Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default TODAY Show Concert 10/9/14

This is probably too early to post this info but for those that want to attend, I've compiled some preliminary info.

• You first need to go to http://visit.today.com/ to RSVP for the event. Fleetwood Mac is appearing on the show on October 9th. Once you're registered they will send you a confirmation email prior to the event.
  • Fan Passes: NBC apparently gives a limited number of these out two weeks prior to the concert through a lottery. You have to be subscribed to the Concert Series Newsletter in order to hear about these. Visit this website http://www.today.com/toyotaconcertse...aqs-8C11358051 for more information.
  • The Today Show recommends getting to Rockefeller Plaza around 5 a.m. Eastern Time to secure a good spot near the stage. Bands sometimes do soundchecks in front of fans. The musical guests usually appear on the show on or around 8-9am.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
This is probably too early to post this info but for those that want to attend, I've compiled some preliminary info.

• You first need to go to http://visit.today.com/ to RSVP for the event. Fleetwood Mac is appearing on the show on October 9th. Once you're registered they will send you a confirmation email prior to the event.
  • Fan Passes: NBC apparently gives a limited number of these out two weeks prior to the concert through a lottery. You have to be subscribed to the Concert Series Newsletter in order to hear about these. Visit this website http://www.today.com/toyotaconcertse...aqs-8C11358051 for more information.
  • The Today Show recommends getting to Rockefeller Plaza around 5 a.m. Eastern Time to secure a good spot near the stage. Bands sometimes do soundchecks in front of fans. The musical guests usually appear on the show on or around 8-9am.
cool, thanks for the info!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
hahaha you're right - maybe too early, but I was so excited the morning they announced it that I immediately went online and out in my RSVP!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[/LIST]
I remember some fans did this for the SYW appearance on the Today show. It must have been exciting to see the pre-show preparations. But COLD. Brrrrr.

Michele
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
hahaha you're right - maybe too early, but I was so excited the morning they announced it that I immediately went online and out in my RSVP!
That's interesting because when I went to do mine there is no form to fill out. You're given a calendar to pick the date but then I'm only shown this below. I'm wondering if it's so far out or MAYBE because it's on a Thursday, maybe we have to wait until then.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.PNG (38.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I remember some fans did this for the SYW appearance on the Today show. It must have been exciting to see the pre-show preparations. But COLD. Brrrrr.

Michele
Yeah, everyone looked absolutely freezing in that fan footage. Lindsey's poor widdle nose was red and Stevie was wrapped up damn heavily. I mean, Lindsey even wore a scarf!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was having trouble registering yesterday and I emailed NBC about it. I couldn't fill out the form for Oct. 9th since there was none to fill out. (see my earlier post).

They got back to me today saying that an RSVP is not required but that you can register once you get to the Plaza that morning. I'm still going to try though.
Quote:

Hi Sierra,

We were having issues with our registration system, but I believe it’s fixed now. If it still doesn’t work for you though, you can always register once you get to the plaza that morning. It’s an optoinal process that helps us anticpate who’s coming that day, but certianly not necessary. Looking forward to meeting you!

All the best,

Alex
Old 04-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Went on Today show site again and found this little tidbit when trying to register:

Hovering over any of the other dates does not produce that message. Too early or sold out is the question.