The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Ledgie

"She's a little more complicated in her needs." Passive-aggressive much, LB?

I wonder why Stevie seems reluctant to work with him...
Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean View Post

It's a useful word.

"Mick and I are friends in a way that Lindsey and I could never be friends. We’re just best friends. Our relationship didn’t last a long time, Mick’s and mine. It was a year. And Lindsey’s and mine’s relationship lasted from when we first met in 1968 and I joined his band up until now. Mick and I will be best friends when we’re 90. But Lindsey’s and mine’s relationship is different."

More complicated?

"Much more complicated, yeah."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Poor Lindsey. He has basically begged her to make another album, and yet, people still post stuff like this. What is he supposed to do, cut off his ear and give it to her as a present. Posts like this make me want to say negative things about Stevie. I could go there but I won't.

I'm not going to go there because Stevie has worked hard to keep Fleetwood Mac in peoples mind. She got their work on Glee and back on the charts big time. She is great at interviews and every time she promotes herself, she is reminding people of Fleetwood Mac. She is extremely smart and all her networking is the reason why Fleetwood Mac can get to make another album.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Great minds think alike!

Quote:

I so agree with you Autumn Ocean.Bucky too often responds to questions with open ended answers that can be interpreted a thousand ways depending on the listener's mind set.I think he is all gung-ho about "doing" this for Chris because he knows that she is a little rusty and not as self confident as she once was in the studio,and IMO he is digging the s..t outta that because,in his pompous ass mind,this means CONTROL.Not to mention the fact that he made this comment as opposed to Chris saying "I have always wanted Lindsey to do this for me".And Chris said "absolutely" without hesitation which me sounded like she was Lindsey's apt pupil which gave me a little twist in my gut.As far as Stevie's needs being more complicated I took that as she will not tolerate his control tactics,she will demand respect and input,and definitely will not be his apt pupil.Kristen probably doesn't take any crap from him at home either.Stevie was probably under his thumb during their entire 7 year "marriage".Stevie said Wide Sargasso Sea from IYD was about a movie she saw but I think it was about S and L-"the only thing that they did together was to make love"-the only thing they agreed on.Thanks for listening-now I need to take a BIG yoga breath...
Old 05-04-2014, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I so agree with you Autumn Ocean.Bucky too often responds to questions with open ended answers that can be interpreted a thousand ways depending on the listener's mind set.I think he is all gung-ho about "doing" this for Chris because he knows that she is a little rusty and not as self confident as she once was in the studio,and IMO he is digging the s..t outta that because,in his pompous ass mind,this means CONTROL.Not to mention the fact that he made this comment as opposed to Chris saying "I have always wanted Lindsey to do this for me".And Chris said "absolutely" without hesitation which me sounded like she was Lindsey's apt pupil which gave me a little twist in my gut.As far as Stevie's needs being more complicated I took that as she will not tolerate his control tactics,she will demand respect and input,and definitely will not be his apt pupil.Kristen probably doesn't take any crap from him at home either.Stevie was probably under his thumb during their entire 7 year "marriage".Stevie said Wide Sargasso Sea from IYD was about a movie she saw but I think it was about S and L-"the only thing that they did together was to make love"-the only thing they agreed on.Thanks for listening-now I need to take a BIG yoga breath...
I think he was referring to their compatibility as collaborators.....something they've never done together. In fact, didn't Stevie say it's something she'd never done with anyone until IYD and Dave Stewart? So to me those "complicated needs" sounds like an issue with Stevie that is not specific to Lindsey.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-04-2014 at 01:39 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I think he was referring to their compatibility as collaborators.....something they've never done together. In fact, didn't Stevie say it's something she'd never done with anyone until IYD and Dave Stewart? So to me those "complicated needs" sounds like an issue with Stevie that is not specific to Lindsey.
I think the issue is with Stevie. She won't listen to Lindsey and he is only looking out for her best interest. The scenario reminds me a little Tango in the Night. I think Lindsey and Christine are making pure magic. Stevie better come up with some great stuff.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think the issue is with Stevie. She won't listen to Lindsey and he is only looking out for her best interest. The scenario reminds me a little Tango in the Night. I think Lindsey and Christine are making pure magic. Stevie better come up with some great stuff.
I'm not so sure he's only looking out for her best interest I think the issue is more the group dynamic and strong fiery personalities. I would think both Lindsey and Stevie would want to tread very carefully with any recording. The last thing either of them need is numerous explosions before an album or a world tour. I'm sure they'll manage to get it together somehow, they have managed before
Old 05-04-2014, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I think he was referring to their compatibility as collaborators.....something they've never done together. In fact, didn't Stevie say it's something she'd never done with anyone until IYD and Dave Stewart
I thought this would make a fun game. Guess when this quote is from and who it's about?

"And [...] was written real quickly and it was like, I thought 'Well, you can write in the same room as somebody else if neither of you have an ego and you both need it each other, it works'."

That's right!!! This was in frigging 1983 when she talked about her writing collaboration with Sandy Stewart. That guff about it being the first time with Dave was rubbish, tbh. And comparing it to Lennon McCartney?! The two processes couldn't have been more different, lol.

Here's the full quote. I find it amusing to pick out the similarities to how she described the process with Dave.

SN: And we actually wrote it in the living room together as opposed to writing it like a track. She didn't send me a track. We wrote it from scratch, me pacing and her playing her little synthesiser on the floor in the living room.

JL: Is that unusual for you?

SN: Yeah, it's the first time I've ever actually done that. And I was desperate to write this song.... Because she was very compassionate to me, especially at that time, just rode with me until I was just able to start singing something and she just started playing the right thing. And Nightbird was written real quickly and it was like, I thought 'Well, you can write in the same room as somebody else if neither of you have an ego and you both need it each other, it works'.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-04-2014, 05:40 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Are you sure?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-Angeles.html

I'm going to Maui on Friday. I'll stop into his place, if he's there I'll ask some good questions.
I'm Sure, Mick Was Spotted on a flight to Maui
Old 05-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my goodness. You must hate him from the gut. The man can do or say absolutely nothing good.

It's amazing.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Exactly!!! I don't know why people are having such a hard time with the concept of Stevie having planned a solo record BEFORE it was known that Christine's return was true...Consider this..If Mick knew that Stevie was still against recording with FM don't you think Mick would have used that opportunity to take a shot at Stevie in the press when they were interviewed recently...Where's Stevie? Mick: "Stevie feels it's more important to be working on a solo record instead of the first Fleetwood Mac record in 27 years where all 5 are together again"...
As far as taking a shot at Stevie,Mick knows what his legal limitations are.If he doesn't bite his tongue she could sue him for defemation of character-and she would.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Oh my goodness. You must hate him from the gut. The man can do or say absolutely nothing good.

It's amazing.
I am totally amazed by his artistic abilities,but for some reason the dude just gets "under the (my) skin"-pun intended.To me, most of his comments just sound like he has a very high opinion of himself,almost a divine aspect.I actually don't hate him and I have been accused (many times) in the past as being brutally honest.I guess I'll have to work on that.Sorry to offend anybody here
Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As far as taking a shot at Stevie,Mick knows what his legal limitations are.If he doesn't bite his tongue she could sue him for defemation of character-and she would.
She could only do that if Mick said something untrue about her. Him saying something she isn't happy with isn't good enough. And it would have to be seriously damaging for Stevie to sue Mick. They're currently in a band together. You make it sound like the slightest misplaced word and she's gonna sue.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-04-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am totally amazed by his artistic abilities,but for some reason the dude just gets "under the (my) skin"-pun intended.To me, most of his comments just sound like he has a very high opinion of himself,almost a divine aspect.I actually don't hate him and I have been accused (many times) in the past as being brutally honest.I guess I'll have to work on that.Sorry to offend anybody here
while i appreciate your honesty, i'm not sure why you seem to think so low of Christine's ability as a songwriter as well as her ability to not stand up or say exactly what she wants or thinks?

both Lindsey and Christine have been very clear over the years how much they respect each other's songwriting abilities, how they complement each other with bringing to the table different parts of the spectrum, different knowledge and talent. there are enough documented incidents signalling Christine won't take any sh*t from him. so i'm really surprised to see your characterization of their relationship.

that said i think his saying "for you" instead of "with you" definitely comes across as pompous - whether he meant it or not. i didn't like it, because it does come across as not respectful enough towards Christine, and from everything in their musical relationship over the years, he seems to have nothing but huge respect for her and her musical knowledge.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-04-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I thought this would make a fun game. Guess when this quote is from and who it's about?

"And [...] was written real quickly and it was like, I thought 'Well, you can write in the same room as somebody else if neither of you have an ego and you both need it each other, it works'."

That's right!!! This was in frigging 1983 when she talked about her writing collaboration with Sandy Stewart. That guff about it being the first time with Dave was rubbish, tbh. And comparing it to Lennon McCartney?! The two processes couldn't have been more different, lol.

Here's the full quote. I find it amusing to pick out the similarities to how she described the process with Dave.

SN: And we actually wrote it in the living room together as opposed to writing it like a track. She didn't send me a track. We wrote it from scratch, me pacing and her playing her little synthesiser on the floor in the living room.

JL: Is that unusual for you?

SN: Yeah, it's the first time I've ever actually done that. And I was desperate to write this song.... Because she was very compassionate to me, especially at that time, just rode with me until I was just able to start singing something and she just started playing the right thing. And Nightbird was written real quickly and it was like, I thought 'Well, you can write in the same room as somebody else if neither of you have an ego and you both need it each other, it works'.
and as catchy as it is tune-wise (which appears to be Sandy's part), Nightbird is NOT one of her best compositions.