User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Curious why you think they will want to knock on his door. According to the Billboard article posted by Kak125 on the Present Band forum, the tour is on track to gross a hundred million dollars on the North American leg. They don't seem to be hurting.
Who talked about them wanting Lindsey to join the band? They seem to be doing perfectly fine without him. This has nothing to do with money. They used to be a family. Or at least that's what Stevie & co. pretended us to believe for so many years. Nice joke it was.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
What some people don't get is that she wanted to get back at him. For what? Well, only she knows, but this was a calculated and well planned revenge.

I'm sure she wasn't counting on the heart attack, but he survived and she said two or three stupid words and that was it. She thought she was ok with fans. She's not.
I’m not convinced it didn’t start with that stupid Bob Dylan comment. She literally brought it up a decade later and was still pissed about it.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine and John should both be ashamed.
You often said that Mick would sell Biddy if he could get a buck for her. I was actually wondering if he truly loved his sisters the other day. I know Christine loves her brother John and parents, but I don't know what she thinks of the other younger half brother. But anyway, I thought through fights and fits that they all had a familial attachment. Not true. The affection that I thought was there was illusion.

When they made that one appearance after The Dance was over, Christine said they all got in their cars and drove away. She said they'd said their goodbyes before, so there was nothing else to say. That kind of shocked me, especially since she was leaving the band for good. I thought she would say they hugged and cried. But that's not who they are. I shrugged it off then, thinking I was misreading things. I wasn't. They are not family.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Who talked about them wanting Lindsey to join the band? They seem to be doing perfectly fine without him. This has nothing to do with money. They used to be a family. Or at least that's what Stevie & co. pretended us to believe for so many years. Nice joke it was.
.... And I am a fool, once more...
Old 03-19-2019, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I accept that Lindsey got mad because Rhiannon was played. He was irate. Didn't throw a guitar this time -- which is progress for him. My response is: so what. It didn't merit being fired from the band. I'd as soon they throw Mick out, name it Mac and bring in Don Henley to play drums.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who talked about them wanting Lindsey to join the band? They seem to be doing perfectly fine without him.
Honestly, more people seem to be going to that dumb concert than ever went before. There is one person I follow who is a Stevie Nicks fan, but she doesn't have money to go to the concert, so she doesn't post about it. She just posts old Stevie lyrics constantly.

But then there are other people I have followed for years and they never even mentioned Fleetwood Mac before. Real estate agents, stylists, restaurant owners, broadcasters, models. All of the sudden they are rushing to see that show. My realtor posted a picture of the penguins in top hats back drop on her Instagram and I honestly didn't recognize it. It was so out of context for her. She said she gave her husband an "experience" gift for his birthday and took him to see FM. What? Dante's inferno would be more of an "experience" to me. But it's amazing to me that all of these people are rushing to the concert.

I'm beginning to think Lindsey really was holding them back all this time.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I accept that Lindsey got mad because Rhiannon was played. He was irate. Didn't throw a guitar this time -- which is progress for him. My response is: so what. It didn't merit being fired from the band. I'd as soon they throw Mick out, name it Mac and bring in Don Henley to play drums.
No, apparently it was the smirk, which is as ridiculous as the Rhiannon thing. And especially because Christine and Mick were making fun of her as much as Lindsey, or even more. But of course they're not Lindsey. Which only proves she was waiting for the perfect opportunity to get rid of him.

I'm glad it's finally all out in the open. It was since April 9th, 2018. But it was easier to believe Lindsey was the bad guy and Stevie the victim.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’m not convinced it didn’t start with that stupid Bob Dylan comment. She literally brought it up a decade later and was still pissed about it.
I'm pretty new around here and am spotty with my fandom (ebbed and flowed through the decades). I don't recall this comment. Can someone explain the Bob Dylan comment and the Rhiannon thing people have referred to? Thanks in advance for insights.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I'm pretty new around here and am spotty with my fandom (ebbed and flowed through the decades). I don't recall this comment. Can someone explain the Bob Dylan comment and the Rhiannon thing people have referred to? Thanks in advance for insights.
In the Destiny Rules documentary (showing the recording of the Say You Will album), there was a scene with Lindsey not agreeing with Stevie changing tense during the lyrics of a song and Stevie said "you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" (or something to that effect) referencing Dylan's sometimes unusual song structures. The Rhiannon thing I believe has to do with supposedly Lindsey throwing a tantrum because the Musicares announcement music played when the band came to the stage was a Stevie song. At this point I don't even remember where we heard that from. Was there ever official confirmation on it? (Edit, was this something Azoff said?)

Last edited by Feather Blade; 03-19-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Curious why you think they will want to knock on his door. According to the Billboard article posted by Kak125 on the Present Band forum, the tour is on track to gross a hundred million dollars on the North American leg. They don't seem to be hurting.
My comment has nothing to do with money and everything to do with human decency. Mick and Christine confirmed Stevie made them do it. Unless she’s picking their friends now, I would hope 40+ years of “friendship” and hauling Micks a$$ out of bankruptcy more times that one can count warrants at least some type of resolution, on the personal level. But this is human decency and it’s apparent that is sorely lacking amongst FM
Old 03-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
In the Destiny Rules documentary (showing the recording of the Say You Will album), there was a scene with Lindsey not agreeing with Stevie changing tense during the lyrics of a song and Stevie said "you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" (or something to that effect) referencing Dylan's sometimes unusual song structures. The Rhiannon thing I believe has to do with supposedly Lindsey throwing a tantrum because the Music Cares announcement music played when the band came to the stage was a Stevie song. At this point I don't even remember where we heard that from. Was there ever official confirmation on it?
Thanks for the quick info. I do remember that part of the DVD now that you remind me.

I am definitely #TeamLindsey though I do think it's ridiculous that he was upset that they played Rhiannon at MusiCares. Look where it got him. That song has been popular since 1975 and he still found it offensive in 2018? If only he'd held his temper/frustrations in check that night... but would it have mattered? Probably not. *sigh* Hindsight is great, isn't it.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's from the Destiny Rules documentary. Lindsey and Stevie were working on one of Stevie's songs and Lindsey (diplomatically) suggested she alter some of the phrasing as she was mixing tenses. Stevie retorted with the immortal line 'Would you say that to Bob Dylan'.
The fact he dared 'criticize' her was a big no-no and she took it very personally- She never let it drop even though it should have been a relatively minor, no-big deal thing.

The Rhiannon thing refers to the music that was played as they were introduced at the Musicares event. Lindsey felt they shouldn't have played Rhiannon. I'm not sure whether he wanted a neutral song as they entered such as The Chain or no music at all. Apparently there was an argument about it but to what extent? who knows?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-19-2019, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
My comment has nothing to do with money and everything to do with human decency. Mick and Christine confirmed Stevie made them do it. Unless she’s picking their friends now, I would hope 40+ years of “friendship” and hauling Micks a$$ out of bankruptcy more times that one can count warrants at least some type of resolution, on the personal level. But this is human decency and it’s apparent that is sorely lacking amongst FM
During the course of this whole situation there were some who seemed to think (hope?) that the band would fail spectacularly without Lindsey (and they would come crawling back to beg him to bail them out). I apologize for inadvertently lumping you in with that crowd. There were some comments just now about how the band "would come knocking on his door" and I assumed that was what you meant as well. However, I don't know that I'd assume any of them really socialize outside the structure of a tour. I would imagine they are friendly on the job, but after all these years, probably don't care to see each other much once a tour wraps. In that respect, I don't know that there will be any door knocking for any of them.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 03-19-2019 at 02:07 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the quick info. I do remember that part of the DVD now that you remind me.

I am definitely #TeamLindsey though I do think it's ridiculous that he was upset that they played Rhiannon at MusiCares. Look where it got him. That song has been popular since 1975 and he still found it offensive in 2018? If only he'd held his temper/frustrations in check that night... but would it have mattered? Probably not. *sigh* Hindsight is great, isn't it.
I don’t think Lindsey was offended by the song. They performed a sparser version as Buckingham Nicks and he spent s long time crafting it into the powerhouse it now is. I think he was upset because it was done (by Karen?) without him knowing anything about it and he wanted something more representative of the group as a whole. He’s been known to object to s Mojo magazine cover for similar reasons
Old 03-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
he wanted something more representative of the group as a whole
No, he wanted no walkout music at all. It's not normal for bands to walk out to their own recorded music and then perform music.