Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Lindsey told USA Today:

"The next album will be a mix of things. We've done some strange things with one of Christine's songs already. It's going to sound like Fleetwood Mac but not overly retro. It's not that we're making any bold effort to sound like somebody else. Some of what we've done in the past has reference points that have come back, and what might have seemed retro is more relevant in today's market."

Christine told Rolling Stone:

"Well, the plan is we’re going to start rehearsing in July and go on the road in September. The tour starts in Chicago and we head west and come back east again, finish at Christmas and pick up end of January and complete America and we can do the world, really. And there’s a studio album somewhere in the mix too. We’re playing around in studios now."
Definitive? Not.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Definitive? Not.
Other than giving us a title and a release date, what's more definitive than discussing their current studio work in terms of the "next album?"
Old 03-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
They are going to play old songs and it's fine with me. Their catalogue is deep enough to do old songs in a fresh set list.
They didn't just play old songs on the Dance, or even this last tour. I think there will probably be 1 new song per songwriter. Lindsey also suggested each songwriter will also be pulling out lesser known songs from their classic albums, too. So I'm guessing we'll be getting to hear more album tracks along the lines of Storms, Beautiful Child, etc.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Other than giving us a title and a release date, what's more definitive than discussing their current studio work in terms of the "next album?"
Yeah, they aren't saying "well, we've done a few things, but we're not sure what will come of it" which is pretty much what they said about the EP. They're actually referring to it as the next album. Seems pretty definitive to me. It'll happen eventually. They say they've talked about plans for the next few years. They're not just going to go on tour after tour without new music.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 03-28-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah, they aren't saying "well, we've done a few things, but we're not sure what will come of it" which is pretty much what they said about the EP. They're actually referring to it as the next album. Seems pretty definitive to me. It'll happen eventually. They say they've talked about plans for the next few years. They're not just going to go on tour after tour without new music.
Well, if they don't put out their new album out before this new tour, then this will be the 3rd tour in a row without new music. So apparently they are doing it.

And from these articles that came out in the last day or so, it seems the setlist will essentially be the same as the dance, and out of 29 or so songs maybe 6 the most will be different.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Well, if they don't put out their new album out before this new tour, then this will be the 3rd tour in a row without new music. So apparently they are doing it.

And from these articles that came out in the last day or so, it seems the setlist will essentially be the same as the dance, and out of 29 or so songs maybe 6 the most will be different.
I mean touring one after the other. Not touring and then breaking for a few years. They say they've discussed the bands plans for the next few years and I can't imagine going to go on one tour after another after another for the next few years without releasing something.

They can always justify touring after taking a few years off, but I don't think they can justify constant touring. This tour likely wouldn't be happening if not for Christine. She's the justification this time.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 03-28-2014 at 02:53 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
They can always justify touring after taking a few years off, but I don't think they can justify constant touring. This tour likely wouldn't be happening if not for Christine. She's the justification this time.
I still do wonder what the purpose of this tour is, exactly. They don't have any new material to promote yet, and they just toured behind the oldies last year. Is this tour to reintroduce the world to Fleetwood Mac with Christine again? Are they priming Christine for a full return with touring as the first step? Are they building interest in the band again so they can release the studio album? Is this all just a wind up for one last mega 2-3 year tour-then-retirement cash infusion? It's all just a bit odd to me.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Thanks so much for posting! It was the first chance I had to see the interview. It actually made me weepy, in a good way. To see these people back together again in such harmony and peace with each other is extremely gratifying. They all look really well and seem like they are in great spirits. It does feel more complete now, with a few more good chapters for this band to write. I am so excited and can't wait to see, and hear what's to come!

No problem,Yes they all look great.They are like a family .

I'm glad I started recording at 7am. I was surprised they had the interview that early on the show.I figure after 9:30am.

They were playing FM tunes and video clips on some of the intros and outros up the the interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_01701 View Post
Dam NBC Today Banner is blocking a good portion of the interview, nevertheless here is the you tube URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=C14ktq...layer_embedded

If the link fails to work search you tube with "FM on TV 03272014" BTW, Mick interrupts Steve constant talking, and speaks into the microphone about the real story on the piano
Yes I agree .Why NBC had to use the big banner in the interview.Yes that was funny when Mick was right into the mike.Stevie was a comic too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I still do wonder what the purpose of this tour is, exactly.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
THIS IS 100% ACCURATE.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
They didn't just play old songs on the Dance, or even this last tour. I think there will probably be 1 new song per songwriter. Lindsey also suggested each songwriter will also be pulling out lesser known songs from their classic albums, too. So I'm guessing we'll be getting to hear more album tracks along the lines of Storms, Beautiful Child, etc.
Those Stevie songs have been played the last few tours. Not sure Stevie would go deeper than that. Seven Wonders? Since Stevie didn't write it, I doubt it.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's very interesting Stevie has said nothing about an album. The Today Show would have a great opportunity to talk about the record. Crickets. They are being vague because there is no direction or commitment by all members. I would be excited if they were all talking about it and seemed into it. Calling it a "mix" could mean they lump it with that EP. Maybe they cut some new songs to add to another....wait for it...live album.

I don't care either way. I just want the tour. A full Mac album would just be icing on the cake.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those Stevie songs have been played the last few tours. Not sure Stevie would go deeper than that. Seven Wonders? Since Stevie didn't write it, I doubt it.
Maybe "Angel".
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love "Angel". That would be great.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's very interesting Stevie has said nothing about an album. The Today Show would have a great opportunity to talk about the record. Crickets. They are being vague because there is no direction or commitment by all members. I would be excited if they were all talking about it and seemed into it. Calling it a "mix" could mean they lump it with that EP. Maybe they cut some new songs to add to another....wait for it...live album.

I don't care either way. I just want the tour. A full Mac album would just be icing on the cake.
I don't think using the word "mix" to refer to the format of the album, but rather musically what they're doing with the songs and how they sound. If you use the context of surrounding sentence that's what sounds like.