The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Back to the original question about whether releasing an album without Stevie is possible.....

Anything is possible; however, I will say that given the huge crowds Stevie is attracting to her recent shows (I was at Boston and there were more than 15,000 people in the arena), I'd hazard a guess that any record company would be hesitant to offer a deal without Stevie on board. The band could certainly release something on their own, but after the minimal success of Extended Play I bet that's not all that appealing to them. I think when all is said and done Stevie will participate and we'll get one final album from the five fireflies.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
Back to the original question about whether releasing an album without Stevie is possible.....

Anything is possible; however, I will say that given the huge crowds Stevie is attracting to her recent shows (I was at Boston and there were more than 15,000 people in the arena), I'd hazard a guess that any record company would be hesitant to offer a deal without Stevie on board. The band could certainly release something on their own, but after the minimal success of Extended Play I bet that's not all that appealing to them. I think when all is said and done Stevie will participate and we'll get one final album from the five fireflies.
They had better! Or she'll be dead to me! Again!
Old 11-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This makes me depressed...but I think you are probably right.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, but when...2019? 2025?

The music's there. She doesn't want to record with them. So put out the music, bypassing a big record label. Anything they release with Christine and Lindsey is bound to get critical attention at the very least, which is more than most acts that old get these days.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think she's wanted to record with FM for a while. I got bored so I looked through a bunch of older interviews and things with her from back since 2011 and on and she's been putting it off ever since then. Lindsey had been saying since then that he had songs he's working on. And you could also tell from the EP that she barely threw them a bone with only one song that was old old old. She just doesn't seem interested.
I really really hope she gives in and sucks it up and records that one final album but man, she just doesn't seem interested at all and hasn't been for a long time.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's solo stuff lately while fine, is boring. All sounds produced the same. Pro tools used to make her harmonies sound young on every song. I liked In your dreams but didn't listen to 24k more then twice. BORING!!! She needs lindsey.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is touring with his band so if they were recording you know he would be there.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Stevie's solo stuff lately while fine, is boring. All sounds produced the same. Pro tools used to make her harmonies sound young on every song. I liked In your dreams but didn't listen to 24k more then twice. BORING!!! She needs lindsey.
I didn't care for 24K either, because I found it too stripped down for my tastes. But that was what Stevie was going for. She's made PLENTY of great and best-selling songs without Lindsey, and she definitely doesn't need him.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely don't think she needs Lindsey or really needs any particular person for that matter (Bella Donna is a great album in my opinion but I didn't like Wild Heart much and they had the same producer), but I personally have always loved those songs the most, the ones where they were at their peak in collaborating together (BN, FM, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage). Those have always been hands down my favorites of all her songs in her entire career. It sounds cheesy, but they really had a certain magic in my opinion. Even after that peak, with the exception of a few songs (some of which might have just been clunkers regardless), I still always liked what he's done with her songs.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Mick is touring with his band so if they were recording you know he would be there.
Are you sure? I know he was touring with them but as far as I'm aware the last date was the end of September. Christine said they'd be in the studio in October. Not heard much from Mick since September. Haven't seen any further dates added, though I believe he's doing a slot with Sammy Hagar at the restaurant tomorrow.
Incidentally, on his twitter he posted a picture of him looking at Stevie on stage. The tweet reads 'You must have the blues'. The next tweet on 22nd November reads 'Baby, please stop messin' round'.
Now, I might be making things up in my head (and it all might just be a bit random) but I just can't see why he'd make a blues reference featuring an image of Stevie. Sounds to me like he's getting a bit desperate.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What I've always wondered is how does she differentiate between her FM work and her own work?

Of course if she feels inspired to write a great song, she'll want to keep it for her solo album. So how does she decide whether a song becomes an "FM" song? Are they co-written by Lindsey/Christine, so technically not a TRUE Stevie song?
Old 11-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Still sticking to my prediction. Stevie WILL record with FM on their last album. Stevie will get off the road a very happy camper how well her solo tour went. She will rest after the holidays and be ready to hit the studio early next year.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Still sticking to my prediction. Stevie WILL record with FM on their last album. Stevie will get off the road a very happy camper how well her solo tour went. She will rest after the holidays and be ready to hit the studio early next year.
I agree with this.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
What I've always wondered is how does she differentiate between her FM work and her own work?

Of course if she feels inspired to write a great song, she'll want to keep it for her solo album. So how does she decide whether a song becomes an "FM" song? Are they co-written by Lindsey/Christine, so technically not a TRUE Stevie song?
she's always said anything she has is available to Fleetwood Mac. She's consistently said she presents them her portfolio of songs and they take what they want. Even on SYW they had all her old stuff to pick from. She was the one who then decided she needed to step up to Lindsey's level and bring new stuff and went off and wrote those 4 new songs. She brought all of them to the table and let them pick. I do think these days she probably has more of an opinion of which ones she wants to push for.....
Old 11-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any news on this would-be album? Any?