The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is gonna be a GREAT Landslide dedication page!!

The next order of business will be to find photos that are era-specific or when possible show-specific.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You guys better doublecheck those dates.
Hm, that's right, it's actually New Haven, CT 10-20-75. Moi boot is mislabeled. I'll edit.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I stumbled on my Landslide Word document by accident and remembered that I was trying to gather as many Landslide dedications as possible at one point. I updated a bit and copied them all to a webpage.

http://danax6.tripod.com/landslidededications.html

I'll continue to update as I sort through my bootlegs. What can I say, Stevie's babbling is sort of an obsession for me. One day I might upload my quotes list.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
A couple more from the Tusk tour:

"I'd like to dedicate this to all of you guys out there that didn't forget about us. It's called Landslide." Albuquerque, NM 11-2-79

"I think we should dedicate this song to the new Rosemont Horizon and all of you. .... great musical wings back here. This is called Landslide." Chicago, IL 5-15-80 (fill in the dots on the second sentence, too much screaming.)

"Hello, New York City, number two night. I would like to dedicate this song to my friend Lindsey, because he's very special to me. It's called Landslide." New York City, NY 11-16-79

"Hello, St. Louis. I think I would like to dedicate this to you tonight. It's called Landslide." St. Louis, MO 11-6-79 (at least that's what I can make out).

I can't make out the last LA show in Dec of 1979, so I leave that one to you David. Also, Landslide on my Rotterdam, Holland boot is only 36 seconds long.
"I'd like to take a moment... to dedicate this song to you, here in Rotterdam. It's for you and it's called Landslide... it's for you". Rotterdam 06-13-1980

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's some I've found while transferring that aren't on your list yet.

"I'd like to dedicate this song to you, cause I don't know you very well, but I'd like to. It's called "Landslide". (Glasgow, Scotland 4/4/77)

"Madison Square, I'd like to dedicate this to my mother..Barb...and you too! It's called "Landslide", and I think it's so perfect for you. -- New York, NY 6/29/77

"Hello Detroit. I'd like to uh...take just a minute to dedicate this song to you. It's called "Landslide". --Detroit, MI 9/22/77

"Hello Philadelphia. I'd like to dedicate this to you, and it's called "Landslide". --Philadelphia, PA 9/27/77

"I would like to dedicate...this song to you. We came a long way to see you. It's called "Landslide". (Queensland 11/15/77)

"This is for you." (Tokyo 12/5/77)

"This is for you, Buffalo. It's called "Landslide". (Buffalo, NY 8/28/78)

"I would like to....dedicate this song to you, and to Miss Patty Wilson, and to everyone who's been so wonderful to us here in Australia. We will sorely miss you. -- Sydney, AUS 3/17/80

"Well Birmingham....it's the same old story....we're back. I'd like to dedicate this to you...for sure." -- (Birmingham, AL 8/12/80)

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Enchanted Era - Live In Bethel, NY (Woodstock) - 1998
Ladies and gentleman this is Andrea...and Andrea you're just gonna stand here with us like you're singing, just pretend you're singing, and you're not, but just pretend you are, this is Landslide, we're dedicating it to Andrea, and of COURSE, we're dedicating it to all of you...

Fleetwood Mac Live
I'd like to take just a moment to dedicate this very old song to you "Lyndon" because you're very special to us. (I swear she says Lyndon but she could be saying Lindsey.)

Gold Dust Tour Era - Live In Melbourne, Australia - 2.18.2006
Ok, one more, one more quick dedication...I would like to dedicate this next song to Andrew...McManus, and his wife, well oh, I don't think they're actually married...But, maybe somebody, and Nikki...She's gonna kill me for that, to Andrew and Nikki...For um, having us here in Australia, we appreciate it so much for you bringing us here.

Mirage Era - Live In Irvine, CA - 10.18.1982
This is my home, I would like to dedicate this song to the City of Hope, because they gave us a little more time, (something) (something) all my heart.

Mirage Era - Live In Oakland, CA - 10.20.1982
I would like to dedicate this song, to Bill Graham, because he IS the velvet underground, he started us all...Its called Landslide.

Rumours Era - Live In Baton Rouge, LA - 8.30.1978
Hello Baton Rouge...This is my Landslide and I'd like to dedicate it to Mr. John Courage, who is my friend.

Rumours Era - Live In Nashville, TN - 5.21.1977
Well, Nashville, home of back-porch singing, country, and everything...This is a song called Landslide and I'd like to dedicate it to you.

Say You Will Era - Live In Clarkston, MI - 9.14.2004
We always like to take this moment, in the set, as you know, to stop and tell you, the audience, how much we appreciate the fact that you continue to support this band...I think we've played here in this city three times over the past year and a half...So you're number one on our list! Um...Like Lindsey just said, its like I think for the whole, the last six-seven-eight songs, we've been doing, my head is so full of trying to think of all the people that we of course want to thank because its been such an amazing year and a half of touring we really have just never stopped since May fifth, LAST may fifth, not just the one that just passed, but, before before that, so without going into all that, I just want everyone up here on the stage, and all of our incredible crew, and our incredible voice monitors, and our incredible voice...monitor, Robert, and our incredible sound guy Dave Nattel, and our lighting guy Arlove, and these amazing people, these are only four of the amazing amazing men and women that take care of this group, so I'd like you to give them a big ol' round of applause. And just as an aside, the man that he dedicated um, the second song to, Ray, he picked me up to go to our first rehearsal for Fleetwod mac in an orange Dotson truck, Ray! On Hollywood Blvd. in 1975, January, to go to the very first fleetwood mac rehearsal I ever went to, I've never stopped...(something) (something) its true! So, with that all said, then there's one more person, my father, who has been out here for parts of this entire tour, this entire 135 shows, Dad, Jess, you did it, you made it, and what a guy you are, 79 years old you can rock (with the best of um! So everybody this is Landslide and its for all of you...

TimeSpace Era - Live In Los Angeles - 8.17.1991
"We put this back in the set, because we thought that maybe you might have missed it a little bit, and so we decided to keep it, I wrote this song in 1973, in Aspen, Colorado...Along with Rhiannon, never knowing it would lead to this or I would ever be standing here, so this is definitely, ah, dedicated to all of you, because if it wasn't for you I would've never written a song, this is your song, Its called Landslide."

Tusk Era - Live In St. Louis, MI - 11.6.1979
Hello St. Louis, I think I would like to dedicate this to you tonight, its called Landslide.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks guys.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a video boot of a concert in, I think, the 90's whjere she sings Landsline (harmony) on stage with a group named "Venice." The dedication is cool and their faces when she joins in is one of delight. Does anyone have this to post? I looked on youtube to no avail.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
There is a video boot of a concert in, I think, the 90's whjere she sings Landsline (harmony) on stage with a group named "Venice." The dedication is cool and their faces when she joins in is one of delight. Does anyone have this to post? I looked on youtube to no avail.
I have this somewhere, thanks for reminding me of it. I'll look for it later.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stumbled on my Landslide Word document by accident and remembered that I was trying to gather as many Landslide dedications as possible at one point. I updated a bit and copied them all to a webpage.

http://danax6.tripod.com/landslidededications.html

I'll continue to update as I sort through my bootlegs. What can I say, Stevie's babbling is sort of an obsession for me. One day I might upload my quotes list.

there is no hope for you

Old 08-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
there is no hope for you
I know. I am currently working through 35 cd's filled with interviews.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. I am currently working through 35 cd's filled with interviews.
well, right now I'm working on something that will hopefully take your mind off of it give me about 10 minutes or so and I'll have a new thread up in here.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh and this is from an unknown year, unknown venue.

from the stevie of death thread. sorry, i had to
Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Fleetwood Mac Live
I'd like to take just a moment to dedicate this very old song to you "Lyndon" because you're very special to us. (I swear she says Lyndon but she could be saying Lindsey.)

She's saying "London" because the song was recorded during a concert in London, England
Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
She's saying "London" because the song was recorded during a concert in London, England

silly lyndoner.