User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Time precious could possibly be the worst song I have ever heard, Now ive only heard it about 4 times and its just very hard to listen to. Its only my opinion and I already know loads of you will totally disagree and thats fine. I think i dislike it as much as chiliD dislikes (if thats a strong enough word) Lindseys version of Here Comes The Sun.
I just hope it grows on me over time. Like Not too Late did.

However its on a cd next one of the best songs I've heard in ages and ages.

Meaning. . . "Did You Miss Me"?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Meaning. . . "Did You Miss Me"?
Well yeah its great too, but love runs deeper is definately the best song on the CD, it and Right place to fade. Which still sounds like "Twist of fate" to me.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I wouldn't share it anyway. You are putting words into my mouth and I don't know why. But I was saying even if I wanted to (which I don't) I couldn't, I was just trying to be nice about it. So quote my post if you like, but even gyspysoul said the same thing and you didn't attack her. For the record, I've never shared stuff I've got for review on the internet and never will.

What irks me about it, is that you are such a huge, huge hypocrite about this mentioning it and yes, getting holier than thou about it. I've never requested songs or albums you can actually buy on this board, yet you've done so many times. You even got the whole Camper Van Beethoven Tusk album off someone on this board, even though I gave you a link to where you could buy it, and there's a great band who could do with some support. You said you liked that album, did you go buy it afterwards? I would hope so anyway.
All this rant of yours prooves to me Sharon is that you have been watching and waiting to try to get even with me because you got banned a few months ago for harassing me. And you did say that you couldn't share GOS because of a watermark and for no other reason. You are a vindictive person. You never even apologized to me for all the harassment you gave me in the past. All you said was don't pm you cause you have me on ignore. Well you should follow that advice and just ignore me now.But you won't. You're looking for a fight.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Right you two, quit messin around or you will both get chucked off.
If you have nothing nice to say to each other dont say anything at all.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
All this rant of yours prooves to me Sharon is that you have been watching and waiting to try to get even with me because you got banned a few months ago for harassing me. And you did say that you couldn't share GOS because of a watermark and for no other reason. You are a vindictive person. You never even apologized to me for all the harassment you gave me in the past. All you said was don't pm you cause you have me on ignore. Well you should follow that advice and just ignore me now.But you won't. You're looking for a fight.

That's not fair. You made the remark and quoted me in the first place!
You're trying to paint me as someone who would rip off Lindsey which isn't true at all. How am I vindictive by responding to an accusation?
Old 09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Oh, whatever. The album will leak on the torrent sites before its official release. In fact, I'm hoping/counting on it, since I'm seeing Lindsey in concert on one of the first shows of the tour.
I'm sure a lot of people will since the tour starts before the CD is released.

Last edited by trackaghost; 09-01-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well If it comes out early on torrent I will definately download it. However I vision this and being acceptable because I have already Pre-Ordered the CD anyway. Two in fact
I dont think downloading it free off a torrent site is morally wrong either if you have already paid for and pre ordered the official CD. Which i'm sure many of the ledge members will probably do.

Is that okay ???? I'd say so.

I'm hardly gonna stop collecting my Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac CD's just because Torrents make them free. NO Way!!!
Sure How much is a CD these days.................... 6-7 ish.

Last edited by Madness Fades; 09-01-2008 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're trying to paint me as someone who would rip off Lindsey which isn't true at all. How am I vindictive by responding to an accusation?
Hey Sharon..

It just sounds like you both just need to sort this out off list, via PM. I know you both have good intentions, and no harm done on either end..

Hugs,

Arlene

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Happy Labor Day Sharon. We shouldn't work so hard.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The ethics "discussion" (and I use that term loosely) going on in this thread needs to end...take it to PM if you have any other comments please. Let's move on.

Thank you.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Back to reviews....

Bloomberg.com (of all places)

Lindsey Buckingham

Another musician who defined the sound of West Coast rock is Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

His latest solo release is beautifully crafted, with just a touch of the experimentation he showed on group efforts such as ``Rumours'' and ``Tusk,'' which he called his first solo LP.

Buckingham, now 58, has gone his own way musically for a long time -- the new CD is titled ``Gift of Screws,'' a recherche reference to an Emily Dickinson poem that shows up in its chorus. At the same time, he has always retained enough of a mainstream sound to keep Fleetwood Mac fans on board.

I had the review copy a month ago: It won't be released until Sept. 16, but give it an early mention for the Wilson comparison. There's a lot of Californian contemplation, echoes of the author's main band and one of the best tracks is called ``Bel Air Rain.''

This is a mid-pace collection, with lots of guitar flourishes and layered vocals. It retains a mellow feel, as if Buckingham went into his home studio after a long meditation and with mature determination to do exactly what he wanted to.

Rating: ** 1/2.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post

Rating: ** 1/2.
Uh, is that supposed to be good? Was it out of 3 stars? I never understand when some reviewers go on and on in glowing terms and then gives out meager stars/numerals/dots as if to say "I have the power."

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Uh, is that supposed to be good? Was it out of 3 stars? I never understand when some reviewers go on and on in glowing terms and then gives out meager stars/numerals/dots as if to say "I have the power."
If you follow the link, it states this:

What the Stars Mean:
**** Excellent
*** Good
** Average
* Poor
(No stars) Worthless

I think rating stars are super silly anyway, for anything. Feels like Kindergarten.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/albu...ws_rssfeed

Quote:
On this album's opener, "Great Day," there's an electric-guitar solo so blowtorch-hot, it seems specifically designed to bitch-slap anyone with the nerve to wonder if Lindsey Buckingham still rocks. Buckingham's 2006 comeback, Under the Skin, was largely a reflective, parlor-room affair, full of self-doubt and dazzling acoustic playing, and here, the mood is still darkly introspective: "Suicide days, suicide, suicide nights/In the wheelchair almost blind," he sings on "Wait for You." But the sound under him is a wild roadhouse blues with the signature groove of old bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Fleetwood's drumming also powers "The Right Place to Fade," a classic Mac-style hook barrage with a strummy "Go Your Own Way" gallop and a head-kicking harmony chorus. Elsewhere, things are more subdued: "Time Precious Time" is a spiraling incantation that's nearly psych folk. Old rubberneckers may ponder whether songs like "Did You Miss Me" address Buckingham's former paramour Stevie Nicks. But who cares? What matters here isn't that he used to be in Fleetwood Mac it's that he can still make music nearly as bright.
It gets 3.5 stars.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Thanks for the tip, Peetsie. Your link didn't seem to work, so here it is for others who may have had the same problem:
RS: Gift of Screws Review

The posting is dated 9/18/08. Damn, I wish I could jump into the future too!