User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stones are doing something that sounds extremely similar - releasing Greatest Hits with a couple of new songs in November, with first 4 dates of the tour recently announced, and more to come.

so i guess it's a thing du jour to do
Band have been doing it for a while now, but it's usually just after they've reunited and want to test the water: Van Halen, Whitesnake, Black Sabbath (w/RJD). I've no problem with them releasing new songs that way but I'd rather they just release it as an EP because I don't need duplicate copies of their other songs. However, I can see why it makes more commercial sense.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it'll be on ituenes so u can just buy the new tracks and call it a day.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This sounds like what they did with the '88 Greatest hits album with As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked as the new songs. Also done again, bigger, in '92 with Paper Doll, Love Shines, etc on The Chain.

They could release a two-discs set of rare demo/live/alternate versions of the songs and tour behind that.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stones are doing something that sounds extremely similar - releasing Greatest Hits with a couple of new songs in November, with first 4 dates of the tour recently announced, and more to come.
With respect to elle, with one difference:

Stones are a band who are pretty much over and are just milking the pot, yes they released a single, yes it's good, but they obviously are wrapping things up. SN/LB are getting in my view to the final chapters, but not final chapter, of their respective solo careers and there should be more to play out in terms of FM legacies, an EP or more, not one song each tacked onto a Hits album rerelease. They're not 50 years in, they've got 10+ years behind the Stones..
Old 10-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
This sounds like what they did with the '88 Greatest hits album with As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked as the new songs. Also done again, bigger, in '92 with Paper Doll, Love Shines, etc on The Chain.

They could release a two-discs set of rare demo/live/alternate versions of the songs and tour behind that.
This would kick way more ass than just a Greatest Hits album by itself! Whatever they release probably will (or at least SHOULD) have all their music videos on DVD. If they do go the Greatest Hits route, I hope they do what Stevie did with Crystal Visions and have the regular CD with the hits and (unlike CV) two new songs, then a deluxe version with perhaps a bonus CD with some awesome demos/alternate versions/live songs and two more new songs and then a Bluray with all their videos in HD and maybe some unreleased live show or making of Mirage or Tango footage. This way they can cater to the masses and sell them the same old hits and they can also throw a bone to us diehards.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
This would kick way more ass than just a Greatest Hits album by itself! Whatever they release probably will (or at least SHOULD) have all their music videos on DVD. If they do go the Greatest Hits route, I hope they do what Stevie did with Crystal Visions and have the regular CD with the hits and (unlike CV) two new songs, then a deluxe version with perhaps a bonus CD with some awesome demos/alternate versions/live songs and two more new songs and then a Bluray with all their videos in HD and maybe some unreleased live show or making of Mirage or Tango footage. This way they can cater to the masses and sell them the same old hits and they can also throw a bone to us diehards.
That's THE IDEA!! A special CD/DVD edition would be incredible, with new material, like video footages.
I really want to see something about Mirage on video! How it was recorded, the studio in France, the sessions. I suppose something like this but about Tango In The Night exists, but not with Mirage. The only I know is how the video of Hold Me was made.
I'm starting to rule out a whole new album...
Regards!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
That's THE IDEA!! A special CD/DVD edition would be incredible, with new material, like video footages.
I really want to see something about Mirage on video! How it was recorded, the studio in France, the sessions. I suppose something like this but about Tango In The Night exists, but not with Mirage. The only I know is how the video of Hold Me was made.
I'm starting to rule out a whole new album...
Regards!
I agree. I'd love to know the background for Mirage. What they did in France, what they did here. Everything that was recorded, but left off of the album. All that inside stuff.

Michele
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they have five months to repackage a greatest hits with videos and bsides, demos, a few new songs, etc. If they dont give us something... I will be dissappointed...Even if the concert tour had video clips, nostalgia, GIVE US SOMETHING! I hope they aren't touring just because they can...those tours are tiresome. Instead of the boys club...stevie needs to step up to the fore front and do a few atmosphereic numbers like SOTM
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I agree with that. It sounds to me more interesting than a pair of singles with old hits in a new GH album.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
I hope they aren't touring just because they can...those tours are tiresome.
They are touring to make money.If the two writers then use said money to help finance future solo projects then it will have served some artistic purpose..but that is all.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
They are touring to make money.If the two writers then use said money to help finance future solo projects then it will have served some artistic purpose..but that is all.
I am hoping that that is not the ONLY reason...With IYD Stevie has just proven that at 64 she can still have passion and drive to accomplish something fresh and new...With Say You Will, FM did the same thing...I don't want to believe that FM tours only to cash flow solo projects
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am hoping that that is not the ONLY reason...With IYD Stevie has just proven that at 64 she can still have passion and drive to accomplish something fresh and new...With Say You Will, FM did the same thing...I don't want to believe that FM tours only to cash flow solo projects
Say You Will was nearly a decade ago.Fleetwood Mac has not produced a note of new music since then.The "Unleashed" tour was exactly the oldies cash grab that Lindsey had once criticized the Eagles for.I don't see this next one being any different.Aside from the more worthy causes of funding solo albums the tour will serve to bankroll Mick's latest bussiness ventures and money making schemes.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Say You Will was nearly a decade ago.Fleetwood Mac has not produced a note of new music since then.The "Unleashed" tour was exactly the oldies cash grab that Lindsey had once criticized the Eagles for.I don't see this next one being any different.Aside from the more worthy causes of funding solo albums the tour will serve to bankroll Mick's latest bussiness ventures and money making schemes.
I agree about Unleashed....and about Mick...I just hoped Stevie wouldn't play with boys
for the same reason...I've seen the Eagles on their greatest hits tour and it was sad because it was obvious they don't like one another and doing it for the cash. Say You Will wasnt a perfect album but it was an honest attempt to be renewed and creative...my wish was that FM would be creative again...they may get the surprise of their lives if they dont sell as many tickets this time around...
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

I see a new greatest hits album and this tour as one in the same thing, just another re-hash and a means to make money. Not that there's anything wrong with making money, but let's face the facts that the nostalgia of the long ago Rumours is a lot more lucrative than making a creative, edgy new album. I've been a fan since the beginning of the Stevie-Lindsey line up and there was a time I would not miss an album or concert for the world. Hitting the road to play the same set with one or two of the bands gems thrown in to entice people like us, unfortunately just does nothing for me. I would however be interested in seeing either of them playing their great new music on their own, but as a band with no new material, it's incredibly stale and I have better things to spend my hard earned cash on. Sorry Mick

Last edited by On Ice; 10-25-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree about Unleashed....and about Mick...I just hoped Stevie wouldn't play with boys
for the same reason...I've seen the Eagles on their greatest hits tour and it was sad because it was obvious they don't like one another and doing it for the cash. Say You Will wasnt a perfect album but it was an honest attempt to be renewed and creative...my wish was that FM would be creative again...they may get the surprise of their lives if they dont sell as many tickets this time around...
Mike, because of the fact that the last tour was such a success, I'm a bit worried they won't be able to sustain the ticket sales! I really hope I'm wrong!