Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nice!

you do know these are co-written songs, right?
Yeah, who's solo album would these songs, that are co-written and feature 4 of the 5 FM members and all of the instrumental players, go on? There are plenty of Fleetwood Mac songs with just these 4.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah, who's solo album would these songs, that are co-written and feature 4 of the 5 FM members and all of the instrumental players, go on? There are plenty of Fleetwood Mac songs with just these 4.
haha right?

obvious conclusion apparently is they need to be on 2 solo albums!

it's like living in some weird parallel reality, sometimes these conversations we have:
  • band co-wrote and recorded songs together -> they should artificially divide them on some solo albums
  • individual band members have written and recorded their songs separately for solo albums with separate producers -> slap them together and call it FM album!

completely illogical yet for some reason some *fickle* fans insist on it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-28-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
haha right?

obvious conclusion apparently is they need to be on 2 solo albums!

it's like living in some weird parallel reality, sometimes these conversations we have:
  • band co-wrote and recorded songs together -> they should artificially divide them on some solo albums
  • individual band members have written and recorded their songs separately for solo albums with separate producers -> slap them together and call it FM album!

completely illogical yet for some reason some *fickle* fans insist on it!
Stevie's not on this!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let me make stuff up to make it seem like it would never work!!!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:58 PM

I'm singing this chorus to Stevie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpaL_9aEyIY
Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm singing this chorus to Stevie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpaL_9aEyIY
i hope she does not!

plus now you are making me want to hear that song live, i love that song and he never does it solo (except on OOTC tour)! at my first LB solo show, that was the request i yelled out (and it snowballed from there lol).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-28-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
i hope she does not!

plus now you are making me want to hear that song live, i love that song and he never does it solo (except on OOTC tour)! at my first LB solo show, that was the request i yelled out (and it snowballed from there lol).
I saw the OOTC tour.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw the OOTC tour.
JEALOUS!!!!!

Old 09-28-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
JEALOUS!!!!!
those were amazing times..
Old 09-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Speaking for myself, I think if she's not as enthusiastic about making music with the band as they are about making music together, it will diminish the energy of the project. I don't think her presence alone will diminish what their work, but her negative energy would.
this is interesting. she does exhibit negative energy towards FM a lot! this is really visible in some of her solo interviews (i think it was IYD screening or something?), she rolls her eyes when mentioning the band and portrays Fleetwood Mac as this stone around her neck dragging her down, that she has to go back to although she really doesn't want to (back one the chain gang? ). people say she's generally in much better mood and engaged at her solo gigs than at FM where half of the time she looks like she is just going through the motions and doesn't want to be there.

so it does look like it will be a win-win for both the band and for Stevie if she is not on this upcoming album.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
people say she's generally in much better mood and engaged at her solo gigs than at FM where half of the time she looks like she is just going through the motions and doesn't want to be there.
Elle, come to a Stevie concert with me this year and then you can compare how she is at a Stevie concert vs. FM. Name the city where you would like to meet up and we'll do it!

Michele
Old 09-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Album Title

As long as they call the album 4/5 (or Four/Fifths) I'm fine with it. Mick will get his paycheck, Christine and John will play on, and Lindsay gets to call the shots so it'll work out. And Stevie won't even notice.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
As long as they call the album 4/5 (or Four/Fifths) I'm fine with it. Mick will get his paycheck, Christine and John will play on, and Lindsay gets to call the shots so it'll work out. And Stevie won't even notice.
Fleetwood Mac 4/5 - i like it!

i do think your comment on why they want to work on new music and release it is unnecessary snarky and completely inaccurate and unfair to creative Mac members, but agree with you it will work out.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sure, I'm up for a 4/5 album...........but without John McVie.

Let's be honest, he's the most invisible member. He doesn't even have his own Facebook page like the other 4 do. Alright???
Old 09-30-2016, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default great music?

Who's to say the songs Lindsey and Christine are crafting are great? Has anyone heard them? Also, beginning with Tusk , EVERY Fleetwood Mac album has been 3 solo records smashed together. Once Rumours made them all financially secure, they drifted into their own orbits, and re-united to record commercial music every few years. Each writer pursuing the sound they wanted. Nothing on Tusk (except maybe Think About Me) sounds anything like a full-band song.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
While I don't think her tour with the Pretenders will bomb, I DO think you're right that she will go into the studio with them after the holidays and that there WILL indeed be a final Mac album with the five and that there WILL NOT be an album or tour with just the four of them.

Despite what Chris or Mick has said in the press, I just don't believe Warners would get behind them and finance/promote an album without Miss Nicks. Just my two cents.
Exactly
I could not have said it better
If I do say so myself