User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
would that really be the pull that brings Christine back to LA?
Well I don't know, but it's more of a reason than just wanting to visit Mick, who will be in England in a few short months. If she was ever going to come back and visit, she might as well pick a time when she can get as much bang for the buck as possible.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Peter Green. He'll do Dylan's "Gotta Serve Somebody".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Could it be related to the Sound City thing at the end of the month? It would be really cool for the Rumours 5 to be reunited at an event like that.
if that was gonna happen wouldn't DG use it to advertise his event? right now Fogerty and SN are his top of the ticket and people have already heard about how the Sundance show went so would know what to expect. wouldn't completely reunited Rumuors-era FM (or even the current 4-piece FM instead of just SN representing FM) be a huge thing to advertise?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Ledgie

Hi everyone,
This is from Planet Rock

Here is The Link

Planet Rock can exclusively reveal that Mick Fleetwood is trying to persuade Christine McVie to re-join Fleetwood Mac.

McVie retired from the band in the late 1990’s and hasn’t performed with them since.

He also confirmed that Fleetwood Mac will announce the European leg of their forthcoming world tour in the coming weeks.

Mick told Planet Rock’s Darren Redick, "I’m really looking forward to reconnecting with my sister, Christine McVie, and that’s sort of a lovely, nice thing to be doing. Getting her out of the English cold there for a few weeks ...and me and Chris will be flying back [to Mick’s home in Hawaii] after my work in London”.

Darren asked Mick if Christine would be with them for their shows in the UK and Mick went on to say, "I would love that and I would welcome that as we all would and I truly hope that happens. And it might just be the case and I will take that to the fore and be reminded that a lot of people would love to see that happen. It would be an emotionally charged moment that would be lovely to have happen. And I know everyone in the band would welcome that. So you never know!”.

As far as the world tour goes, Fleetwood Mac look likely to be in England by the autumn. Mick said, "We’re going to be touring in September and October in England and in Europe, we’re going on a massive world tour, which is getting more massive by the second, and those shows will be announced in the next few days”.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
Hi everyone,
This is from Planet Rock

Here is The Link

Planet Rock can exclusively reveal that Mick Fleetwood is trying to persuade Christine McVie to re-join Fleetwood Mac.

McVie retired from the band in the late 1990’s and hasn’t performed with them since.

He also confirmed that Fleetwood Mac will announce the European leg of their forthcoming world tour in the coming weeks.

Mick told Planet Rock’s Darren Redick, "I’m really looking forward to reconnecting with my sister, Christine McVie, and that’s sort of a lovely, nice thing to be doing. Getting her out of the English cold there for a few weeks ...and me and Chris will be flying back [to Mick’s home in Hawaii] after my work in London”.

Darren asked Mick if Christine would be with them for their shows in the UK and Mick went on to say, "I would love that and I would welcome that as we all would and I truly hope that happens. And it might just be the case and I will take that to the fore and be reminded that a lot of people would love to see that happen. It would be an emotionally charged moment that would be lovely to have happen. And I know everyone in the band would welcome that. So you never know!”.

As far as the world tour goes, Fleetwood Mac look likely to be in England by the autumn. Mick said, "We’re going to be touring in September and October in England and in Europe, we’re going on a massive world tour, which is getting more massive by the second, and those shows will be announced in the next few days”.
If Mick pulls that off he will deserve a Nobel Prize.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi everyone,
This is from Planet Rock

Here is The Link

so.. when is Mick going to London? It's hard to tell if he's going there soon or if he is talking about the upcoming period of time when the Mac will be in the UK over the fall. Anyone have any idea what his "work" there is?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
If Mick pulls that off he will deserve a Nobel Prize.
Well, as Stevie once put it, "Mick can be pretty magic sometimes..." I don't think he's quite that magic but who knows. I would love to see Chris perform with them again...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Well, as Stevie once put it, "Mick can be pretty magic sometimes..." I don't think he's quite that magic but who knows. I would love to see Chris perform with them again...
I would beg, steal, or borrow to go see Fleetwood Mac this year if Christine returned. Fleetwood Mac cancelled their Raleigh, NC date for the Dance Tour (which I had tickets for!), and so I was never able to see the full Rumours lineup. I would vastly prefer a new Mac album with Christine, but I wouldn't mind a tour... I've never seen her live. I saw the Time lineup before the Time album was released, and she didn't go out on that tour either.

Since Christine is meeting the band in LA, then travelling back to Mick's home in Hawaii, I am being cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to wrangle something out of her.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I would beg, steal, or borrow to go see Fleetwood Mac this year if Christine returned. Fleetwood Mac cancelled their Raleigh, NC date for the Dance Tour (which I had tickets for!), and so I was never able to see the full Rumours lineup. I would vastly prefer a new Mac album with Christine, but I wouldn't mind a tour... I've never seen her live. I saw the Time lineup before the Time album was released, and she didn't go out on that tour either.

Since Christine is meeting the band in LA, then travelling back to Mick's home in Hawaii, I am being cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to wrangle something out of her.
I hope so! I do find it intriguing that after two tours and many years she's suddenly in the mood to "visit" her former bandmates. Time will tell...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read through this thread and I was struck by how much everyone loves Christine. We all just love her, don't we? Even for those fans whose favorite members are Stevie or Lindsey, there's just so much love for Chris. It made me feel good, to read about all that love for Chris.

There is so much longing in this thread for Christine to rejoin the band. We fans have never stopped hoping in our hearts that she would work with the other four again, even if we believed with our good sense that she was done with music for good.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping at the very least he can get her to lay down some vocals and keys or something on some of the tracks they did with Lindsey.

But I'd love for her to reunite with them even for one night. Maybe if the last stop of the tour is in the UK she could be persuaded to join them.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM

Having panic attacks again..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris is my favorite amongst the vocalists, but I actually hope she sticks to her guns if that's what she really wants. I'd rather her not be in the band and be happy than feel pressured into rejoining and touring. It would be great if she added some backing vocals and keyboards to the new stuff, keeping the tradition of her involvement with the band going, if she was comfortable with that.

Now, if she's had a major change of heart and has gotten bored with being a home body and WANTS to resume being a rock star, well THAT'S a different story. Somehow, though, I don't think that's the case.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Now, if she's had a major change of heart and has gotten bored with being a home body and WANTS to resume being a rock star, well THAT'S a different story. Somehow, though, I don't think that's the case.
Then Play On
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi everyone,
This is from Planet Rock
This is great. Even if it's just wishful thinking on Mick's part I am heartened that he is trying to get something going. I don't even ask for a stage appearance from her, just participation in the recording.

Michele