The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:17 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,046
Default Lindsey hospitalized for emergency heart surgery

https://www.facebook.com/fleetwoodma...type=3&theater
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,678
Default

OMG this is so scary and was Lindsey's biggest fear. He lost his dad and brother to sudden heart attacks at young ages.
I pray for a speedy recovery.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:25 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,046
Default

His neck looks awful. Not sure if that's normal after heart surgery...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmLBHeartHospitalLedge.jpg (91.9 KB, 49 views)
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:43 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 804
Default

Oh this is very sad news, hoping he will be okay..
He has much love and support from his family.
Here’s to a speedy recovery....

Health and happiness really is the most important thing we can have..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:48 PM
BlanketMan BlanketMan is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
Default

Terrible news... hoping for a speedy recovery. Just saw him at the end of November and he looked and sounded so great. You just never know, especially with heart problems. Hopefully he's made it through the most treacherous part and will be OK.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:49 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,724
Default

Man, this last year has been rough for LB and family. I hope he recovers quickly. Hope the vocal chords are ok.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2019, 05:05 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quite a shock and tragic. Hope the heart heals well but the vocal cord story is scary.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:30 PM
justdreamin's Avatar
justdreamin justdreamin is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State
Posts: 128
Default

When I saw the post, one of the first things I thought about after the initial shock was that I wonder if him not being with FM this year had actually saved his life. His own tour, while stressful, was on his terms and probably not as stressful as touring with FM. Would he have been pressured to perform while feeling ill? It's all speculation obviously.
I hope his vocal chords recover, but mostly I'm grateful he's alive and recovering and is there for his family. What a year they've had. Brightest blessings to all.
__________________
...and the moon never beams without bringing me dreams...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
When I saw the post, one of the first things I thought about after the initial shock was that I wonder if him not being with FM this year had actually saved his life. His own tour, while stressful, was on his terms and probably not as stressful as touring with FM. Would he have been pressured to perform while feeling ill? It's all speculation obviously.
I hope his vocal chords recover, but mostly I'm grateful he's alive and recovering and is there for his family. What a year they've had. Brightest blessings to all.
OMG I did not think of that. He was not on tour and more relaxed when this happened. If he was with the Mac, he would have been on tour in some city and stressed. Its possible he could have been critical or even worse.
Everything happens for a reason. Thank goodness Lindsey was not on tour with the Mac
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2019, 07:07 PM
lisarod's Avatar
lisarod lisarod is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 24
Default

Sending lots of love and prayers to our Lindsey. When I first read about this I was so angry at the band. But after reading other posts stating it was perhaps a good thing he was home and not a stressful FM tour I tend to agree. He sure didn't need the stress of being on tour with Stevie...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-08-2019, 07:20 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
Sending lots of love and prayers to our Lindsey. When I first read about this I was so angry at the band. But after reading other posts stating it was perhaps a good thing he was home and not a stressful FM tour I tend to agree. He sure didn't need the stress of being on tour with Stevie...
Based off everything he ever said about it, I think that getting pushed out of the band was probably 10x more stressful than any spats with Stevie. I wouldn’t be surprised if the strain from it over the past year partially contributed to making him sick. That being said, to blame his health conditions on anyone else is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2019, 07:39 PM
lisarod's Avatar
lisarod lisarod is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Based off everything he ever said about it, I think that getting pushed out of the band was probably 10x more stressful than any spats with Stevie. I wouldn’t be surprised if the strain from it over the past year partially contributed to making him sick. That being said, to blame his health conditions on anyone else is ridiculous.
I agree what they did must have caused him massive amounts of stress but I was looking at it in a more fatalistic way. What if this heart attack had happened (on tour w FM) anyway because of his genetic predisposition for heart disease. The stressors of being on the road may have made it much worse!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2019, 07:41 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,769
Default

I believe there is good stress and bad stress and that the physical requirements of touring with the Big Machine is distinct from the emotions involved in being kicked out of the band and feeling anger, hurt, betrayal and depression. I don’t think the ouster was a boon to his health.

I know about his history. After all, Stevie is the one who boasted she handed the phone to him when he got the news that his father died. I think his brother’s death softened estranged relations with the band and caused him to appear at the end of the BTM tour. Yes, this fear has long been lurking. This is a family health problem, but like any other physical element it can be triggered and it was.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:16 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
OMG I did not think of that. He was not on tour and more relaxed when this happened. If he was with the Mac, he would have been on tour in some city and stressed. Its possible he could have been critical or even worse.
Everything happens for a reason. Thank goodness Lindsey was not on tour with the Mac
WTF? He has been SO HEARTBROKEN over this. And yes I hope she's happy now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:54 AM
He's So Unusual's Avatar
He's So Unusual He's So Unusual is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 248
Default

I guess Lindsey's old rock star lifestyle has finally caught up with him. His temper tantrums and fondness for violence must have also put a big strain on his heart.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture1992 Press Photo Gregg Wright Tom Lily Brett Tuggle Billy Thorpe Bekka Bramlett
$19.99
1992 Press Photo Gregg Wright Tom Lily Brett Tuggle Billy Thorpe Bekka Bramlett picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved