Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
How kind of you to say!

Lindsey plays drums on most of his solo albums, although I have no idea whether he's given anyone a migraine.

Did he really - I just have this vision of him on the bathroom floor with an empty kleenex Actually, I think LB is a little like Prince in that he can play and do most anything - I mean the man played a BANJO for The Dance for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if her has used a drum machine though. They do make life alot easier and I would not think less of him or fault him for it seeing as how drums are not his forte
Old 02-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Um.....was that sarcastic? Banjo is no struggle for a guitarist. I switched to banjo for one of those mentioned Jesus sessions and I've alerted you to my (lack of) guitaring abilities.
I know nothing of the guitar or banjo - so I was being serious!!!! thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
So as for Stevie, in my opinion (and you know how biased I am) I think she's a lyricist who can hold a tune.

Now do not go all soft on La Nicks
Old 02-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
So as for Stevie, in my opinion (and you know how biased I am) I think she's a lyricist who can hold a tune.
How kind. That's literally the best thing you can say, i bet!
I, of course, think she has charisma for the ages. Sometimes i watch her live performances from back in the day, and i weep with the beauty that I will never see the likes of again. But i have weeped with the beauty of Lindsey's guitar, too, don't worry. Hmmm, maybe i weep too much...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Lux
Old 02-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
You've weeped? Well I could never do that, unless I was simultaneously being knifed. Then I might weep.

yes, I'm a cryer. or a weeper, whatever. Especially at beauty. For instance, sometimes i weep when i'm watching gymnastics, cause it is so impossible and magnificent. Or at various other sports triumphs. Most often it is at musical performances, or acting performances. What can i say, maybe i am overexpressive. (maybe ). Don't worry, though, I rarely weep in public. But crying is a great way to relieve tension. I mean, you always feel better after, and it's cheaper than therapy Kind of like sex, but more readily available to me, and more private.
Maybe i'll call on a racial stereotype here and say that Italians are too emotional, and possibly crazy?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-10-2005 at 02:35 AM..
Old 02-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Lux
Old 02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Banjo is no struggle for a guitarist.
Moreover, Lindsey's been playing banjo since his late teens or early 20s -- his folky days. He didn't learn banjo just for "The Dance."

He plays most of the instruments on all his solo albums. His most interesting piano track is the one on his first solo album for "September Song." He says he doesn't have any trouble with most plectrum-type instruments, but he's not really a pianist.

Of the various keyboard tracks Stevie has recorded for her solo albums, the one that stands out as obviously Stevie is the electric piano on "Love Changes": it's a rhythmic series of chord changes at the top of every measure that's just right for Stevie's ability.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 02-10-2005 at 11:30 AM..
Old 02-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
You've weeped? Well I could never do that, unless I was simultaneously being knifed. Then I might weep.
Isn't that "wept" instead of "weeped" - I am asking not being snarky as I could not find weeped at www.merriamwebster.com - and I am a little fascinated by the differences in the various dialects of the English Lang. Plus, you never misuse words
Old 02-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Banjo is no struggle for a guitarist.
Oh, really? I've found that to not be true. I've been playing guitar for nearly 40 years and banjos confuse the hell out of me. (add mandolins to that, too)
Old 02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Lux
Old 02-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Isn't that "wept" instead of "weeped" - I am asking not being snarky as I could not find weeped at www.merriamwebster.com - and I am a little fascinated by the differences in the various dialects of the English Lang. Plus, you never misuse words
It was me, I did it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
But i have weeped with the beauty of Lindsey's guitar, too, don't worry. Hmmm, maybe i weep too much...
Ooops, I said weeped instead of wept. I'll just blame the cocktail on this one.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just curious - no snarkiness intended - though that it got Lux to talk about dressing as La Nicks was a fortuitous side effect - and on the heels of her comparative Stevie praising - well, who could ask for anything more
Old 02-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I was just curious - no snarkiness intended - though that it got Lux to talk about dressing as La Nicks was a fortuitous side effect - and on the heels of her comparative Stevie praising - well, who could ask for anything more
Not I. Well, I might have asked myself not to make that mistake, but yes, it was worth it.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Lux
Old 02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
You mustn't have caught the remark about wanting to suck(le) Stevie's breasts or you would have been overjoyed, or perhaps just inclined to slap me.
I missed that one or at least it has been banned from my memory

No slapping from me - but flagellating with warm pasta might be in order.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
You mustn't have caught the remark about wanting to suck(le) Stevie's breasts or you would have been overjoyed, or perhaps just inclined to slap me.

I remember that, but you said you were hungry, so...

Old 02-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Lux