User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Well I don't know, but it's more of a reason than just wanting to visit Mick, who will be in England in a few short months. If she was ever going to come back and visit, she might as well pick a time when she can get as much bang for the buck as possible.
And if she just wanted to visit Mick and John, why do it smack dab in the middle of the BUSIEST period in their lives? Why didn't she do it during the down time they've had over the last 3 years? This timing does not make sense for a "visit."

Michele
Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And if she just wanted to visit Mick and John, why do it smack dab in the middle of the BUSIEST period in their lives? Why didn't she do it during the down time they've had over the last 3 years? This timing does not make sense for a "visit."

Michele
I like the way you think!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I just read through this thread and I was struck by how much everyone loves Christine. We all just love her, don't we? Even for those fans whose favorite members are Stevie or Lindsey.
Well, for me Chris is the Heart if not the heart and soul(vocally) for the band. I'm sure many agree. Although she was never the "lead" she was very much the lead singer for many years, imo.

Yes, Stevie drew me to the band as she did many others....but I would bet it was Chris' sweet, catchy and tender songs that made many fall in love with the whole band.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is great. I don't even ask for a stage appearance from her, just participation in the recording.

Michele
well I'm greedy FM fan. I want her new songs/melodies/harmonies AND best yet a new DVD with her and the band.

I don't ask for much, just another one-off show spectacular!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Saw them during Say You Will and vowed to never see another show again. Just not the same for me without Christine. The reason I love the band, is the combination of all of them. Now if Chris comes back (I'm actually starting to think something fishy is going on) I'll be there in a heartbeat. Hey she was in retirement but then got bored and did In the Meantime. People change their minds all the time in life and especially the retirement/breakup world of Rock. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Chris going out on a full tour would surprise me, given her feelings on touring -- but stranger things have happened!
What I'm hoping for most is that she'll record a couple of new songs with the band. That prospect has me really excited.

(BTW, I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full. I saved my message, so just let me know and I'll re-send it. )
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

seems like there are new photos of Mick at LAX today, leaving. so seems like Christine will go visit HI and not LA after all, which would mean no recording

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Well, for me Chris is the Heart if not the heart and soul(vocally) for the band. I'm sure many agree. Although she was never the "lead" she was very much the lead singer for many years, imo.

Yes, Stevie drew me to the band as she did many others....but I would bet it was Chris' sweet, catchy and tender songs that made many fall in love with the whole band.
The longer Chris is gone the longer I miss her contributions to the band: her songwriting, her beautiful voice, her keyboard stylings and her grace. She was the perfect balance between Stevie and Lindsey.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I don't think it would be a 3 full days visit with her friends, maybe just and evening, and I think they may be free for few hours. So it does make sense to me.

We are assuming her travel is exclusively to visit M&J. I'm not sure about that. And according to the "she hates to fly!" theory, probably she is traveling for additional important reasons too.

And visiting the whole band (or at least Lindsey too) would imply recording intentions. Just Mick and John actually doesn't make me think she wants to record.

I think we are speculating too much, of course because we wish music with the 5 members lineup. It's like when Paul and John met in NYC in the 70s. Lot of legends, but nothing happened.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This would be a great way to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Rumours. I don't believe we will see Christine on stage again but I do see her recording. She wanted to contribute to Say You Will. If she contributed a couple of songs with her lead vocal and add her backing vocals to the other tracks we would have a heck of an album. If they recorded Fleetwood Mac in 3 months then the 5 can do it again. This would be a great way to close the recording chapter of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so.. when is Mick going to London? It's hard to tell if he's going there soon or if he is talking about the upcoming period of time when the Mac will be in the UK over the fall. Anyone have any idea what his "work" there is?
I just read that he is doing a Monday BBC2 radio interview and will be on he 3rd Feb epi of Top Gear. So...sounds like he's off to London. Of course the radio int could be telephone but he is in studio for TG (and the celeb driver).
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Christine is just going to Hawaii to see Mick and John I wonder how that will go down with Stevie? Since the ITM interviews it's been clear that Chris keeps in touch with John most, then Mick and rarely with the other two. Yet Stevie often talks about how much she misses Christine.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't think it would be a 3 full days visit with her friends, maybe just and evening, and I think they may be free for few hours. So it does make sense to me.

We are assuming her travel is exclusively to visit M&J. I'm not sure about that. And according to the "she hates to fly!" theory, probably she is traveling for additional important reasons too.

And visiting the whole band (or at least Lindsey too) would imply recording intentions. Just Mick and John actually doesn't make me think she wants to record.

I think we are speculating too much, of course because we wish music with the 5 members lineup. It's like when Paul and John met in NYC in the 70s. Lot of legends, but nothing happened.
I thought I read somewhere that Christine was staying at Mick's house in Maui?

Who knows, maybe Stevie and Lindsey are invited to Hawaii as well, and that hasn't made the press. I am probably wrong, though... Christine might just be visiting with her 2 old friends while enjoying a tropical vacation at the same time.