Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ok

Would be good if you guys open another thread for discussing about the avatar. I'm getting confused.

About being a fan, I think a fan should know (not necessarily like) more about the works beyond the singles. Not necessarily own every album, but maybe a few.

Im my opinion, What does make you a fan? I guess when you...

- Like most of the hits
- know the name of the members
- like several more songs (not necessarily singles)
- try to own some merchandise, and wear it or use it on your bedroom (posters, cups, etc)
- try to go to their concerts
- look for a radio or videos special

and a radical fan...
- read their biography
- sing their songs in the shower, or in your bedroom (using the brush as microphone)
- find a song on the radio, and listen to it, even when you already got it in cd, tape, mp3, etc..
- wait for the next album
- wait for remastered or new releases
- tell your friends you are a fan (and annoy them repeating it to death)
Old 08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Uh, dude, maybe you should look closer. The bombshell in the red dress is being molested from behind by what I presume is a dude, judging from the build.

Um, "dude" maybe you should look closer and see that the only person in that avatar is Shania, and that what you "see" is in fact her hair, maybe you should watch the video and you'll see. So don't assume you know everything.

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

My Fleetwood Mac Photoalbum
Old 08-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet

And the avatar thing? Looks like a woman in a big poofy red dress to me...
That's what is it.

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

Old 08-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
Would be good if you guys open another thread for discussing about the avatar. I'm getting confused.

About being a fan, I think a fan should know (not necessarily like) more about the works beyond the singles. Not necessarily own every album, but maybe a few.

- Like most of the hits
- try to own some merchandise, and wear it or use it on your bedroom (posters, cups, etc)

and a radical fan...
- read their biography
- sing their songs in the shower, or in your bedroom (using the brush as microphone)
- find a song on the radio, and listen to it, even when you already got it in cd, tape, mp3, etc..
I'm a radical fan! *stands proud*

Old 08-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaRhiannon
the only person in that avatar is Shania
I thought that's who it was, but I wasn't quite sure.

Carol
Old 08-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

- Like most of the hits

and a radical fan...
- read their biography

Hmm...guess I'm somewhere in the middle of the two.

Carol
Old 08-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Well, I don't have any of Stevie's solo albums from the 80's (or Lindsey's), I haven't seen/heard all the videos, live performances most people have.
However, I submit that maybe i am even MORE of a fan, because I spent oh, 8-10 years never getting tired of the same songs! I mean, i've gotten a lot more stuff recently, but i started out w/Timespace, FM Greatest Hits, and Street Angel, and those kept me for like, 2-3 years or so...and I still listen to Timespace quite a bit. I am pretty obsessed, and i hardly listen to too much other music, compared to most people. So i definitely consider myself a super fan, because of the level of how much I like FM and Stevie, not because of how much I have, or have heard...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and a radical fan...
-if you throw your tassled chenille blanket over your shoulders and spin around the apartment

(*looks around* Not ME of course, but...uuhhhhhh.....I'm sure some other radical fans...*gulp*)
Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorInTheSky
-if you throw your tassled chenille blanket over your shoulders and spin around the apartment

(*looks around* Not ME of course, but...uuhhhhhh.....I'm sure some other radical fans...*gulp*)
OMG, you just reminded me of something funny. My 5 year old had friends over for movie night. They were all in their jammies, and Rachel's is a flowing princess type nightgown. We had music on before the movie (classic disco), and she starts holding out the sides of her nightgown, twirls around and tells all her friends proudly "This is how Stevie Nicks dances!" What a crack-up. It was so funny....
So does that make her a radical fan?
Carol
Old 08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorInTheSky

Hehe I do that. *yet again stands proud* I even put on my blonde wig that I bought cause I was Stevie one year for halloween...

Old 08-11-2004, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Um, "dude" maybe you should look closer and see that the only person in that avatar is Shania, and that what you "see" is in fact her hair, maybe you should watch the video and you'll see.
Watch a Shania video!? There ain't enough gingerale in the world to contain that nausea. Not that she isn't pleasant to look at; it's just that her music is vomit-inducing, not to mention her crappy stuporstar attitude.

Quote:
So don't assume you know everything.
Assume? How silly of you. I assume nothing. I know. Socrates was wrong.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Watch a Shania video!? There ain't enough gingerale in the world to contain that nausea. Not that she isn't pleasant to look at; it's just that her music is vomit-inducing, not to mention her crappy stuporstar attitude.

Assume? How silly of you. I assume nothing. I know. Socrates was wrong.
Assume? yes, you just assumed that there was a guy "molesting" her, when in fact there isnt. Typical male, only like women for their bodies ...oh yes and it's SupErstar not SupOrstar, and how is her attitude crappy, she is very nice, and isnt a bitch like some others out there, and she's real, what you see is what you get, which is way more than I can say for Britney and Christina, and Avril Lafckingveign. Anyways, a sophisticated rhetorician, inebriated with her exuberance of her own verbosity...

Old 08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a radical fan! *stands proud*
yes going by those standarts i guess i'm one too
Old 08-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet
OMG, you just reminded me of something funny. My 5 year old had friends over for movie night. They were all in their jammies, and Rachel's is a flowing princess type nightgown. We had music on before the movie (classic disco), and she starts holding out the sides of her nightgown, twirls around and tells all her friends proudly "This is how Stevie Nicks dances!" What a crack-up. It was so funny....
So does that make her a radical fan?
Carol
That is tooooo cute! I'd pay to see that.

I'm glad to see that you're training the next generation of FM devotees.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Assume? yes, you just assumed that there was a guy "molesting" her, when in fact there isnt.
The only assumption made here so far was by you -- assuming that I was serious to start with. Humor is not for everyone, clearly.

Quote:
Typical male, only like women for their bodies
Another assumption. You assume from what I said that I only like women for their bodies. But you have little, if any evidence, to prove anything beyond my stating a belief that the woman is attractive.

Quote:
...oh yes and it's SupErstar not SupOrstar,
Well, and if you read it again, you will see that what I actually wrote was sTuporstar. And it was intentional. Another joke you missed.

Quote:
and how is her attitude crappy, she is very nice, and isnt a bitch like some others out there, and she's real, what you see is what you get
You must know her really well to be so sure that "she's real" and "what you see is what you get." What, does she invite you for tea on a regular basis? Or... you wouldn't be making more assumptions, now would you?