Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Same with John Stewart -- Stevie never told the press she & Stewart were together on the 1981 tour, but Stewart finally did.
Ok - we were talking about this awhile back and you never mentioned this??? So where did he say this?? I'd like to read it. All I can say is poor Buffy!! Weren't she and John married at that time? What a thing to do to your soul mate. Shame on you John and Stevie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I hadn't heard this before either. I knew that Stevie had inspired at least one of Stewart's songs (the name escapes me now) but a relationship???? My god.

Poor Lindsey. And Stewart's not the only artist he collaborated with to end up with Stevie. Even Walter Egan did for awhile.
I believe the song is "Blonde Star in the Texas Sky." And in my opinion, I believe that "Dreamers on the Rise" was written about Lindsey and Stevie.

After awhile I think that Lindsey probably just became numb as regards his feelings about Stevie sleeping with some of his good friends. He had to. I believe he's still friends with them, so it was obviously something that he just had to accept and he obviously forgave Stevie too. I could never do it. But, then again, maybe its something that just comes along with the rock and roll lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Let's not forget another hero, Dennis Wilson, hopping into Stevie's bed. Edit: And Carol Ann's, too! Poor Lindsey.
Wait a minute - you mean Stevie slept with Dennis Wilson too?? I thought it was Chris who dated him? Lindsey has talked about Carol Ann sleeping with Dennis - he sort of laughed and joked about it. Makes me think he didn't really care that she slept with him. He probably wanted the relationship to end so that just made it easier.

Edit: Just read Nancy's post about during Dennis's relationship with Chris. What an awful thing for Stevie to do!! I can't believe she did that to Chris!!! Are you sure about that?

As far as all these men being attracted to Stevie, I have a friend that reminds me of Stevie (with the relationships)....where she just has men falling all over her the time and she gives them the runaround and treats them like **** and they keep coming back. Begging her and pleading for her to give them another chance. She reminds me of Stevie. (although, I'm not saying that Stevie treated men like ****, but just the general puppy dog appeal) It seems like every male on the planet was in love with Stevie. What was it about her? The star quality? The looks? The personality? The talent? Or maybe it was something behind closed doors?

Apparently, the only man that was never attracted to Stevie was Stan Lynch . I wonder why.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB

Last edited by AliP; 07-03-2005 at 12:46 AM..