Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From a brand new interview with Lindsey, which can be found at http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/...w-album-plans/

"We never envisioned finishing the album in the short term," [Buckingham] said. "We set it aside. Stevie will come in and participate. I have material I had been working on. There’s no danger that it will slip between the tracks. It’s too profound to."
Old 10-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Looks like this LB interview NIXES all the Mick MeetnGreet Rumours...and on another note...Stevie got her TOP TEN debut @#7 of 24 K Gold according to Billboard with sales of 33K...
Old 10-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Maybe Stevie is hurt they didn't wait for her. Chris comes back and now Lindsey and Chris are the best of friends. We all know the "Musical Love" of Stevie's life is Lindsey. This may have very well struck a nerve. I think the three songwriters are so confident in their work, they know each are despensable. Ego's are a fragile part of them so it seems.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
From a brand new interview with Lindsey, which can be found at http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/...w-album-plans/

"We never envisioned finishing the album in the short term," [Buckingham] said. "We set it aside. Stevie will come in and participate. I have material I had been working on. There’s no danger that it will slip between the tracks. It’s too profound to."
This very well could be calming all the PR a album without Stevie would get... She still may NOT be on board.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
This very well could be calming all the PR a album without Stevie would get... She still may NOT be on board.
Indeed.

Seems a bit like PR to me as well as it does fly in the face of earlier comments about them getting the album out early 2015. (When I typed that I mistakenly typed 2105--- how ironic!)

He's walking it back. He may be just parsing his words… maybe they didn't 'expect' it to be out sooner, but they sure as hell 'hoped' it would be, given their earlier comments.

YMMV
Old 10-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
Lindsey isn't one to pull punches (note his little aside that Stevie being "otherwise engaged" has been a "running commentary these days.").

If Stevie still weren't on board for the album, he would most definitely have said so.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Seems a bit like PR to me as well as it does fly in the face of earlier comments about them getting the album out early 2015.
They haven't mentioned "early 2015" for months now, and instead began saying that they hoped to have it out "sometime after this tour."

I think the minute they (and their managers) saw that this tour was selling out, they began to discuss adding dates in early 2015. Shifting their time-table for the album, of course.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
They haven't mentioned "early 2015" for months now, and instead began saying that they hoped to have it out "sometime after this tour."

I think the minute they (and their managers) saw that this tour was selling out, they began to discuss adding dates in early 2015. Shifting their time-table for the album, of course.
At the meet and greet in Boston, Mick said that there had "never been any doubt" that they would go to Europe on this tour.

Plus, I couldn't imagine them getting Christine back and then not going to Europe. So, I don't think the early 2015 date holds... or ever really did when they set out to tour.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 10-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It makes the most financial sense for them, (and for the album). To tour the crap out of "Chris is Back", then release and album and tour on it's back. The whole process would likely take 2-3 years. With the group....possibly riding off into the sunset at that point.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey isn't one to pull punches (note his little aside that Stevie being "otherwise engaged" has been a "running commentary these days.").

If Stevie still weren't on board for the album, he would most definitely have said so.
You don't think this is his way of strong arming Stevie into recording? It seems he has wanted a new Mac album with all of his being for several years now, and that sentiment has only exponentially magnified since Christine's return. I completely agree that Lindsey firmly steps around making proclamations until they're tested & ready to go- but this could just be his desperation talking this time. For what it's worth, I think you're right- Lindsey doesn't mince words when it comes to these sorts of announcements. Whereas if it had been Mick, we could not take this at face value.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
You don't think this is his way of strong arming Stevie into recording?
No, I don't think so. Like I mentioned earlier, Lindsey said months ago that Stevie had "assured them" she'd be ready and available to record after the tour. To me, Lindsey's newest statement just seems like further confirmation of that.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I take his comments as meaning he expects Stevie to participate, not that she's committed to doing so yet. They're not unlike his comments about a BN album. It will happen ... some day.

Christine, in the past, has also said that Stevie would put in her parts on the album eventually. Stevie hasn't said that yet.

I eventually thought Stevie would get on board as well myself, just as I thought she would certainly tour when Mick gave that Playboy interview. He knew she was going to do it all along, but was pressing for a commitment. That's what I thought this whole album thing was like. I feel differently now about her being on the album, because the new tour dates have been released. Once this tour ends, I don't see Stevie participating in an album after the tour.

The best bet for her participation would have been between two segments of a tour. Now, when this tour ends in 2015, I don't see them getting her in the studio for another 2 years. Saying they might do an album in 2017 is as good as saying there are no album plans at all, really. So, if they think they will be doing an album in 2015, I wish they would say so. If it's 2016, say that. If there are actually concrete plans out there, I wish they'd say so. They need a deadline and if Stevie isn't willing to commit by that deadline, I hope they are willing to go forward, anyway.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Do you honestly believe that there's a remote chance Stevie Nicks won't be on the next Fleetwood Mac album? Do you honestly believe that she did an album of previously leaked demos (most of which she found on YouTube) in less than a month (fastest album she's ever done) for any other reason than she wanted to fulfill a contract so that she could spend the foreseeable future with Fleetwood Mac?
Yes I honestly believe she had other reasons for doing the album. I think she wanted it out in time for the FM tour. And I think the "foreseeable future" she plans on spending with FM ends when the tour ends. Unless she can be coerced into doing an album -- which hasn't happened yet.

The conflict between the promotion of FM and the promotion of a Stevie solo album really has never existed. If there was ever a tension between what WB wanted Stevie to promote, it might have been back when Bella Donna debuted, but it really has never existed since then. Stevie has always talked about FM projects at the same time she has promoted her solo stuff.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Christine brings up the fact that they've worked on stuff already and NO ONE CARES. She seems to bring it up in every interview (unsolicited) with nary a follow up question. That's regarding stuff that's already happened that she could easily talk about. Stevie saying she'll be part of an album at some later date that everyone else already has committed to is a non-issue as far as the media is concerned.
True. Indeed, the fact that she hasn't said she'll be part of an album that everyone else in the band is talking about is what would be the only issue for the media, if they picked up on the omission. That is when they would ask follow up questions about the not-to-be album. Stevie saying, "Yes, when this tour is over, FM is going to release an album," would not even create a blip in any 24K interviews.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

No offense meant to anyone, but I think folks are reading way too much into things. Twice now, Lindsey has said that Stevie will be participating/has assured the band of such -- and we're still debating whether or not she's really given a commitment, only because she hasn't confirmed it to the press.

I firmly believe that if Stevie had not given some form of concrete commitment to the band, in regards to this album, Lindsey would be saying, "We still don't know if Stevie's going to participate, but we're not going to allow this music to fall through the cracks."

If Fleetwood Mac is certain she's going to participate, there's really no reason for us to believe otherwise. Whether she's bothered to say as much in her interviews, or not.