User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
unfortunately today, Christine seems to be afraid to stand up for herself or anyone else.

i really have to wonder whether she didn't get a full member benefits when she came back. or she's just tired of all the bs and cannot believe she's right back in it. she needs to walk. unless that will cost her everything she's got for breaking the contract.
There's only one victim in FM.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
It's not like that. I DO have major problems with Lindseys character/behaviour for decades now. But that is ME. The BAND has never had a problem with that, EVER. So since that never was a factor, it wasn't a reason that played into his firing, either. The band does not care about how Lindsey treats his women, period. There is no other motive to fire Lindsey than greed, and you shouldn't try to make it about anything involving morals.

And so - while I absolutely don't like Lindsey as a person, it is still respectless towards him and the fans to fire him like that, because as long as he brought the money, no matter what he did, he was good enough. Until another option for a cashcow was there to milk.
And that is on Mick, John, Christine and (to a lesser extend) on Stevie. I find them all despicable for it.
Somehow I believe John had little to do with this
Old 04-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Christine is supporting Mick. They've been together a long time, and he considers her a 'sister' and all that.

I suspect she's been put in a really crap situation,again thanks to Mick actually. Making decisions while she's not there. If that's the real truth.

I'm just curious about this "majority" rules stuff from Mick. What to him constitutes a majority? Clearly it can't be majority of the band, because even if all 3 (Mick, Stevie, John) agreed he had to go, which is mathematically a majority, one member was not consulted.

So is a majority really "the majority of band members who were in the room at the time"? If so, then a "majority" only needs to be 2 people out of the 3. Again, all fingers point back to Mick and Stevie.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Somehow I believe John had little to do with this
That's what you got here? I rest my case!
Old 04-27-2018, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
but I love that people think she's being held captive to FM by some contract. I mean, she's obviously in complete agreement with the decision or she wouldn't be there. Contracts aren't impossible to get out of, .
you mean like that imaginary contract chiff-queen had to record her solo album at the exact same time Fleetwood Mac needed her to be in the studio with them?

and the contract she didn't have anymore a year later when they kept asking her to join, and she said final "no!" so they went ahead with BuckVie while she was publicly taunting them not to release that album, because, you know, albums don't sell anymore so why waste time and money?

that contract? if it existed why wouldn't she figure out the way to stand with "her" band? you know, the good team player she is??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I kind of like that he hasn't said anything yet..... he's kind of lying in wait, like a ticking time bomb (so to speak) that they just don't know when it will go off.... it kind of doesn't let them fully put all this behind them and move on, because they've got to be braced to respond to whatever he might put out at some point. So it hangs over their heads, as they wait for the other shoe to drop..... they can rehearse, they can tour, but until he gets his side of the story out there it kinda just hangs over them like a black cloud.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That's what you got here? I rest my case!
John voted with Mick. he may be disgusted with the whole bs situation he is in now, but if he hasn't none of them would be here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you mean like that imaginary contract chiff-queen had to record her solo album at the exact same time Fleetwood Mac needed her to be in the studio with them?

and the contract she didn't have anymore a year later when they kept asking her to join, and she said final "no!" so they went ahead with BuckVie while she was publicly taunting them not to release that album, because, you know, albums don't sell anymore so why waste time and money?

that contract? if it existed why wouldn't she figure out the way to stand with "her" band? you know, the good team player she is??
if contracts are easy to get out of, then why did we have a huge band implosion if LB wanted out of a touring contract? or, if as the tv interview quotes Mick, LB held out on signing it in the first place?

She will suddenly have a new found love of recording new music now that she can mold her music into Heartbreakers music.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there are several versions of what happened floating around. in all versions he will not be with the Mac tour this fall.

some versions have him telling the band he cannot stand by their betrayal, calling Billy, and walking away. other versions have him leaking to Billy about LB firing, which made the band furious and Stevie fired him. which in turn led to Christine now being furious with Stevie ["not the boss"] for not even asking her first.

sit back and watch the fireworks.
Oh boy if there’s any truth there, the soap opera behind the scenes is better than anything this glorified cover band can do on a stage
Old 04-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Tru dat.

I don't think she actually played much at BV shows, other than just holding chords. Brett was either playing it, or it was karaoke tracks. I think a LOT of it was karaoke. I'm convinced Hold Me was.
Yeah there is plenty of video evidence where she’d need two hands to play the noise that you’re hearing and she’s scratching her head or something! The karaoke aspect of the shows kept me from being interested. Lindsey mouthing the “why don’t you” parts on Hold Me while the canned tracks played was cringe worthy.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I kind of like that he hasn't said anything yet..... he's kind of lying in wait, like a ticking time bomb (so to speak) that they just don't know when it will go off....
Prophetic lyrics from Lindsey:

I got a bad complication
I keep it to myself
I got some strange information
I can't think of nothin' else
These must be about a million
Single ways to go down
'Cause I'm a lonely stranger
In this time bomb town

I got some strange information
I keep it to myself
I got a bad reputation
I can't think of nothin' else
There must be about a million
Single ways to go down
Oh I'm a lonely stranger
In a time bomb town

Oh there must be about a million
Single ways to go down
Oh I'm a lonely traveler
In this time bomb town

Oh there must be a million people
They're all trying to make it down
'Cause they're just lonely travelers
In this time bomb town
Time bomb town

Old 04-27-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I kind of like that he hasn't said anything yet..... he's kind of lying in wait, like a ticking time bomb (so to speak) that they just don't know when it will go off.... it kind of doesn't let them fully put all this behind them and move on, because they've got to be braced to respond to whatever he might put out at some point. So it hangs over their heads, as they wait for the other shoe to drop..... they can rehearse, they can tour, but until he gets his side of the story out there it kinda just hangs over them like a black cloud.
although they seem to be imploding on their own.

he can just sit back, write some songs, and watch. and release something on itunes or live or somewhere - and soon!!

meanwhile KB is being his Iman, with those nice classy posts every day or 2.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By no means do I think this tour will fail, but I do wonder if it will fare as well as OWTS. My guess is no. So...what will be the gauge for that. When will we know. I don’t plan on going But in the past, i obsessed over presale and wanted to be as close to the front as possible. I’ve been fortunate enough to be front and center as well as right in front of LB and left center between Stevie and Christine. I wonder how the presale for this will go? Will folks wait (I would if I was going). How soon will we see sales and can we assume somewhere there will be a rolling comparison to OWTS. I would love to see that
Old 04-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
By no means do I think this tour will fail, but I do wonder if it will fare as well as OWTS. My guess is no. So...what will be the gauge for that. When will we know. I don’t plan on going But in the past, i obsessed over presale and wanted to be as close to the front as possible. I’ve been fortunate enough to be front and center as well as right in front of LB and left center between Stevie and Christine. I wonder how the presale for this will go? Will folks wait (I would if I was going). How soon will we see sales and can we assume somewhere there will be a rolling comparison to OWTS. I would love to see that

Based on the interest level amongst the Tom Petty fan base, I’m predicting the shows will sell out fast.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't know anything about anyone's contracts. But my response was to your post, where you said it was a possibility Christine was only going along with the decision to fire Lindsey because she had a contract she couldn't get out of. You were the one who said contract, not me. I don't pretend to know whether Christine had a contract, or whether Stevie had a contract to do one more album, and I never said she did.

You say other people are projecting, but you're doing it, too. You say Stevie "was publicly taunting them not to release the album (Buck/Vie), because, you know, albums don't sell anymore." What? How is that taunting them? It may be her opinion that albums don't sell anymore, but how is that statement "taunting" them? It looks like you're projecting, too.

I understand you're angry about Lindsey's firing and I'm not trying to change your mind about it. But just like you say "that imaginary contract chiff-queen had," this contract you say Christine has could also be imaginary. Even calling Stevie 'chiff-head' shows you can't stick to the facts and you're blinded by emotions. It would actually lend you more credibility if you called Stevie by her name, but when you resort to silly name calling, and yes I've heard worse, but it's still childish, it automatically shows you have a slanted pov about the situation.