User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Based on the interest level amongst the Tom Petty fan base, I’m predicting the shows will sell out fast.
IA, what they lost with FM fans they gained in Heartbreakers fans. It's upsetting but a smart move.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IA, what they lost with FM fans they gained in Heartbreakers fans. It's upsetting but a smart move.
I'm sure it will sell fine and they thought of that when they hired him. Which shows you they DO NOT care about the fans. They care (mostly MIck and Stevie) about MONEY. She even says it in her interviews. "we'll make a lot of money". Sickening.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hear you and agree to a degree, but MC is going to play someone else’s songs, save for maybe one or 2.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3 comments I’ve heard over the last few weeks:
“I’ve always liked Fleetwood Mac, but never enough to go see them.
With Mike Campbell in the band, I’ll definitely go!”

And from a Fleetwood Mac hater in my family while watching the interview on CBS:
“Oh my god, I’ll go see them now”.

I asked this hater what would be different enough to warrant buying a ticket now.
The response:
“The music will be more joyful now. I appreciate Lindsey’s talent, but Mike Campbell’s sound is pure joy”.

And from a big TP fan who’s a casual FM fan.
“Fleetwood Mac was great on the last tour but I felt like I didn’t need to see them again. Now I have to go again”.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I hear you and agree to a degree, but MC is going to play someone else’s songs, save for maybe one or 2.
What I really don't uunderstand is why Mike Campbell, a great, original guitarist on his own, would want to go on tour playing Lindsey Buckingham songs.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love TP and so happy I got a chance to see them. While I think it’s great MC isn’t sitting idle, I don’t need to relive my TP love by seeing his guitarist play in another band. Similarly, if LB joined the E Street band or the Eagles, it’s not going to get me running for Ticketmaster. But that’s just me...opinions are what makes the world go round
Old 04-27-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I love TP and so happy I got a chance to see them. While I think it’s great MC isn’t sitting idle, I don’t need to relive my TP love by seeing his guitarist play in another band. Similarly, if LB joined the E Street band or the Eagles, it’s not going to get me running for Ticketmaster. But that’s just me...opinions are what makes the world go round
I think because Tom passed, they know the Heartbreakers won't be touring anymore, so they're happy to see MC doing something and will want to go see him. Especially since he already has had a working relationship with Stevie.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yeah there is plenty of video evidence where she’d need two hands to play the noise that you’re hearing and she’s scratching her head or something! The karaoke aspect of the shows kept me from being interested. Lindsey mouthing the “why don’t you” parts on Hold Me while the canned tracks played was cringe worthy.
Especially during the first half of the tour. I've heard they replaced the sound guy that started the tour. I was at show #2, and the karaoke tracks were BLATANT. No hiding it, or even attempting to hide it. And the intro(and break in the middle) of Hold Me, neither she nor Brett's hands were playing that piano part.

But then I saw them again in Nov(with I guess the second sound guy), and the karaoke was mixed much lower in the mix. Although it was a piercingly loud show. People all around me were bitching about how loud(more SHRILL than loud) it was.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It is also possible Christine was ok with the decision to fire Lindsey, but I love that people think she's being held captive to FM by some contract. I mean, she's obviously in complete agreement with the decision or she wouldn't be there. Contracts aren't impossible to get out of, especially if situations have changed. For example, if a band mate is forced out. She could claim ill health, or her plane phobia is back. A person can't be forced to tour if they don't want to, and right now, she wants to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't know anything about anyone's contracts. But my response was to your post, where you said it was a possibility Christine was only going along with the decision to fire Lindsey because she had a contract she couldn't get out of. You were the one who said contract, not me.
Hmm... Just to add another perspective here, I saw one person on this board asking aloud if perhaps there were penalties associated with not going on tour, and another mansplaining how easy contracts are to get out of.

If you don't know anything about anyone's contracts, maybe "explaining" to all of us how easy they are to get out of isn't the best place to start?

Not to mention claiming to know with certainty that Christine doesn't have any misgivings at all about firing Lindsey.

We know Christine is going on tour with Fleetwood Mac later this year, and we know what she said in the promotional interviews given to CBS and Rolling Stone. That's it.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t see how anyone could fault Christine for staying even if she doesn’t agree with the decision. What else was she going to do? Quit the band and wait for Lindsey to finish his solo tour so that they could do a Buckingham McVie followup in a year or two? She’s going to be 75. Christine made it clear that she wasn’t part of the decision and holds no ill will towards Lindsey. That should be good enough.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-27-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I really don't uunderstand is why Mike Campbell, a great, original guitarist on his own, would want to go on tour playing Lindsey Buckingham songs.
I'm sure he doesn't look at it that way.
He and Lindsey are friends - they wrote and recorded together on 3 separate TP albums.
He'll be playing World Turning and possibly Go Your Own Way. The rest will be Nicks and McVie and Peter Green songs.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Hmm... Just to add another perspective here, I saw one person on this board asking aloud if perhaps there were penalties associated with not going on tour, and another mansplaining how easy contracts are to get out of.

If you don't know anything about anyone's contracts, maybe "explaining" to all of us how easy they are to get out of isn't the best place to start?

Not to mention claiming to know with certainty that Christine doesn't have any misgivings at all about firing Lindsey.

We know Christine is going on tour with Fleetwood Mac later this year, and we know what she said in the promotional interviews given to CBS and Rolling Stone. That's it.
I never said Christine "doesn't have any misgivings at all," I said obviously she agreed with the decision or she wouldn't be touring with them, or participating in interviews.

I don't know of any contracts, haven't seen them, obviously LOL. Neither has elle or anyone else here. But contracts CAN be broken. I didn't say they are, were, or will be, I said they CAN be broken. Christine, like all of them, is of a certain age where health can affect her ability to work. It would not be hard to have a doctor write a medical excuse, if it came to that. Same thing, especially, with John. Plus, any of them could argue that the circumstances have changed since they signed the contract, i.e. another member of the band was fired and replaced by someone new, so this contract is null and void. If the whole band wasn't on board with this, they wouldn't be touring. If Christine wanted out, she could afford a lawyer who could get her out of it, or at least TRY to get her out. She could start a lawsuit. Instead, she's on CBS This Morning talking about Neil and rehearsing for their tour.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with everyone who is saying the tour will sell fine and that a lot of people from the TP camp will show up for Mike. He was indeed a very smart choice.

And it works doubly well for Stevie, who always said she wished she was in the Heartbreakers, that if Tom asked her to join she'd leave FM to join the HB. She's always wanted her music to sound like his, (she hired Jimmy Iovine to help do that) and now she's got one of the key architects of the HB sound in 'her' band.

Elsewhere people are betting that Stop Draggin My Heart Around will be added to the FM set this tour-- maybe even in place of Stand Back (or I think in addition to, but we'll see). It's a Stevie song, Mike co-wrote it, and it's a way to work in a tribute to Tom.

Now that Brett is out on keyboards, I'm waiting to see if she asks Benmont to join and support the tour as well. Then she'll really have the best of FM and the HB.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IDGAF what she has to say. I'd rather hear from the man.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

update on who is Brett going with this fall, from someone close to him (in response to the Brett-Billy leak rumor):

"This is false. Brett isn't in touch with Billy and didn't leak anything to anyone. He's enjoyed working across band and solo projects for many years and loves and supports FM whatever direction the band takes. That said, there's always been a musical & personal brotherhood with Lindsey and he very much looks forward to getting back out on the road with him."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"