The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a nice song but totally forgettable. Of course I'm buying a couple copies of this album but it's a sympathy fuccccckkk. Not expecting much after the three singles.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It's a nice song but totally forgettable. Of course I'm buying a couple copies of this album but it's a sympathy fuccccckkk. Not expecting much after the three singles.
unless there are some masterpieces yet unheard I will pay for the remainder of the download on Amazon.I am afraid that the critic for MOJO was probably right though in singling out In My World as the best song so not expecting much,

Old 05-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG the Stevie fans keep saying how bad it is. It's not. I think they are very protective of Stevie's decision and want this SO badly to be so bad.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
OMG the Stevie fans keep saying how bad it is. It's not. I think they are very protective of Stevie's decision and want this SO badly to be so bad.
I'm not a Stevie fan at this moment and it's her fault they never worked on this album more. The album is probably not going to be bad. It's just probably going to be forgettable.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was very disenchanted with La Nicks for not participating but I refuse to call a piece of sh&t a birthday cake.These songs range from the passable to the abominable .I wish they were better I wanted this album to be good.Also I have been a Fleetwood Mac fan since the 1970s before Bella Donna was even a gleam in the caped crusader's eye.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, don't say that! When I said it, I was told it was just my imagination.

For the record, I agree.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not a Stevie fan at this moment and it's her fault they never worked on this album more. The album is probably not going to be bad. It's just probably going to be forgettable.
The album was probably gonna be the same. Honestly I don't think she could have added much more.
I'm not gonna say I'm happy she didn't participate, but it was her choice and I'm happy with what we have so far. The reasons she didn't participate have nothing to do with the quality of the songs. She's not THAT good, no matter what her fans want to think.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The album was probably gonna be the same. Honestly I don't think she could have added much more.
I'm not gonna say I'm happy she didn't participate, but it was her choice and I'm happy with what we have so far. The reasons she didn't participate have nothing to do with the quality of the songs. She's not THAT good, no matter what her fans want to think.
You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm not talking about what she contributes creatively. I'm saying more production and thought would of went into this album if she were on it. It would of been considered a "real" release, probably the final Fleetwood Mac album. This album sounds a little like an after thought so far. Like they stopped working it and just said let's just release what we have and get it done with.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm not talking about what she contributes creatively. I'm saying more production and thought would of went into this album if she were on it. It would of been considered a "real" release, probably the final Fleetwood Mac album. This album sounds a little like an after thought so far. Like they stopped working it and just said let's just release what we have and get it done with.
Haven't they been tinkering & working on this & polishing it up for 4 years now? Didn't Mick lead us to believe that they had a practical masterpiece on their hands; music that was too good to go unheard? I think they were done working on it, and if Stevie would have participated they would have just added her vocals to those songs & produced three of hers. JMHO.
*Ricoh*
Old 05-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Haven't they been tinkering & working on this & polishing it up for 4 years now? Didn't Mick lead us to believe that they had a practical masterpiece on their hands; music that was too good to go unheard? I think they were done working on it, and if Stevie would have participated they would have just added her vocals to those songs & produced three of hers. JMHO.
*Ricoh*
Exactly..since when did Stevie have a major hand in the production of a Fleetwood Mac album and the implication that the others are too poor to afford all the bells and whistles it takes to polish up an album without Stevie in the mix is absurd.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So far I enjoy Lindsey's 2 songs more than Christine's one song. I really was expecting the opposite effect.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Exactly. And for the record, I'm a Stevie fan and I WANT this album to do well - for them, and selfishly for me, so Stevie can do more solo stuff.
And those of you blaming Stevie for this not being better due to her lack of participation, please stop. That's ridiculous. It's also an insult to Buckingham McVie. They can't be good without her? If this album ends up being mediocre to bad, that's on them. This is their album. Stop dragging Stevie into it.

To recap my thoughts on the first 3 singles:
1st one - ok, mediocre
2nd - horrible
3rd - ok, mediocre

Hoping for much better on the rest of the album.

Jamie
Old 05-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Exactly. And for the record, I'm a Stevie fan and I WANT this album to do well - for them, and selfishly for me, so Stevie can do more solo stuff.
And those of you blaming Stevie for this not being better due to her lack of participation, please stop. That's ridiculous. It's also an insult to Buckingham McVie. They can't be good without her? If this album ends up being mediocre to bad, that's on them. This is their album. Stop dragging Stevie into it.

To recap my thoughts on the first 3 singles:
1st one - ok, mediocre
2nd - horrible
3rd - ok, mediocre

Hoping for much better on the rest of the album.

Jamie
I'm a Stevie fan but also FM and I stop writing here because of all this negative feedback. Fans trying to blame Stevie or Lindsey its just silly. I've seen cycles of hate for diferent members of this band for years here. Starting with Mick, then lindsey and now Stevie and we should stop that. We are so lucky they're still out there playing and making music.

About the new songs the first one I thought it was Lindsey's song Trouble when I heard it. So its ok but not what I expected. The second one, I thought its a ok too. The third one its...ok jajaja. The songs are not bad but I think the expectations are bigger than the reality. And that makes me think that FM need an outside producer (dont kill please) because the sound needs an upgrade. I dont know how else to put it.
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"

Last edited by saradorna; 05-14-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-14-2017, 12:37 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

No matter what your opinion is.. .they are all right.. and all wrong.. but we all have mothers. So gives yours some love and tell her, that her jam is the sweetest to me.

That's How I Feel.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

No matter what your opinion is.. .they are all right.. and all wrong.. but we all have mothers. So gives yours some love and tell her, that her jam is the sweetest to me.

That's How I Feel.
I agree with you, I'm one big mummy's girl after all.