The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Christine be joining them this summer?
Yes 53 89.83%
No. 6 10.17%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
You know what? Sod it. I might try my luck with the tickets again. You never know. Not expecting much, but I'm going to go for it. In 2013 the tour sold out in seconds. I only got a look in cause they announced an extra date due to overwhelming ticket demands. If I can get lucky then I can get lucky again. Who knows?
2013 did not sell out in seconds. Unless you were hoping for row 1 or something.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
2013 did not sell out in seconds. Unless you were hoping for row 1 or something.
Two hours before the Columbus show, tickets were still on sale for as low as $30.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All tickets sold out in the UK, I don't know exactly how quickly. I ended up buying mine through a re-sale site. It was a good seat at not much more than the face value. And there were plenty of seats available on these sites. These tickets are always a bit risky though. I'm not sure I'd want to buy a re-sale ticket for a Christine McVie Fleetwood Mac - imagine if I didn't get in with it - aaaarr!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This time around I think it wont pay to be fussy with seating selection.I just want to get into the venue if even its the nosebleed section or the lawn seats with the staggering drunks spilling their booze on me. I just got to wear my raincoat.LOL....

I see a quick sellout with all 5 present.Plus they probably promote the tour saying Christine is back with the band in the promos.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
This time around I think it wont pay to be fussy with seating selection.I just want to get into the venue if even its the nosebleed section or the lawn seats with the staggering drunks spilling their booze on me. I just got to wear my raincoat.LOL....

I see a quick sellout with all 5 present.Plus they probably promote the tour saying Christine is back with the band in the promos.
Thanks for this^^^ its helpful. I've been pondering on this the last couple of days, and I agree with you, as long as I'm in there I don't care where I am. I really wanted to be able to see them last year, but next time I need to be happy with what ever ticket I can get
Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
All tickets sold out in the UK, I don't know exactly how quickly.
yes, London shows sold out in seconds or minutes. and that was before it was known Christine will show up at those shows.

(legal scalping that i understand is the norm in the UK doesn't help.)

however, front side tickets for all 3 London shows were added a couple of weeks before the actual show, and there were some great tickets available for face value. i love these side tickets because you are close but can also actually see the whole stage and a bit in the back of it. you can see them going in and out from backstage.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, London shows sold out in seconds or minutes. and that was before it was known Christine will show up at those shows.

however, front side tickets for all 3 London shows were added a couple of weeks before the actual show, and there were some great tickets available for face value. i love these side tickets because you are close but can also actually see the whole stage and a bit in the back of it. you can see them going in and out from backstage.
That was the kind of ticket I ended up with, but through a re-sale site - it was a great seat. I did see the tickets that were added a few weeks before but I'd already bought mine. I just don't think this time I'd want to leave it that late. But it did seem to me that there is always a way of getting a ticket, some how.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for this^^^ its helpful. I've been pondering on this the last couple of days, and I agree with you, as long as I'm in there I don't care where I am. I really wanted to be able to see them last year, but next time I need to be happy with what ever ticket I can get
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Yes .With shows selling out in minutes .There is no time to play games looking for the best seats in the house with Ticketbasturd or Livenation with their crappy slow websites when the tix go onsale in the first hour of sale.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I ended up buying mine through a re-sale site.
Any chance of a link to that?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
of course - I used www.seatwave.com. Everything went very smoothly with them (and I think it generally does), but there are cases where tickets never turn up etc. You then get your money back, but you don't get to go - gutted!

I think a better one is www.double8tickets.com. You will probably pay more, but they seem almost guaranteed.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
of course - I used www.seatwave.com. Everything went very smoothly with them (and I think it generally does), but there are cases where tickets never turn up etc. You then get your money back, but you don't get to go - gutted!

I think a better one is www.double8tickets.com. You will probably pay more, but they seem almost guaranteed.
OK cheers mate!

Some good advice a friend gave about getting Foo Fighters tickets which I guess can also apply to this situation: "get online super early, have lots of browsers open and be quick quick quick."

I'm just chomping at the bit now for something about it to be announced now. I know I've seen them already and stuff, I know all that stuff I said before... but DAMMIT I'VE GOT THE TASTE NOW!!!

Last edited by ChickenStu; 01-15-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
I used Stubhub for tix for the Stevie's New York Webster show which got canceled because she was ill.

I received the tix quickly and sent them back for a refund with no hassles and delays. I would use them again.

http://www.stubhub.com/all-tickets/?...FTJo7Aoda0QAKw

Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK cheers mate!

Some good advice a friend gave about getting Foo Fighters tickets which I guess can also apply to this situation: "get online super early, have lots of browsers open and be quick quick quick."

I'm just chomping at the bit now for something about it to be announced now. I know I've seen them already and stuff, I know all that stuff I said before... but DAMMIT I'VE GOT THE TASTE NOW!!!
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to get one somehow
Old 01-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to get one somehow
I've got to get three! Sadly the bloke I went with in 2013 (who's my best friend) isn't down for it this time as he wants to go with his (absolutely super lovely) wife (who I love almost as much as I love him). Which is fair enough. Shame, I'd want it to be him I went with but I respect his wishes. Still my best friend though and we'll always have awesome memories of that night.

Luckily ANOTHER friend of mine who's not quite as into the Mac as I am fancies it. He says while he's not that into them he does like a few of the tunes and a lot of the bands he likes are quite influenced by them. Plus, he is just a sucker for a live gig. I've said if it happens, he's got to seriously get into the Mac on spotify or whatever and bring himself to my level of fandom. I'd also buy him a copy of Rumours. I'd tell him I expect him to know every damn word to every damn song beforehand. I need the person with me to be as big a fan as I am. I was with him today and I played him "Sad Angel". He actually kinda dug it!

The THIRD ticket is for the woman next door. She's an absolute MAC NUT. It's funny. Quite often I'll be listening to the Mac in the kitchen and I'll turn it off - only to hear it blasting out the window from next door! Something we both often laugh about. I felt really guilty for not finding a way to make it possible for her to join me in 2013 (I honestly just didn't think).

So that's three.

This is what I have to make happen.

Last edited by ChickenStu; 01-15-2014 at 02:32 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've got to get three! Sadly the bloke I went with in 2013 (who's my best friend) isn't down for it this time as he wants to go with his (absolutely super lovely) wife (who I love almost as much as I love him). Which is fair enough. Shame, I'd want it to be him I went with but I respect his wishes. Still my best friend though and we'll always have awesome memories of that night.

Luckily ANOTHER friend of mine who's not quite as into the Mac as I am fancies it. He says while he's not that into them he does like a few of the tunes and a lot of the bands he likes are quite influenced by them. Plus, he is just a sucker for a live gig. I've said if it happens, he's got to seriously get into the Mac on spotify or whatever and bring himself to my level of fandom. I'd also buy him a copy of Rumours. I'd tell him I expect him to know every damn word to every damn song beforehand. I need the person with me to be as big a fan as I am. I was with him today and I played him "Sad Angel". He actually kinda dug it!

The THIRD ticket is for the woman next door. She's an absolute MAC NUT. It's funny. Quite often I'll be listening to the Mac in the kitchen and I'll turn it off - only to hear it blasting out the window from next door! Something we both often laugh about. I felt really guilty for not finding a way to make it possible for her to join me in 2013 (I honestly just didn't think).

So that's three.

This is what I have to make happen.
I'm sure its still possible! Just do what Stevie would do - pray to the God of Concert Ticket Sales