User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rock A Little Factor

I just got RAL, and I have been listening to it
Does anyone know what was going though Stevie's mind? The songs have good tunes - but it seems she pahsed out the 'GDW Meets Rhiannon' thing.

From the mellow Sister Honey to the heart wrenching Has Anyone Written Anything For You - I missed the Bella Donna-Gypsy woman
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Rock A Little and was just listening to it the other day while driving around running some errands. I love that album cover too! I had thought for years it was an entire dress until Stevie answered my question on the Nicksfix about it actually being a 2 piece outfit. I think it's cool she still remembers those little tidbits of her career given that she was so messed up and out of it for so many years. For someone that seemed to be so messed up, the woman can still share stories and recall times and places and all the little details. I think she was very aware of everything and still is. And I love her for that.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

of course she remembers it. It was the best time of her life, she always talks about how much fun she had and how much money she spent.
Ask her what happened to her on a random date in 1991 and you'll get a big "duh" from her. THAT's when she was messed up.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well one could ask any of us what happened on a random date in 1991 and we most likely can't remember lol. It's not that we were messed up or anything.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just think she's very reflective of her career and timelining it. We get that from her a lot during these last few tours. I've heard people say how she reacts if you show her a photo from anytime in her career, how she'll pause for a second and stare at it and feel it and maybe share a story of the time and place. I just think that's so wonderful of her.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Meowi;855686]Does anyone know what was going though Stevie's mind?

Lot's of chemical pleasure I would imagine.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
Well one could ask any of us what happened on a random date in 1991 and we most likely can't remember lol. It's not that we were messed up or anything.
I remember 1991 very clearly.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Does anyone know what was going though Stevie's mind? The songs have good tunes - but it seems she pahsed out the 'GDW Meets Rhiannon' thing.

(
That era ended with the song Straight Back.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I remember 1991 very clearly.
So do I. To me the early 90's seemed so boring. Music was changing. Grunge was in. People were changing. Things for me didn't get fun again until about the mid 90's then life seemed to pick back up again. Music was changing, people were fun again
Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post

From the mellow Sister Honey to the heart wrenching Has Anyone Written Anything For You - I missed the Bella Donna-Gypsy woman
Well, I wouldn't call Sister Honey mellow. I think it's one of her best rock out numbers. Now, the title track, Rock A Little, I would say that one is mellow. Anyway, Stevie's life was crashing and burning during the the recording. The fun and happy "Hey, lets get high!" days had turned on her. Also, her love affair with Joe Walsh was coming to an end. So, it was a pretty intense time in her life and I think it shows on that album. I know alot of people think RAL is a big mess but I love it. I think there is a great deal of pain and passion in those songs.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
So do I. To me the early 90's seemed so boring. Music was changing. Grunge was in. People were changing. Things for me didn't get fun again until about the mid 90's then life seemed to pick back up again. Music was changing, people were fun again
I agree with this 100%
Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
Well, I wouldn't call Sister Honey mellow. I think it's one of her best rock out numbers. Now, the title track, Rock A Little, I would say that one is mellow. Anyway, Stevie's life was crashing and burning during the the recording. The fun and happy "Hey, lets get high!" days had turned on her. Also, her love affair with Joe Walsh was coming to an end. So, it was a pretty intense time in her life and I think it shows on that album. I know alot of people think RAL is a big mess but I love it. I think there is a great deal of pain and passion in those songs.
RAL is my favorite solo album. Sister Honey is NOT a mellow song.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Rock A Little but Sister Honey never grew on me. Not in all these years.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
Anyway, Stevie's life was crashing and burning during the the recording. The fun and happy "Hey, lets get high!" days had turned on her. Also, her love affair with Joe Walsh was coming to an end. So, it was a pretty intense time in her life and I think it shows on that album. I know alot of people think RAL is a big mess but I love it. I think there is a great deal of pain and passion in those songs.
You describe it well, Bubba.

Does anyone here remember the Innerview she did in 1986 with Jim Ladd. Past Innerviews were buoyant affairs -- bubbly, giggly, light. But this one was oddly somber & much more straightforward than in times past. Listening to the earlier Innerviews & then listening to this one makes for a weird comparison.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That era ended with the song Straight Back.
Actually that is true, now that I have actually put some thougt into it!