Very true. Mick could be lying, but are there any other theories out there that may be correct?
Old 06-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Funny how people who think Mick is a liar think he was telling Wendy the truth…

Who was the easiest to throw under the bus as far as Fleetwood Mac concerned in 2012?
Well, Mick IS a charlatan, thief, liar, and general scumbag, so who knows what the truth is. I know that Bob's ~induction~ meant the world to him and Wendy, and he went to his grave, wanting that recognition.

And Bob knew them better than ANY of us ever will, so I'll take "his truth" as most likely being true, over that of any Ledgies with their crystal testes.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bob committed suicide in 2012,
Know what's weird? I used to chat with Bob on his website. They lived in Nashville, and I've always spent tons of time there. I always wanted to ask him and Wendy out to dinner, but never did(I guess out of fear that they wouldn't have accepted[although I think they would have]).

Bob committed suicide on a morning that I was leaving Nashville. It was just weird to think that I was only a few miles away(there's your pun) from him, and had chatted with him, and failed to try to meet them both.

Every time I hear a Bob song, I remember that day. I didn't see the news until I got to my other home(in IN), and saw it here on the Ledge.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
And then she would have sued the pants off then. That theory never would have worked nor would she allow it. She loved holding the reins, but was then pissed they released it anyway under a different name.
This is a conspiracy theory, not fact.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Much as I am interested to see Neil and Mike, my preference is easily Lindsey instead and if Lindsey can't be involved (for whatever stupid reason), then my preference is Mick, John, Christine and Stevie.

Why, oh why, did some bright sparks think they should bring new people in? Are they all that insecure that they cannot exist without a lead guitarist? I know - many if not all Mac songs feature guitar. Why not hire a couple of session musicians rather than bring people into the inner circle?

I would have loved a Women of Mac show.
Well someone would have to play guitar. What would that have looked like? Waddy? Neale Heywood? The level of hysteria would probably have been the same.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
But if she's a member of the band and that brand name if you like and hasn't consented to an album being released without her in it then she has some sort of case. I am not familiar with US law but I assuming there would be some grounds on that basis, no?
Basically Fleetwood Mac is Mick and to a quieter extent John. If they were okay with it being called Buckingham McVie then it's pretty much the same as settled law in my mind.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In his books, Mick talked about Christine calling regularly during the early stages of recording Say You Will, all but indicating she would love to record, if she could get away with not touring. The release of In the Meantime so shortly after Say You Will supports this.
I love Say You Will but they really should have taken her up on that.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie certainly never let Bob down. Wish she would jam with Lindsey again at his solo shows like she did with

Yes. And can you guess who never showed up to any of those shows? Gee I wonder why? Maybe he was too busy banging on a Kleenex box?
Old 06-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That’s not what the reference was about. Bob committed suicide in 2012, and Wendy Welch said that Mick told her Christine refused to go to the Hall of Fame ceremony if Bob was included. It was easy for Mick to blame that on the long retired Christine, thus creating no hard feelings between Wendy and the remaining members.

But was that really what happened?
I don't think we will ever know the whole story with that.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yes. And can you guess who never showed up to any of those shows? Gee I wonder why? Maybe he was too busy banging on a Kleenex box?
Hahahaha. I'd given up on checking in here for any discussion of the upcoming tour. I'm too busy living my life to have to sift through all the bellyaching (it's been MONTHS, I think there are people here having a harder time with Lindsey being jettisoned than he is). BUT, I am glad I checked in today simply because my life is better for having read the above Kleenex box line.

Well done. And thank you.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think we will ever know the whole story with that.
Let's just all agree to agree that it was Stevie's fault. I'm pretty sure that's how this works.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Firing only happens when they're not playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love
In his books, Mick talked about Christine calling regularly during the early stages of recording Say You Will, all but indicating she would love to record, if she could get away with not touring. The release of In the Meantime so shortly after Say You Will supports this.
Based on this, perhaps one could take the view that SnL essentially fired Christine from Fleetwood Mac, back in 2002 or whenever.

They loved and respected her, but the reality was that ever since they forwent Buckingham Nicks to join Fleetwood Mac, they'd been sharing the stage and the album space with another singer/songwriter.

When CM quit touring during The Dance, and refused to do any hypothetical touring for SYW, SnL used that as an excuse to boot her off the record and, thus, the band. Even though Lindsey had been on (aka made) the TITN album but not toured it, and Christine had previously been on Time but not toured it.

Just one theory/perspective.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Let's just all agree to agree that it was Stevie's fault. I'm pretty sure that's how this works.
That made me laugh, very droll.
And you’re right.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sounds about right, you mock Lindsey's unconventional creativity, yet you must know in your heart of hearts that it was his unique approach that helped turn many of Stevie's raw ideas into actual works of art. Different strokes for different folks, but I'll take kleenex box banging on a song with actual substance over generic cheese any day, which I would say accounts for about 50% of Stevie's solo output.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
sounds about right, you mock Lindsey's unconventional creativity, yet you must know in your heart of hearts that it was his unique approach that helped turn many of Stevie's raw ideas into actual works of art. Different strokes for different folks, but I'll take kleenex box banging on a song with actual substance over generic cheese any day, which I would say accounts for about 50% of Stevie's solo output.
Amen. Lindsey's creativity is WHAT made them. Certainly not Old Goat Breath's.

But, now that $tevie nick$ refuses to record with the band, I can see how $he now longer needs him. His studio genius isn't needed on her menu these days.