Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Sounds like things have already been pushed back by a month]

NME October 15, 2012 17:00

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/66648

Fleetwood Mac confirm details of reunion tour, hint at new material in 2013

Stevie Nicks says band will be on the road from April

Stevie Nicks has confirmed that Fleetwood Mac will embark on a reunion tour from April next year.

The band behind iconic 1977 album 'Rumours' put an end to months of speculation by confirming their reunion, with Nicks also revealing the band are in talks about recording new music to coincide with the live dates.

Speaking to ABC News Radio, Nicks said: "We go into rehearsals somewhere around the end of February. So... if everything goes to plan, we should probably be out [on the road] by end of April [or] May, I would think."

Nicks added that the reunited group are working on new music, though nothing is official yet.Well, actually, maybe like two songs, maybe four, who knows? We don't really know yet 'cos we're not in the world of Fleetwood Mac yet. We're just still in talks about that.

Fleetwood Mac are one of a number of names rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury when the festival returns. Speaking to NME about the rumours, festival organiser Emily Eavis said: "I think Fleetwood Mac would be amazing to get, I’ll be totally honest we haven’t had any conversations with them yet but, you know, it is still early days. We’re just talking to some headliners now. For us it’s about getting the balance of heritage bands, legends and new bands – just keeping that balance."
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, honestly, I prefer the remastered versions of Mirage, and Tango In The Night, with some B-Sides and rare songs, you know what I mean...

And...another Greatest Hits??? Don't hit me, but I think we'll see again the same songs, and only one from the last albums, and their firsts. I know Time was really bad, but they could include at least one song. From Behind the Mask, is enough, two or three songs (even when I know As long as you follow was not there), but they can put more songs from Say You Will (Say you will, Peacekeeper, Say Goodbye, Murro, etc.), and from the old albums, from the 1971-1974 era...
Regards!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The rock giants are hitting the road to mark the 45th anniversary of the release of the band’s first album, with a different line-up, in 1968.

Grasping at straws to come up with a reason to go out with no new material to promote? That makes absolutely no sense.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I still don't get why there's a need for another compilation package. We have Greatest Hits ('88); The Chain ('90); The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac ('02); and you could arguably throw in things like The Dance ('97) & possibly Live ('80) & Live In Boston ('04). Not to mention the digital remasters of Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk (and the Rumours 5.1 audio). Exactly how much more does Fleetwood Mac need to flog it's back catalogue?
Totally, TOTALLY agree.....the LAST thing we need is another hits package! (But, then, I also feel that way about another tour!!!!) If they REALLY want to go out on top, do a KILLER album that they can REALLY be proud of! I say do a great new album now, then do another new one in 2016/2017 in honor of their 50th anniversary, with anyone who has ever been in FM guesting on various tracks!
THEN they can "wrap it up!"
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Grasping at straws to come up with a reason to go out with no new material to promote? That makes absolutely no sense.
I think the journalist came up with that one, i doubt Stevie mentioned 1968 45th anniv. Just a silly one-liner to go to print with, which makes no sense.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

any new material would be very nice.

i don't really get why people are saying they'd rather get remastered old material than new material?

bunch of other dinosaur bands are touring / milking what they can get so FM doing the same makes sense (although i personally may not like it). however, most of these other old bands don't seem to have a problem pulling together and putting out some new material within something like a 2-month window between deciding to tour and the start of whatever greatest hits tour they are doing at the time. why can't macsters? (all those "we have different managers/lawyers/we can't get along" crap seems like some kind of cover... other bands also have members who can't stand each other but they still pull together when they need to, and go their separate ways afterwards.)

putting out new material makes it clear that artist / band still have something to say and are relevant; touring makes money. i don't know that anybody makes money of releases anymore, so not sure why would that need to be the goal of a new release (if that's what they expect, i'd have to say either the whole band, band members holding out, or the band management is stuck in the past).

putting out old + unreleased BN material would make sense to celebrate 40 years of BN, although shouldn't necessarily be a part of the new Mac project. but, i'd take any material from SN if i get some new LB songs in the process too.

just my opinion.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 10-15-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, yeah, remasters are way less important than new material!!

Mirage could do with it but Tango sounds fine for the most.. I mean, you can get some amazing vinyl rips via torrents anyway, for both.

New music is where it's at, especially with LB at his musical peak and SN sounding way better than she did circa SYW.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Well, honestly, I prefer the remastered versions of Mirage, and Tango In The Night, with some B-Sides and rare songs, you know what I mean...

And...another Greatest Hits??? Don't hit me, but I think we'll see again the same songs, and only one from the last albums, and their firsts. I know Time was really bad, but they could include at least one song. From Behind the Mask, is enough, two or three songs (even when I know As long as you follow was not there), but they can put more songs from Say You Will (Say you will, Peacekeeper, Say Goodbye, Murro, etc.), and from the old albums, from the 1971-1974 era...
Regards!
On the other hand, maybe this would be great opportunity to release remastered versions of Mirage, Tango, and the Live album. Along with the new package CD, .............

OK, maybe it's just a dream. But it would be cool......also, maybe officially release the Mirage tour on DVD and the Tusk documentary...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Totally, TOTALLY agree.....the LAST thing we need is another hits package! (But, then, I also feel that way about another tour!!!!) If they REALLY want to go out on top, do a KILLER album that they can REALLY be proud of! I say do a great new album now, then do another new one in 2016/2017 in honor of their 50th anniversary, with anyone who has ever been in FM guesting on various tracks!
THEN they can "wrap it up!"
Who knows, maybe they will have such a good time recording these purported 2-4 new songs, that it will spin into a new album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
any new material would be very nice.

i don't really get why people are saying they'd rather get remastered old material than new material?

putting out new material makes it clear that artist / band still have something to say and are relevant; touring makes money. i don't know that anybody makes money of releases anymore, so not sure why would that need to be the goal of a new release (if that's what they expect, i'd have to say either the whole band, band members holding out, or the band management is stuck in the past).
This. Fleetwood Mac has been an oldies touring act for so long... I can't stomach any more of that. Stevie & Lindsey are recording the best material of their lives in their solo projects... I just know there's still chemistry in between them, and that with Mick & John, there is still great Mac music to be had. I just wish they'd all give it a chance & go into it with a clean slate.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etisl View Post
On the other hand, maybe this would be great opportunity to release remastered versions of Mirage, Tango, and the Live album. Along with the new package CD, .............

OK, maybe it's just a dream. But it would be cool......also, maybe officially release the Mirage tour on DVD and the Tusk documentary...
Yes! If they are going to re-rehash their back catalog, please, at least give us these (what you said).

And if they feel so compelled to give us another compilation collection, make it worth our while! I'd love to have a well-done, updated box set. The Chain was OK, but it could have been much better in regard to content and presentation. Make it an epic box set with mostly alternative tracks and mixes, rare demos and unreleased songs, a big chunk of new songs and lots of live performances, and a dazzling graphic book of essays, photos, and accurate notations. It should be an extension of their body of work, and not another reiteration.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-15-2012 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Who knows, maybe they will have such a good time recording these purported 2-4 new songs, that it will spin into a new album.

This. Fleetwood Mac has been an oldies touring act for so long... I can't stomach any more of that. Stevie & Lindsey are recording the best material of their lives in their solo projects... I just know there's still chemistry in between them, and that with Mick & John, there is still great Mac music to be had. I just wish they'd all give it a chance & go into it with a clean slate.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default video w/ april/may tour start date statement

@tbwUltraPowers
#GreatestHits or #NewMaterial !? “@UBCEntsNews: VIDEO: #FleetwoodMac confirm they're re-uniting for an upcoming tour http://bcove.me/vtd1noye

@UBCEntsNews
@tbwUltraPowers #GreatestHits #NewMaterial #FleetwoodMac New material, Matthew, from Stevie Nicks + Lindsey Buckingham! We can't wait!

@tbwUltraPowers
@UBCEntsNews fantastic !!! hard to believe its been almost 10 years since "Say You Will" was released !!! #NewMaterial by #FleetwoodMac !!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A box set or a re-re-release of ALL the discography is not a bad idea. Well, Pink Floyd made that, why not FM?
I agree, The Chain can be renewed, and we know they have lots and lots of material. So what we could see? Extended versions, alternate mixes, more Stevie/Lindsey solo songs live, maybe more from the 1968-1974 era, and, as I said before, more from Say You Will, and at least one song from Time.
We'll be waiting...
Regards!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

Regards!
I agree with you...We don't need another GH's for the upteenth time. I'd love me some more Masters /re-issues etc same for Stevie its such a shame they won't even try to do these even in limited editions ---same for there video's I'll never ever understand them ever. I guess we'll keep dreaming cause I don't its gonna ever happen. How sad IMO anyway
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=moon;1065824]Well, honestly, ... with some B-Sides and rare songs, you know what I mean...

I love the idea of FM releasing b-sides and rare songs, etc...it wouldnt be just another greatest hits package...