Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

These interviews are precious. I love all 5 of them but for me Stevie and Lindsey seem the most magical. I was just casually watching the clips but when Lindsey kisses Stevie's head I lost it. He just seems to care about her so much. It was so nice to see and made me feel sad at the same time. Stevie is the woman who will always have Lindsey's heart.
Not sure if anything was happening during the Dance tour but in Lindsey's mind it might have been.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
These interviews are precious. I love all 5 of them but for me Stevie and Lindsey seem the most magical. I was just casually watching the clips but when Lindsey kisses Stevie's head I lost it.
Even after all these decades, you still feel that way? Amazing.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
Does anyone know the name of the interviewer?
I'm not sure, but it sounds like Chris Conelly (sp?) who was with MTV at the time. (And who BUTCHERED "The Wild Heart" in a Rolling Stone review when it came out- and you know Stevie had to remember that!) You never see him in the clips, but that sounds like his voice to me. I could be wrong, though.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I never got to see the Mac as a five-piece live. I became a fan in 1998, just a tad too late.
And then you created one of the best web sites EVER!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And then you created one of the best web sites EVER!!!
Second that. I became a fan because of that website!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
I'm not sure, but it sounds like Chris Conelly (sp?) who was with MTV at the time. (And who BUTCHERED "The Wild Heart" in a Rolling Stone review when it came out- and you know Stevie had to remember that!) You never see him in the clips, but that sounds like his voice to me. I could be wrong, though.
Okay thanks It sounds so familiar.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 PM
joe

Quote:
It was him. He also did a couple of one-on-one interviews for another segment. This is where he asked Stevie, "So, how many of the problems stemmed from your cocaine use?" Stevie answered, "Well it wasn't just MY cocaine use. It was EVERYONE'S cocaine use. I was NOT alone in that one." She didn't look too happy with that question. I don't think Chris was intentionally blaming Stevie personal coke use for all the problems of the band. Or, maybe he was. Whatever the case was, she set him straight!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
It was him. He also did a couple of one-on-one interviews for another segment. This is where he asked Stevie, "So, how many of the problems stemmed from your cocaine use?" Stevie answered, "Well it wasn't just MY cocaine use. It was EVERYONE'S cocaine use. I was NOT alone in that one." She didn't look too happy with that question. I don't think Chris was intentionally blaming Stevie personal coke use for all the problems of the band. Or, maybe he was. Whatever the case was, she set him straight!

Here's that segment.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks viv and CADreaming! You guys are sweet

Old 11-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Thanks viv and CADreaming! You guys are sweet
It's true Nancy - I still refer to it constantly for research. Bang up job! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this proves that Christine's hair in the Dance DVD was a "fall" or a wig or something. There is no way they had enough moose or volumizer to make her hair go from how it looks in this video to how it looked in the video. I feel cheated!

Oh, and it is also obvious that they used some effects on her voice for the Dance like autotuning. This performance, the Songbird from Classic Albums and all the live performances from Dance I have heard she is off key. They had to of used some mild pitch adjustment on her.

Not that I dont miss her. I just find if odd how everyone focuses on Stevie's voice when it was clear that they all aged.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Ledgie

I actually think there was a ton of post-production on The Dance, probably including recutting vocals. The same as Stevie's Soundstage. Live in Boston is the closest thing to how they really sound live.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Right. I am sure that much of the Dance was prerecorded or re-recorded. That is just how it is done now. As much as we want to believe it just happened that way, we have mounds of pirate boot legs recordings proving that it never does. Even if it was recorded over two nights! Plus there is this odd clipped perfection to the sound of Chris singing that sounds like the same Autotune that is done on shows like Glee and most every other teenybopper (i.e. Taylor Swift) I just think Stevie had not reached that point yet where she needed it, like she did for Soundstage.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Right. I am sure that much of the Dance was prerecorded or re-recorded. That is just how it is done now. As much as we want to believe it just happened that way, we have mounds of pirate boot legs recordings proving that it never does. Even if it was recorded over two nights! Plus there is this odd clipped perfection to the sound of Chris singing that sounds like the same Autotune that is done on shows like Glee and most every other teenybopper (i.e. Taylor Swift) I just think Stevie had not reached that point yet where she needed it, like she did for Soundstage.
Mate,

I've seen them twice and they performed to that standard both times
Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yes... Chris Connelly! He was so mean to Stevie and the whole Wild Heart album in general AND it was the featured album review of that RS edition. I can still vividly recall his harsh words. The only thing he praised was that Stevie was in top voice and then the rest was just horrid!